Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

I'm On Bc And My Period Won't Stop! (Page 1)

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I've been on birth control for about 2 years and last week I forgot to take my pill one day and the next day I was a little late taking that one. The day after that I started my period. I understand that because I missed a couple pills. I read the information packet that came with my birth control and it recommended throwing away the pill pack and starting a new one. So I did that, I took my first pill on sunday and it is now tuesday and i'm still on my period! I've been on my period for a week and i'm taking the "active" pills which means i'm not supposed to be on my period, why is this happening and how do I make it stop??
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper luvablegurl89
|

replied December 23rd, 2003
Experienced User
Next time you miss two pills or less, do not throw away your pack! Doctors recommend that if you miss two or more to throw away the pack and after you get a normal period, start the new pack. Not just the breakthrough bleeding that occurs as soon as you stop taking the pill. Breakthrough bleeding is not a period. Your body is bleeding because your hormones are all messed up. You quit taking the pill abruptly and then started taking it again suddenly. You may bleed for quite sometime. There is nothing you can do to stop it except to take your pill at the same time everyday and wait it out. Sorry that is probably not what you wanted to hear.
|

replied December 23rd, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, you will just have to wait until it stops. Try to remember to take your pills at the same time everyday. If this becomes a problem then maybe you should try the patch or the depo shot.
|

replied January 15th, 2009
Same Problem
But I didn't miss a pill or be late. I started my new pack after I had my normal period, but it's been a week and I'm still bleeding. I don't know what to do or if there's something wrong with me. Help?
|

replied November 24th, 2009
can't stop my period
i can't stop my period for some very odd reason - i've been on on the pill for two months - i didn't get my period last month and the doctor said it was due to a loss of weight! and now that i have my period it dosn't stop! i've been on my period for the past two weeks, and i've been taking the pill for the past week -- any advice?
|
Users who thank leila_chaos for this post: jess92 

replied January 13th, 2010
I have been on my period for over sixty days, and it still is not stopping. I have taken the pill for four months now, and two packs in, my period started and never stopped. I got so frustrated that when I was starting my fifth pack, I just stopped taking it and I am still on my period. I am getting very overwhelmed, and don't know what to do.
|

replied February 2nd, 2012
why and what do i do?
|

replied February 2nd, 2012
why and what do i do?
|

replied January 31st, 2010
I`m having the same problem. My Dr. changed my pill and I`m still bleeding going on 4 weeks now. I set the alarm on my cell phone to remember to take it at the same time everyday so I know it`s not from missing a pill or taking it late. This is very frusterating and my b/f is getting quite upset. Someone please help!!!!
|

replied February 14th, 2010
The pill is not stopping my excessive bleeding!
Having similar problems. I've always been irregular from being overweight but from 2002 to 2007 I had to take a 15mg birth control pill to keep from bleeding. I stopped taking it in May 2007 to go on my period why my old boyfriend was on a business trip and my period never came for 18 months. Finally started again in January 2009 and was actually regular for 7 months. The continuous bleeding started again in July but wasn't excessive until late December. I had to go to an urgent care and get back on the pill. The bleeding stopped 2-3 days later, but a week after that I missed 2 pills in a row. I started the pills back up but the bleeding came and never stopped, some days the heaviness of it is unbearable. I've missed so much work, it's a temp job so no insurance, no paid sick time off, and growing doctor bills. The doctor is postponing the pap until the bleeding stops but there's no end in sight. She had me take 2 of the 15mg pills per day - the first day I turned into a hormonal emotional mess so I started taking them a few hours apart. Now she has switched me to a 35mg pill and has me taking 2 a day. It's day 4 now and the bleeding is still out of control, with constant blood clotting as well. I passed something a few days ago that did not look or feel like the regular clots and it was pretty large, but the doctor didn't want me to bring it in for evaluation and wrote it off as a clot. I am scheduled for a pevic ultrasound in 10 days but I don't think the doctor will do it until the bleeding stops. I am losing my mind, I can't do normal everyday activities, including work which I need to get back to, and I've been an emotional mess. Also just ended it with my boyfriend a month ago, it was my decision but still having a hard time getting over it. My previous ex moved in so we could help each other by having less rent to pay and he can't stand to be around me because I've been so depressed and fatigued. I'm going insane and there doesn't seem to be much I can do about it! Sad
|

