Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Will Soap And Water Kill Sperm (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
This is awkward but my girlfriend was on top of me with her panties and bra on and I had no boxers on. I had a pre- ejaculation but not a regular one. Some of it got on the middle of her thigh, and I was wondering if she could get pregnent. And if soap and water would kill all the sperm before they travel up towards her lips.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper tasha82
|

replied January 8th, 2006
Experienced User
I don't think you have anything to worry about. Sperm usually die quickly once they're outside the body, and if the semen was on the middle of her thigh and she was wearing panties, I can't imagine how there's any way she could get pregnant. And i'm pretty sure soap kills sperm. Don't worry :)
|

replied January 12th, 2006
Experienced User
Ummm if she had panties on and you had boxers on and you only got some on her thigh I say extremly unlikely to get her preg (but it still can happen). I dont think soap and water (well may be the soap) will kill them, but it will wash the little swimmers away!!!!!!!
|

replied February 10th, 2006
That was a bit rude. You could have at least said it nicely.
|

replied February 10th, 2006
Experienced User
Last time I checked I dont think sperm got up and walked off of your leg and jumped into your vagina and made a baby, hehe, so no I would not stress about it. Buuut, it does seem you and your gf are getting very curious and wanting to explore eachother, so before any of it starts, she should probably think about getting on birth control, and be sure to have some condoms near by, even if your not having sex now, it doesnt seem it will be long until you do, so if shes already on birth control and stuff, you guys wont have to worry when you do decide to take the next step (though please feel free to take your time, hehe) but I know how it is. And if parentals are a problem, she can always go to planned parenthood and get birth control and all that for free, its really easy, let me know if you want more info on that, ill be glad to help. Well you guys be safe! Be responsible! Have fun :)
|

replied May 18th, 2009
plpsisk
actually plpsisk, they obviously wasnt having sex, and if u must know people can get pregnant like tHAT, but i dont think she will as the chances are very low, and soap nand water must have washed them away!! how are people supposed to know about sex if they dont ask?? i think u are just rood plpsisk!
|

replied June 5th, 2009
A girl
i have a story my self me and my girlfriend was having sex and i waz on top and i was pumping hard and i didnt know the condom broke and i bused on the lips and inside some....but it wasnt as muxh as the first one that was on her thigh...she also said that she can take it out is that true....and did i make her pregenant
|

replied June 5th, 2009
I have qwuestion myself i was having sex with a girl and i was on top stroking hard and i didn't know the condom broke and i ejeculated perhaps in her or on the lips but im certain it was on the lips and a lil in her....but it was a little bit because the first round was alot....but she says theirs a way she can take it out with soap and water by pushing it out....is that true.....and is she pregnant
|

replied January 22nd, 2012
can a girl get pregnant if i ejaculated on her vagina
hi well sperm can live inside a girls vagina up to 3-5 days yes there is a chance she can get pregnant does it sound weird to think that sperm can swim well yes but its true once you have ejaculated the sperm will try to find the egg it does not mean that she is or will get pregnant but there is a chance she would have to be close to having her period there is a 25% chance of getting pregnant if she is not close to having a period but no matter what there is always a chance of getting pregnant if any more questions please email
|

replied June 5th, 2009
i would say that the water could make the sperm spread even worse like up her leg. I dont think its anything to worry about.. i would have her take a pregnancy test if she expects she is pregnant.. but the safest thing to do is always use a condom everytime or practice absenince or however u spell it..
|

replied August 25th, 2009
i agree with plpsisk. If you don't wanna get pregnant don't be freaking stupid about it. And you people should learn some grammar before giving other people advice.
|

replied August 26th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Soap and water kills sperm over time, just like air does. It is not a contraceptive. You can't wash with soap and water to get stop pregnancy. It also can't kill the sperm in pre-ejaculate as sperm doesn't normally exist in pre-ejaculate.

If your erect penis is in the vacinity of a woman's vagina it is a good idea to put on a condom. I know you're not having sex but you folks seem to be posting to Ehealth with alarming frequency about these it-just-happened stories and we have to wonder what you're trying to accomplish. Stop playing roulette with your future either be protected or don't end up in situations where you're leaving sexual fluids in a woman's crotch. If you've ever broken a condom, be more careful, use mroe lubricaiton, make sure you're using new condoms in good condition.
|
Users who thank W0LF for this post: J3nnyuk 

replied November 5th, 2009
BRAVO TO WOLF...first smart and helpful answer...
|

replied December 23rd, 2009
Hey sorry to budge in this conversation with a question, but I've been freaking out all night thinking about this. Sorry if it seems vulgar also. I'm a guy and I masterbated this morning around 10, I took a shower and washed with soap for about 10 5-7 seconds there. Later around 4 when I was with my girlfriend, I took it out and rubbed her naked area but without going in. Could she have gotten pregnant? Were young, and I was wonder what should I do? Should I just relax and think that nothing will happen or should I ask someone to get a backup plan pill? Please respond fast because It just happened today and those pills are most affective closest to the time of sex. Thank you
|

replied December 23rd, 2009
Especially eHealthy
If you peed between masturbating and playing with your gf, you are safe.

Please be more careful. And get yourself condoms. You should not get your penis on her vulva without something between you.

Take care!
|

replied December 29th, 2009
can u kill your sperm
I have a question..
Can a male kill his sprem my playin with him self like every day nd maybe 3 day break?
|

replied December 29th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
John, No. If you are healthy you will have enough sperm for every ejaculation. If you have fertility problems, one ejaculation every two days is recommended. Frequent ejaculation is NOT a birth control method.
|

replied January 2nd, 2010
i agree wiv susan on tht last one - men produce new sperm all the tym whereas women r born wiv their eggs n keep the same ones all their life - so no, u can't kill em off.
|

User Profile
replied January 2nd, 2010
Experienced User
male produce sperms every day millions of them is like a military army, I think if you shoot them outside the female the change of temperature is enough to "deactivate" their mission but to make sure just to wash with warm water is enough, but some girls use douches when something like this happen just in case. Next time use a condone if you want to play around you feel a lot with a condone is like you dont have one on...
|

replied January 9th, 2010
Helpp
Hii, me and my boyfreind have been having unprotective sex for 3 month's now i was on the pill but recently came off , but i forgot but by then i was still having unprotective sex. Do you think i am pregnant i do wants to take a preg test but i came of my period 3 weeks ago , everyday since my boyfreind has ejaculated up me so im not due on till next week ?? Please Some1 Reply Thank You.
|

replied August 9th, 2011
I hate to say this but once a woman goes off the pill they r even more furtile than b fore she went on the pill i would def get the 3 day after pill if its not 2 late
|

replied August 9th, 2011
and def get a preg test
|

replied January 9th, 2010
Helpp
Hii, me and my boyfreind have been having unprotective sex for 3 month's now i was on the pill but recently came off , but i forgot but by then i was still having unprotective sex. Do you think i am pregnant i do wants to take a preg test but i came of my period 3 weeks ago , everyday since my boyfreind has ejaculated up me so im not due on till next week ?? Please Some1 Reply Thank You.
|
Quick Reply