Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

Basil Cell Carcinoma Radiation. Help With Information

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
I have had seven basil cell carcinomas removed from various parts of my body. The one on my arm had to be surgically removed however the others ( forehead, back and thigh were removed by electrodesication.
These were all removed about three years ago. The problem is the one on my forehead and the two on my thigh have new growth around the edges and I now have a new one on my shin. My doctor who is a plastic surgeon has recommended that I have radiation on my forehead as it is now too large to remove without leaving a nasty scar. He will use electrodesication to remove the new one on my shin and to clear up the two on my thigh. Has anyone had radiaton for basil cell carcinoma? I am concerned about the side effects and also the long term effects that radiation may have. I am a 54 year old female and the doctor thinks I may have more of these occur. When I was younger we lived on a lake and I spent a lot of time on an air mattress in the water. Of course no sun screen at that time.
Please if anyone has any thoughts on this please give me your insight
Did you find this post helpful?
|