Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Sexual Health - Men Question

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
Hi!

I am 23 years old and I have a big problem with premature ejaculation.I have searched for treatment,and found by some resources that it is due to deficiency of SEROTONIN.I have taken Zoloft for 1 year and during that period I ¨ve had delayed ejaculation.I have also found that there is a new medication Dapoxetine for premature ejaculation,it works similar to Zoloft(inhibits serotonin re-uptake).I also have pain in prostate during and after ejaculating.Can you give me some advice please?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2006
Sexual Health - Men Answer A116
Premature ejaculation is a psychiatric rather than a physiological disorder. It is the result of anxiety and stress and is typical in younger, inexperienced men. Premature ejaculation may become a problem if it is present for longer periods of time. This problem disturbs many men's self-confidence and creates sexual dissatisfcation in both sexual partners; premature ejaculation can lead to relationship disturbances also. “Zoloft” is an antidepressant, one whose side effects include the inability to achieve orgasm. Because orgasm is achieved very soon during intercourse for men who prematurely ejaculate, Zoloft can be used to delay an orgasm (ejaculation). “Daproxetine” is similar to "Zoloft" (they both inhibits serotonin re-uptake) but is specially developed for treating premature ejaculation. Daproxetine is still in an experimental phase (not approved by the FDA yet) and remains unavailable to consumers. For prostate pain, you can visit a urologist because it might be the result of prostate inflammation; this can also cause premature ejaculation.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.