Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

No Hips!!

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
I have no hips at all! In fact they probably sink in more than curve out! I hate it! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows any workout that could build muscle or something to make me look like I have some! All I can ever find is stuff to get rid of hips! Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 7th, 2006
Experienced User
Hahahahahahaha! I only wish I had that problem!
Sorry I can't help you, but good luck to you, and I hope you find an answer hon!
|

replied February 24th, 2006
Well actually the exercises to ton down hips and but and stuff would actualy work in your case. When you exercise first you lose a little fat and than your muscles grow. So since it sounds like you dont have fat on your hips doing the hip exercises will build them up and shape them just keep going till they get as big as you want them. Also swimming is good for building strong legs and hips.
|

replied February 26th, 2009
SIGH...
We are sooo the same! I've been researching...

Narrow hips and derriere

Good: Wraps, dropped waist, sarong, chemise, set-in waist, full skirts, tents, overblouse, tunics, A-line, princess, stirrups pants and pants with pleats.
------------------------
You're top-heavy if:
You have a wide build, little or no hips, and you're slender and athletic.

Swimwear that suits you
Glamorous, sophisticated cuts will break up the slightly masculine aspect of your figure. Don't skimp on the feminine detailing: ties, prints, floral details and the like.
All shapes suit your body, but a girly bikini top will enhance your top half and small bottoms will emphasise a pert bum. Go for whatever you fancy, as long as it's feminine enough!
---------------------------
I just keep wearing baggy pants and A-line skirts.

I don't wear hanging tops coz they make my top look heavy. My shoulders are too broad so I try to put less emphasis on them. I hide my hips by wearing loose pants and skirts and I avoid tight dresses, long tops and tight pants/skirts.

Sigh, why can't I just have a proportionate body? Sad
Good luck sis...
|

replied March 4th, 2009
hips transgender
well some place's inject silicone and other things in to your hips that's what transgenders women do and they get beautiful bodies.....
|

replied October 18th, 2012
I wish I could afford that.
|

replied April 11th, 2010
Re: No Hips!
i have your problem too. my hips sink in instead. well maybe its because i have scoliosis and i dont really know if its affecting me but until i find out im stuck this way. with bigger top than bottom. i usually avoid tight clothes and dresses. and i can''t wear jeans without feeling like a freak. a secret is that when i have to wear something revealing i usually put on some tight shorts under and tuck a little toilet paper in there to make it look like i actually have hips. i know it sounds wierd but it works wonders! the bad thing is that at the end of the day when i take it all off...i feel worse than ever. to know that i can never have the body of a super model or even the figure all my friends have. but umm for your problem yeah i suggest you do some exercises or something..
|

replied June 18th, 2010
FIREFLY 17
i have no hips at all also. my measurements are 35-28-34.5.. my hips are even smaller than my breasts... and I'm also pretty short, around 5'0. what shape does this make me? i hate it that having no hips equates to small butt. not actually flat... but small. and I currently weigh 105 lbs. Sad

do some guys prefer this body type also?
|

most guys like hour glass figures that dip in and out, not many like our shape.
|

replied June 25th, 2010
Wear a skirt that flares out wide, it will make your hips look bigger. Smile
|

replied September 11th, 2010
Same problem here!
i have adzactly the same problem and i am veryyy tall so it looks quite odd when i wear tight dresses, but i dont like dresses anyway.

Good: High waisted skirts-as they take away the focus on ure hips and emphasise the waist, which therefore gives u curves Smile All high waisted things are good, and if u want to wear jeans they usually look good with a baggy t-shirt or a t-shirt that is loosely fitted Smile

but who cares just love the body ure in becuase its all u have and we should just be thankful to be born healthy (plastic surgery is not the answer) hope it helps Smile
|

replied January 23rd, 2011
mizzcandy17
FIREFLY 17
i have the same measurements as you i have 33.5 28.5 34.5 and we are the same height and weight and guess what i have the same problems and sometimes that makes me feel bad too i wish i could have a bigger butt
|

I have a pair of those padded knickers to give the illusion of a bigger butt, I still need to find something to give the illusion of thighs that stick out, I have concave thighs!
|

replied January 23rd, 2011
mizzcandy17
FIREFLY 17
i have the same measurements as you i have 33.5 28.5 34.5 and we are the same height and weight and guess what i have the same problems and sometimes that makes me feel bad too i wish i could have a bigger butt
|

replied October 19th, 2011
No Hips!!!!
I have the same problem and yall cant imagine how nasty i feel, im 21 and guys do not look at me just because i have no hips no butt... they say i look like a man im not attractive at all.... this these all that matters the hips the butt having the perfect women body... i dnt dnt have it is so depressing i dnt even get out of my house because they dont even sell clothes that i could wear n feel conformable, clothes that people cant see i have hips.... i have done exercises, taking pills, wear padding n nothings so frustrating :'(
|

