Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety And Guilt And Relationship

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I am currently going through a very bad patch....

Just before christmas I cheated on my girlfriend in a club when I was very drunk. It was around the time when I new that I was not myself, and other people had begun to notice that I was not myself for a month or so before this happened.

Anyways, in the club, I pulled and touched the girl down there, but did not finger her. I was paranoid that I got her pregnant as I had masturbated before I went out in the evening.

I told my girlfrriend, that I love very much, that I pulled another girl, and she has forgiven me and also knows that I have not been my usual self and this is comletely out of my character.

I am now in a great state of guilt and cannot forgive myself for ever hurting my girlfriend. I no that everytime I look at her I think of what I have done to her etc. Im afraid I have battered our relationship, even though I did not want to, to a point that is unrepairable.

I believe I have a level of anxietym not only with this event but with other events, and I also suffer from a low level of ocd.

Can someone please give me some advice as to what I can do to overcome my guilt and try and forgive myself of this event so I am able to continue with my life and my relationship.

Thanks,
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 11th, 2006
Anybody????? :?: :?
|

replied January 11th, 2006
Hey someone just suggested me to Emofree.Com/ for my anxiety. Haven't tried it yet, but am going to. I advise you to give it a try for your guilt..Doesn't hurt.
|