Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Alternative Medicine Forum

Castor Oil & Swollen Lymph Nodes (Page 1)

I have a slightly swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck.

I've done a little research on this, and recently found out about castor oil, and it use in reducing the size of enlarged lymph nodes.

I was wondering if anyone here knows if one can just rub castor oil into the skin to help with this?

The lymph node initially swelled up one night. I wasn't ill, at least I didn't feel ill. It was also quite painful to the touch. Then the pain eventually subsided, and the node reduce in size a little, but never reduced completely.

So I figure, based on my research, that there is still a build up of toxins blocking things up, and so lymphatic flow has been slowed down.

Castor oil is supposed to increase the flow of lymph throughout the body, speeding up the removal of toxins, thereby reducing the size of swollen lymph nodes.

I just want to know if I can apply it topically by simply rubbing it into the skin where the lymph node is, without using hot packs.

Thanks for any feedback.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Uzaman
|

replied January 17th, 2006
Experienced User
I went ahead and tried the castor oil on the swollen lymph node, since it appears no one has an answer for my above question.

I've applied castor oil three times (so far) to the node, and speaking objectively, I have to say it's working. I was skeptical before the first application, but it really seems to be working.

The node is the smallest it's been in years (the node has been swollen for around ten years, but the pain disappeared a long time ago).

It doesn't feel as rock hard as it 'normally' feels. There's some 'give' when I press lightly on it.

I will definitely keep using the oil, and (hopefully), it will completely disappear from sight. Obviously, my lymphatic system has been congested there, and the castor oil has cleared something out of the way, so that particular node isn't being overworked anymore.

Therefore, it doesn't have a backlog of work to catch up on, and is able to return to its normal size. For what it's worth, i'll keep this forum posted on any further progress.

Oh, and btw, if anyone is suffering from swollen lymph nodes, be sure to get it checked first by a doctor, as in using castor oil to reduce its size, you might end up masking something in serious need of attention.

I got mine looked at first...
|
Users who thank Uzaman for this post: alno74 

replied January 25th, 2006
Experienced User
Just an update on my progress with castor oil. I have no doubt now that the node is reducing in size, and it can only be castor oil, since that is the only thing I apply to it.

The chances of the node just happening to reduce in size (after 10 years mind you) --at the same exact time that I start using something that is promoted as being able to help-- it's very unlikely, don't you think?

I think so. The node is so small now, that when i'm applying castor oil to it, sometimes I forget where it is, because I can hardly feel it.

Now, if I had enquired about how to deal with it (reduce its size) when I saw the doctor, he might have suggested that I go under the knife, and have it removed.

What's also surprising is that my castor oil doesn't specify that it is cold-pressed, so I assume it isn't.

All (well, most) of the places (i've researched online) state that the cold-pressed version is the one that is effective. Then again, most of them were selling something (namely, cold-pressed castor oil).

I've searched high and low for cold-pressed castor oil locally, but couldn't find it. Perhaps it's a way of attracting more customers, knowing that the cold-pressed version is extremely difficult to find.

So people will (hopefully) decide to buy their oil, reasoning that if they buy non cold-pressed, from their local chemist, it won't work.

Perhaps i'm just being my usual paranoid self. Or perhaps mine is cold-pressed after all.

Whatever the case, i'm glad it's working, and that my research looks to be paying off. I just love the internet. :)
|

replied January 27th, 2006
Experienced User
Yeah, i'm really happy about it. I had my doubts (as I said) that something so cheap, and readily available, could work so powerfully on one's body, but I continue to be amazed.

It didn't even take castor oil a week to reduce the node to near its original size.

I was thinking of researching the various points on the body where nodes can be found, and then continuing to use castor oil in this way, perhaps once or twice a week, on those areas, just to make sure my lymphatic system is flowing smoothly.

Works great around the eyes too, to keep the delicate skin there looking good. I wouldn't use it during the day though (around the eyes), because of its purgative powers.