User Profile
replied February 18th, 2010
Please help, been on period constantly for the last 4 months.
Im 17 years old, I got the implanon implant put in my arm in Ocotober on advice from my doctor and friend and I have since been on my period constantly, some days very heavy, for 4 months now. I have also been give Cetrezate pill and that hasn't worked either. Perhaps because I don't take it at the same time everyday, but thats because when I did, I still got a flipping heavy period everyday still. Am sick of it and I've got the shingles now too. What the heck can I do to stop them ? I'm really unhappy and tired, I have to spend lots of money on sanitary towels every week, and go into school everyday. What on earth can I do to stop this persisting bleeding ? I can't stand the cramp and pain anymore either. Anyone that could help on this I would really appreciate it, thank you.
|

replied May 4th, 2010
I have started a new birth control about 2 months ago, I''m on my 3''d pack, it''s the new '' seasonale '' you''re not suppose to have a period till the 3rd month, but for some reason I''ve been spotting and lately I''ve had a period and lots of cramps.. I think my hormones are all messed up because my breasts are hurting as well.. I have an appointment to get a ultrasound done on my pelvis to make sure there isn''t anything wrong with me, but I''m a little worried, I''m not sure what it could be and I wish it''d stop !
|

replied March 22nd, 2011
I too am on this pill..and am experienceing the same thing..my breasts HURT so bad and i always feel like im going to faint and have really bad hot flashes and then will get the goose bumps at the snap of a finger. Im tired of feeling like this i have a dr. appointment today.
|

replied May 10th, 2010
None stop period!!
I am experiencing exactly the same as all of you guys! Its horrible isnt it. I missed a pill and then took one very late in the afternoon the next day, i came on my period for about 4 days and then i thought it was stopping ,however it came back with vengeance and now i have been on for about 2 weeks. The doctor has put it down to my pill, i have had internal examinations and they also said i might have a cyst as i have a slight cramping pain. I have been bleeding for about 2 and a half weeks now after starting my pill again and taking them at 9oclock every morning i have done this for 4 days now and its not even looking any lighter. Anyone got any ideas?? xxxxxx
|

replied March 11th, 2011
I'm On Bc And My Period Won't Stop!
I am 15 years old and i have had my period for a little over a month now. I am to embarresed to tell my mom and i really just want it to stop. It started when i had to go off my pill for about month. I am now back on it and have been taking it ever day at the same time. The birthcontrol is called Yaz. If anyone could give me any advice that would be great because i am really starting to get scared. I am currently just trying to wait it out and take my pills everyday. My period gets worse with athletic activity and then changes all the time with how heavy it can be and I do start crapping at times especially when it is very heavy or after i work out. I have never had this problem before. Help please!
|

replied March 17th, 2011
Since I've had the implanon in my arm I have constantly been on my period. Is this normal?
|

replied August 5th, 2011
been on my period for 7 motnhs seriously what a girl ment to do
i have been on my period goin on 7 months now. iu have the implanon in and it is due to come out in october i have recently seen my doctor and she said this is normal when coming of the implanon, my bf is getting mad as i am stressed all the time and give him a hard time i dont mean to but i just get stressed out, my doctor is now testing me for anaemic as i have lost so much blood. Iam now thinking aboiut going on the injection ANY IDEAS would be helpful
|

replied October 19th, 2011
getting frustrated I can't stop bleeding?
omg! I thought I was the only one. I was on the depo shot but I gained so much weight that the doctor put me on the pills. I stop taking the pill since last summer now, however I still can't stop bleeding. Every no and then I got my period for weeks or sometimes months.
|

replied December 19th, 2011
I tried the depo shot and I have been on my period for seven months now... It's five AM and I woke up because I bled through my clothes and sanitary pads, my blood is clotting and I seriously cannot deal with this anymore. My doctor has tested me for anemia too but I want actual help. Does anyone actually know anything? Some women can't take birth control because this happens, so now I know I'm one of them but I can't stop my period. It is abnormal and I don't want to have to wake up every three hours to deal with it anymore. I can't go back to school away from home with this massive problem.
|

replied January 2nd, 2012
still bleeding after stopping birth control
My period had a normal schedule of 4 days...2 days heavy and 2 light days. I just started a birth control the day my period started and 5 days in I was still bleeding very heavy when I dont even have 5 day periods. I stopped taking the birth control and now its 8 days in and I am still bleeding heavy. Have no idea when I will stop bleeding but I am very upset. Anyone know how long you bleed after stopping birth control?
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied February 7th, 2012
Yaz to stop period
I've been put on Yaz to stop my period and I take it carefully but I am bleeding every day....not alot but enough to be a hassle. I wanted my period to stop as I am in a wheelchair now at age 47 and I can't deal with the hassle. Is Yaz any good for stopping periods? I'm in Canada and I've heard Yaz was pulled off the shelves in the USA due to danger. I asked my Dr and got a vague answer. Please email me directly if you know any pill or other method that will allow me to get my period only once or twice a year.

.any thanks to those who understand and care for others well being. God bless you all and I hope you all get the help and answers you seek.
|

replied June 9th, 2012
I've had these symptoms too! Sad
I missed a pill and came on so I went to the doctor as my periods were very heavy do he said to stop taking the pill and wait until the bleeding stops totals cilest as I was originally on microgynon. But I've been bleeding for 5 days heavy and it doesn't seem to be stopping Sad
Any help?
|
12 >>
Quick Reply