Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

When I Get Hot I Get Extrmely Itchy (Page 1)

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
Whenever I get hot, I begin to itch extremely bad , or when I get nervous or embarassed. Usually when I do a phyisical activity , I can only do it for a short period of time because after a while I get hot and the itching begins and it becomes unbearble. Also whenever the weather is hot I also get very itchy. Whenver I am nervous or embarassed it also happens. When I get itchy its seems to spread all over my body and the more I scratch it and think about it the more it itches. The only way for me to make the itching stop is to get cool fast , by getting in the shade and drinking something cool , just trying to cool my body down ,but I just have to get cool quick then it stops. One time I tried to go for a jog but I began to get hot and I started to itch so badly the only for me to make it stop was to hop in the shower and take a cold one. Does anyone else have this problem ? If so whats the solution. I haven't talk to a doctor about it but maybe I should because its definetly conflicts with my daily activities.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Fruities
|
Users who thank rocklee for this post: SuggaDaddy  rlt 

replied February 3rd, 2006
Sounds Familiar...
I have the exact same problem; you may have candida overgrowth (yeast overgrowth in the intestines). I have candida & that's what causes me to itch the way I do. Cadida has many symptoms: digestive (stomach) problems, frequent colds/flu, gas & bloating, yeast infection, white coating on tongue (called thrush), dandruff, depression, irritability, foggy thinking, extreme fatigue, constipation, difficulty focusing, etc.

Just something to consider....

There's not really any effective test a doctor can do to find out if you have it (it doesn't show up in the blood) but I know an at-home test you can do that is legitimate (a natural doctor discovered it):

put a tall glass filled with water by your bedside bfore going to bed. When you get up first thing in the morning, spit in the glass of water and watch the saliva over the course of about an hour or longer.

If the saliva starts to form rope-like strands through out the water that are suspended in the water, there's a very good chance you have candida overgrowth.

You can try taking a candida treatment to see if this helps. Most of them don't work, but one that is very good & has worked for many is called candex by pure essence labs.

Your itching could also be an immune disorder (the itching is an overreaction of your body to being too hot). It's very impt. To cleanse the body, heal the immune system, eat a fairly healthy diet, take a good quality multi-vitamin (an excellent one is seasilver) and make sure you're not deficient in any vits. Or minerals. If you are, you should supplement, but with only the best quality ones from a health food store.

Sorry if this is long, but I hope this helps. I'm a nutrition major & have lots of knowledge on this sort of stuff (it's my specialty), & i'm actually working on my nutrition degree right now (i'm in college right now).

Reply to this if u need any more info or help, I will check back often; glad to help any way I can. :) :) :)
|

replied January 17th, 2007
Itchy Scalp And Some Other Places
I was diagnosed as hypoglycemic and my head itches so bad. When I used to go to the bathroom, itching and burning occured. When I exercised, things got worse. I am taking magnesium and b6 with a multivitamin c-with b vitamins, copper, chromium-this has cleared up the acid/sugar in my urine which was causing the burning. I found tea-tree oil scap treatment for the itching at my scalp. This product is normally for african-americans yet it works and no itching yet, and it smells good. It is just slightly greasy, so don't put too much or it will be running in your eyes. Thesemulti-vitamins do contain pro-biotics which can heal yeast in the body also...Jolie1447
|

replied March 16th, 2009
Same
I have the same exact problem and have no clue what to do about it, rocklee. It gets so unbearable at times. I've been trying to find out about it and how to fix it, but cannot seem to find anything.
|

replied March 7th, 2014
I too have the exact same problem, I can't talk to people for more than a minute, It's increasing day by day, it's really unbearable when I'm even a bit nervous or depressed, if I try explaining this to someone it starts itching and I cannot control it, the only thing that helped me is take a cold shower, it kept me cool for 2/3 hours
|

replied April 11th, 2009
Fairly easy fix
I suffered with it for about 20 years.
Here is how to get rid of it.

1.Start a regular workout routine where you get a full body sweat at least 3 times per week basically every other day. every day if you have the time and energy. This is a serious sweat mind you, head to toe not just anrm pits.