I know exactly how you feel, in my 20s when all the other girls got hips I began binge eating to hopefully get them and guess what all the fat went to my waist, no one told me about hormones and that if your body makes more androgens and not much oestrogen then sadly we will always have a boyish/manly figure. Depressing.
|

replied November 28th, 2011
Ladies! Why all the hate?
Ladies! Why all the hate?

You obviously don't see what everyone else is seeing ... I bet you all have long fantastic legs and arms, were blessed with bigger busts and can rock a pair of skinny jeans better than anyone.

Take advantage of your body shape! You can look so chic in so many styles ... try a bohemian look with tight pants and flowing off the shoulder tops. Throw on a blazer, which accentuates your curves at the waist, with a button down and some skinny jeans. Or even go for the androgynous look with some high waisted wide-leg trousers and a structured top - voila!

Again, just because you don't feel sexy in a skin tight dress (when are people wearing these anyways?) doesn't mean you still can't look fabulous!!!

Trust me, I have the same body shape and I can't tell you how many compliments I get on my body (because i'm rockin it right!)
|

Loving this, I have very skinny legs and a pancake flat butt and no hip or thigh curve at all, I look like a lollipop as I have big boobs. I can't wear those skinny jeans at all as they make me look top heavy and a bit like Amy Whinehouse with a fat tummy. In fact trousers and pants are a nightmare to wear as they just fall down and theres nothing to hold them up, I have to wear skirts and dresses as I don't want to have to wear braces ( suspenders) I hate my figure its so unfeminine.
|

skinny jeans look awful on people like me with no hips. trust me on this, thats if you can keep them up in the first place.
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2012
Me too...
Sigh... I have had this problem (no hips/nobutt) and it only got worse as I got older. I would much rather have this shape they call it "athletic build" and be thin, it looks better! When I put weight on it goes to the wrong places, such as waist and upper bod which makes me look more boxy shaped/masculine imo...
Ladies if you have this body shape you are in the 20% of women... Most women are pear shaped, then there's banana which is straight up and down and then there's apple which is thickest at middle. ~ I'm trying to have a new attitude! This is what God gave me and I have hated myself for too long, its funny because friends who have the opposite problem hate their bodies too.. More than one friend has told me she was jealous of my hips and they were "cute as hell"... I'm going to excercise daily, eat well and be the best "ME" that I can be. I'm starting to lose a little weight and then I'm going to buy some padded underwear... OK so I'm going to cheat a little. Smile
|

replied November 5th, 2012
...so I'm not alone after all!
wow I'm so glad I found this page, because I totally relate to all of you! I thought I was the only girl in the world with this problem!
I'm 21, 5'9" and around 113-115 lbs. I ride horses and jog regularly, which is the only thing that has given my toothpick legs any definition, and has actually given me a size 1/2 butt. I eat healthy but a lot, seriously sometimes too much, but when I do gain weight from eating too much fast food it all goes to my waist.
I have less calf muscle than a super model. my bone structure in general is long and so slender that I was called a giraffe in high school, yet now that I'm in college I've been told I should model. I don't want to model because then I'd have to stop eating and I'm never going to stop eating. I guess I've been blessed with a high metabolism.
BUT MY REAL ISSUE IS THIS: not once has a guy ever asked me on a serious date, and not once has a guy ever told me in a completely serious tone that he is attracted to me. all the guys I have been interested in have ended up with beautiful CURVY girls of all different weight, but with hourglass figures. and I'm still here, single, skinny with tiny hips, wondering why guys have to be so superficial. I don't complain about it out loud of course, but it's a trend I've noticed and it really bothers me.
then I got even more scared when I saw my good friend recently who is married with her first child, and she told me when I have kids I should get a C section because my hips are so small that they might crack while giving birth! she said she knew someone who that happened to! of course I got really freaked out by that.
so yeah, that was just my feelings on the subject. I'm just glad to know I'm not the only girl out there with tiny hips xD
|

replied February 21st, 2013
No curves!
Okay I'm 25 5'7" 125 lbs and my measurements are bust 27.5" waist 23.5" and hips 27". I feel like I have the smallest body ever! Like no curves! I don't even feel like there are other girls with my body type. It sucks.
|
Quick Reply