Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Baby Names Forum

How Did You Get to the Final Decision??

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
User Profile
Just thought i'd ask a question.

When ever I think of baby names and tell them to my partner 9/10 times he screws his nose up at them.

I ask him to run off a few and these are some of his suggestions:-
barry
garry
darryl
bob

god I hope he's just mucking around (no disrespect to anyone)!!

Here are my fav so far:-
jamilla (beautiful in egyptian)
emmett
erika
lola

how did you guys get around that hurdle when it came to the final decision?? Would be very interesting to find out I thought!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 7th, 2006
Experienced User
Well, I am fifteen, and i'm going to be a single mother when I have my twins. So I didn't really have anyone to please except myself. I'm having two boys - jayden michael and joel matthew - but I laso liked james andrew for a boy, and isabella faith and charlotte rose for a girl.
|

replied January 8th, 2006
Experienced User
At 37 weeks my boyfriend and I can't agree on anything as far as names go. I think after our baby is born we'll pull names out of a hat and decide then. See if the baby has a personality and what it looks like may help us in picking out a name. When I was little I had names picked out, but now that i'm faced with an actual child, I have no idea!
|

User Profile
replied January 11th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Silly me!! Haha

i honestly thought more people would love to share their stories!! *shrugs*
|

replied January 11th, 2006
I know what you are going through! When I was pregnant with my daughter I had this great big list and I would ask my husband what he thought, he always had some reason not to like them. I am spanish and his camanche indian, so we wanted something to include our backgrounds. Very hard,lol! We knew that she would have my middle name, but were stuck on the first. We finally decided on iyana, and 1 month before she was born he decided that he liked the name kimora better. At that point I was so tired of the name game that I said great!

In the end I am glad we did, her name fits her perfectly! Sorry for going on forever, just thought it would help to know that you are not alone it that battle :d
|