Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

White Marks On Front Teeth

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
Hi, I have an enquiry, mostly every morning when I wake up and look in a mirror, I see bright white marks on my front two teeth. They do dissapear after 3-4 hours but then again next morning they re-appear. I always think for some reason that its cos I sleep with my mouth open and breathe in from my mouth. Could you please tell me why these marks appear and how I could prevent the white marks from appearing every morning.
Thanks in anticipation:)
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mlady777
|

replied January 16th, 2007
Re: White Marks On Front Teeth
woohoo wrote:
hi, I have an enquiry, mostly every morning when I wake up and look in a mirror, I see bright white marks on my front two teeth. They do dissapear after 3-4 hours but then again next morning they re-appear. I always think for some reason that its cos I sleep with my mouth open and breathe in from my mouth. Could you please tell me why these marks appear and how I could prevent the white marks from appearing every morning.

how odd when I woke 2 days ago I had exactly the same thing I have never had this before it was just on my right front tooth right along the bottom but when I looked the following morning it had gone what is it?
Worried also waiting in anticipation misselles :0(
|

replied January 16th, 2007
misselles93 wrote:
woohoo wrote:
hi, I have an enquiry, mostly every morning when I wake up and look in a mirror, I see bright white marks on my front two teeth. They do dissapear after 3-4 hours but then again next morning they re-appear. I always think for some reason that its cos I sleep with my mouth open and breathe in from my mouth. Could you please tell me why these marks appear and how I could prevent the white marks from appearing every morning.

how odd when I woke 2 days ago I had exactly the same thing I have never had this before it was just on my right front tooth right along the bottom but when I looked the following morning it had gone what is it?

Worried also waiting in anticipation misselles :0(
|

replied May 7th, 2007
White Spots
The white spots that you notice are most likely from the teeth becoming dehydrated. When you breath through your mouth and the teeth dry out, they turn a pasty white color. Once your saliva rehydrates them you should notice them return to a normal color. The problem with this happening, is you need to keep your teeth moist because your saliva contains minerals that actually in laymens terms resurfaces the enamel. It would be good to get an appliance that helps you breath through your nose while sleeping.
|
Users who thank mlady777 for this post: Alliebonbon4 

replied October 2nd, 2007
I am 45 years old. Just today I noticed that I have some white spots on my front two teeth. What could be causing this? I brush my teeth twice a day. I know that I breath thorugh my mouth. And I am taking a strong medication right now calledCephalexin. Could it be this medication? Could my teeth be dehydrated?

thanks for any feed back you can provide.
|

replied March 9th, 2009
white marks on front teeth
i'm so glad i read this as i woke up yesterday with the same white stuff on my 2 front teeth now i know it's dehydration as i have been having to breathe with my mouth open day and night as i had an operation on my nose last friday so it totally makes sense. i was so worried as it just appeared over night! will the normal colour definately return as my nose starts to clear in the next week?
|

replied June 5th, 2010
White specks on teeth
Hmm today I have these white marks on the bottom of my teeth, there just above my gum on my teeth. I can feel that it's there, it's hard to explain how it feels, it feels sorta rough, But not at the same time. What is this?
|

replied July 27th, 2010
hey guys i have the exact same problem. I sleep with my mouth open at night too. The solution to keeping the white marks OFF your teeth is getting a mouth guard. right now, I'm using shock doctor for braces (i'm 15). and now, if the mouth guard has stayed in all night, I wake up and I don't have white spots! Smile
|

replied November 11th, 2010
I also use a mouth guard and put a little water in the tray to prevent white spots from appearing on my two front teeth. Sometimes I still get a little white blotch, when the ceiling fan is on. I have allergies and my nose is nearly always stuffed up. I just wish there was another solution so I don't have to wear a mouth guard to bed the rest of my life!
|

replied June 5th, 2011
White Spots on Two Front Teeth
I have this problem but I breathe through my nose...
|

replied September 13th, 2011
I've been experiencing these white blobs on my teeth in the morning as well.

If they are from your teeth dehydrating... is it bad to wipe off the white stuff?
I usually do because it seems like plaque buildup or residue from using mouthwash.
Am I making my teeth weaker by getting rid of this white gel?
|

replied October 11th, 2011
What I have are white marks that won't come off. They make me feel very unattractive
|

replied May 31st, 2012
Here's the answer
The white marks are something called Dental Fluorosis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_fluoro sis

You most likely have this from OVEREXPOSURE TO FLUORIDE when you were a child, and chronic adult exposure.
Most drinking water is fluoridated, you may also be using it in your toothpaste. And remember that if the water is fluoridated, so are all your drinks, bread, and anything made with water.

They told us fluoride would make our teeth strong. Instead it's causing ugly stains and causing weak teeth in severe cases. We are being poisoned.
|

replied July 17th, 2012
Ive had white marks on my two front teeth since i was probably around 7-8 im now 17 and its so embarrassing having these white marks :/ what are they and how do i get rid of them??!!!
|

replied November 7th, 2012
I wear invisiline to bed. My teeth look great in the morning... It's throughout the day that white spots appear, are they dry out. Any suggestions?
|

replied April 20th, 2013
I get the white marks too! I clench my teeth at night.. There pressure marks, or crush marks!
Get a mouth guard to prevent them. It's absolutely nothing to do with breathing through your mouth. It's simply pressure marks cause by other teeth!
|
Quick Reply