2.You will itch like crazy during your first few workouts so have some lamisil available to rub on every spot that itches immediately. Do not stop work out for this just grab the tube and rub it on and keep going.

3. Begin drinking water regularly so it will be easy for you to sweat during your workouts.

4. Do an internal cleanse you probably have a lot of canidia bacteria in your intestines. Start eating more leafy food and other veggies.

5. I did this for two years straight not a single day after the first couple of months did I itch again. Lost about 90 pounds and it was gone.

6. This year I stopped the workout because I was overwhelmed with college classes and work, begin eating alot of carbs and sweet begin to gain weight and the itch came back immediately.
|

replied July 16th, 2009
itching when hot
i have the same problem and while i was at the doctors for a diffrent thing i ask about it and they gave me some tablets she said i was allergic to my own sweat the tablets was very helpful u take 1 a day and i did not itch all day even when i was really hot and sweating you should go to your doctors and ask them how they can help i think they was antibiotics they help you when you allergic to some thing but it does not get rid of it
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
I use to have this problem when it was hot or when I exercised. The doctor said it was an allergic reaction to some soap or lotion I was using (it could even have been my shampoo, since when I wash my hair in the shower, it gets all over me). When I sweated, my pores would open up and let the soap or lotion in and I would start itching. I switched to all hypoallergenic products and it hasn't happened since. You may also try an anti-histamine when it does happen. That seemed to help me, too.

Good luck.
|

replied July 18th, 2009
I have the exact same problem. My doctor thought it was an allergy but I convinced her it wasn't. I never had any visible symptoms, just itching that was unexplainable. Up until I got terrible outbreaks two days ago, I just thought it was a nervous reaction. I started seeing tiny hives, and now I'm convinced it's CU (cholinergic urticaria). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholinergic_u rticaria
Take a look at that.

There's also a large thread in the allergy section I believe. Trust me, I have the EXACT same problem, it's unbearable, it's more concentrated on my torso and back, but recently since it's gotten hotter it's been all over my legs, knees, thighs, feet, arms, hands even fingers! It's terrible and I've got no clue what stops it, I just know for sure cold water applied to the area brings it down almost immediately, and a cold shower is instant relief. I'm going to see a neurologist on Thursday and hopefully I'll get a straight answer. If not I'll try an allergist and dermatologist and I'll post any remedies here. I know how painful it is, it's been happening for the past 5-6 months now.

Good luck to all.
|
Users who thank Rashad for this post: AnasJadgal 

replied December 7th, 2009
Well my problem first happened wen i was 13 and the doctor just said i would grow out of it and now im almost 18 and i still have the problem and now my doctor said i have a alergic reaction to my veins expanding so i take like clairton or zyrtec. he said theres no way to solve the problem just all have to keep taking meds the rest of my life. they help alot but if i work real hard i still itch just as bad but my rash dose not appear most of the time normally i only get red. so i would talk to my doctor and see if its a alerigic reaction
|

replied December 18th, 2009
Itch When Hot, Nervous or Embarassed
im 16 and whenever i get too hot, embarassed or nervous i get a very itchy scalp, neck and upper body. i am going to the doctors in 5 days and will post any updates or cures if they are given
|

replied January 4th, 2010
It's Unbearible !!!
Yep... I got the same exact problem. I'v been having it since I was 11 and I'm 14 now and I still have it. I'll do anything to get rid of it and I bet anybody else would to. ITS UNBEARIBLE!! But I'ts kinda nice to find out somebody else has this same problem (good way). I actually wish nobody had it but oh well. If anybody has a cure that works please tell me....
|

replied January 4th, 2010
Possible Cure
i got given anti-histemines
|

User Profile
replied January 10th, 2010
Itchy Itchy and Itchy!
I have this too, the itching gets so bad that I feel like I have to go outside and roll in the snow for it to stop... Causes a real problem when I'm at a party, or just sat in the living room with my friends with a cuppa and get too hot... I was also in a heated argument and had to walk away, not because of the situation but just because I didn't want to show that I was going to tear my skin off... So it causes a BIG problem.
I went to my doctors and they said to use this cream, which didn't work at all... I think smearing anything on you that's cold willl do the trick (stupid woman) So I don't know what to do next.
I'm going to go to the doctors soon but I have exams all this week (Stress = Itching) and then I'm at work all weekend (Physical work = itching) and then I'm going on holiday on the monday for a week (Hot weather = death) So I'm really not looking forward to what this couple of weeks will bring... hopefully I'll just get used to it... but I highly doubt it!
Any suggestions that anyone have found for a sort of easy and quick fix?
|

replied January 21st, 2010
itch
It's nice to know that other people suffer with this too, in a kind of masochistic way... I started itching around my torso while playing football (soccer) when i was about 16. It was unbearable and i thought i was gonna go mental. It's been happening throughout my life ever since (i'm 30 now). I've had long periods where it's not affected me but about 4 weeks ago it came back and it's depressing me severely. I can't have a bath, exercise or even have sex for fear I will start itching. I've been to the doctors about it many times but they don't seem to understand the severity of it. Help?
|

replied February 26th, 2010
This condition is called cholinergic urticaria. This is a result of the body being hypersensitive to the sweat process.

It usually goes away on its own, but it may last for years.
|

replied April 14th, 2010
Itch caused by heat.....Reallly
Itch caused by heat.....Reallly

I have been suffering from this same problem since i came to North America 4yrs ago, Canada to be specific and i think its more of a regional problem not universal. Twice i travelled back to West Africa for about one month on both occasions i had no symptoms and i was perfectly fine. I dont know how to address this itchy problem but i think a research into environmental differences between tropical africa and north american climate will help in determining the cause, hence leading to a solution or treatment. I will appreciate any feedback if any of you still had the problem when outside North America or while you where in any tropical area.
|

replied April 24th, 2010
itch
Fruities,

I live in England (see my post above yours) and about 7 years ago, while I was being affected severely by this itching, I took a holiday in France where it was VERY HOT! I was amazed to find that I didn''t itch at all in the 10 days I was there. So you could have a point with your geographical theory. I am currently at my wits end as this latest outbreak seems to be getting worse and worse. I''ve convinced myself that it''s linked to my emotions in some way, I am quite depressed and suffer with anxiety and it seems to come on when I''m not in a very good frame of mind...

I wish someone would tell me where I can find a cure coz i''m going f**king nuts.
|

replied April 26th, 2010
possible cure
I''ve been researching this for weeks now and it''s very much looking like it could be caused by an overgrowth of the Candida albicans yeast in the gut. That would explain only itching when the skins temperature becomes raised, basically it''s a form of thrush. It seems that the only way to cure this problem is through diet, totally cutting out ALL sugars (even naturally occuring sugars in fruit), carbohydrates, caffeine and other foodstuffs as these actually FEED the yeast infection and exacerbate the problem. These foods can be slowly reintroduced when the yeast has been killed off. I am starting this diet today, so I''ll let you all know how it goes. Also I am going to my doctor today as there are medications to help, but it really look as though diet is the main contributing factor to this itching. I really hope this helps someone.
|

replied May 2nd, 2010
the same thing
i have the same exact problem. whenever i get hot it itches all down my back and head then all over my body, but one thing i think it is is that i got chicken pox when i was 18 (im 20 now) and most of the itches are where most the chicken pox were, which were on the top of my head and back. idk if this is related to what any of you or the author has but the symptoms are the same. any help?
|

replied August 3rd, 2013
Hi there,

I suffer the same exact problem too... Have you found any solution?

Regards,

Rod
|

replied May 2nd, 2010
alright this is a update from my recent post. i did some research and i got this:

Anything that causes a shift in the immune system from a balance between Th1 type white blood cells (NK cells, which eliminate cancer cells, viruses, yeasts, and intercellular bacteria) and Th2 type white blood cells (which eliminate bacteria, parasites, toxins and react to allergens) will open up the door for candida. Things such as toxins, some viral infections like mono, Roseola (HHV6 virus), "CHICKEN POX" and Type A Influenza, or most vaccines can cause the shift--- from that being said, im pretty sure i have candida overgrowth from chicken pox. Sad
|