I find that it tends to draw 'stuff' out of the eyes. Useful in the case of an eye infection, but not too pretty. :)
|

replied August 11th, 2011
castor oil for swollen glands
Thanks for the post. i have the same problem.I wonder, how do you use castor oil around eye? what for?
thanks
|

replied September 9th, 2007
I found your thread using google. I typed "reduce swollen lymph node" and found you, it's the third from the top.

I created an account here so I could thank you for sharing your story with the world. I have had a similar success with my epidytimis. I had a vasectomy over a year ago and have had swollen episodes when too much sperm is produced. I use castor oil and cayenne pepper tinture to apply on my scrotum. It stimulates blood flow and helps disolve the sperm and reduce the swelling.

Anyway, thanks again.

Very Happy
|

replied January 18th, 2008
I had to thank you, too~ !

2 years ago, I went to the clinic because I found a hard lump 2 fingers below my earlobe, right where it meets my jaw. It was quite large, just on the left side, and came on rather suddenly. She told me she couldnt feel anything, I felt liek an idiot, and also- thats not where my lymph nodes are. Huh. So I mentioned it to my regular doctor at my next physical... she felt it , but said it's not a lymph node- possibly a neck muscle. Seriously??

Well the last 2 days, it's been painful. It's a hard, rubber like ball about 1-2 cm, and I KNOW I can feel it. It's painful. It seems liek it swells, then goes away periodically, so i'm not worried about cancer so much. Or I wasn't, until 3 weeks ago when I had a fairly large swelling in my groin area- right where my thigh meets my torso. I can still feel it, but 4 weeks later, it's subsided somewhat. I was also diagnosed with anemia 3 months ago, and have a follow up appointment next week with my Dr. - will mention the groin are (It felt like a hernia- my boyfriend was pretty freaked by it).

So I don't know what's going on with me, but I'm definitely going to try the castor oil- I'm thinking my lymphatic system is blocked. I haven't been sick lately, so I doubt it's an infection. I'll post if it works. I'm really concerned it's something more serious though. I don't want to be an alarmist, running to the doctor every time I find a funny bump (especially after the first doctor- she almost seemed angry when she told me there was nothing there). But 2 lumps, and anemia? Should I be worried? Even though my doctor has discounted it? If it was leukemia or cancer, they would have noticed something else in my blood when they checked it, right?
|

replied January 19th, 2008
Hey thanks for the info. I guess this question is for anyone else who can answer it, I'm just wondering how you go about applying the castor oil, to the area on your neck and if you placed a heat pad on it following the application. I bought castor oil at a pharmacy but it is used as a laxative, is that what you used or should I be looking for something different.

Thanks a lot
|

replied January 20th, 2008
hope this helps
a key thing I looked for was to make sure the castor oil is cold pressed and cold processed. The kind I use is for external use only and not to be ingested. Just clean the skin with mild soap and water. I apply the mixture as a pack, I soak a cotton ball in the mix and just hold it up against my scrotum. Applying dry heat is ok and actually helps the castor to soak in; in a way it stimulates the oil to work better.

Heat brings more blood to the area, increased circulation speeds up healing. In my mix I put .5mL of Cayenne tincture which gets pretty warm and helps attract the blood. If you choose to use the cayenne, start with little amounts and work your way into it. I used to much on my first time and WOOO! The oil takes awhile to wash off and my nuts where pretty sore for awhile. haha, oh well. Some things are truely better with moderation.

Another way is to take hot baths. I take one or two 15-minute baths per week and that helps reduce my sperm production. It's relaxing, which helps the emotional healing (you can't heal physically if you're fatigued mentally). When you're happy you produce better hormones that heal you physically. Most importantly, taking a hot bath gives a great excuse to play with toy boats and rubber duckies; it's fun to be healthy.

Very Happy
|

replied August 11th, 2011
you are a humorist! I love you
|

replied January 17th, 2009
What brand of Castor oil did you use?
|

replied January 19th, 2009
Thankyou
thankyou for your info I will try it and post my success (if I have any here)
|

replied March 11th, 2009
Thanks
Uzaman, thank you very much for taking your time and post your results and experience.
|

replied March 14th, 2009
Swollen Lymph Nodes -Important
Do not and I repeat do not fool around if you have these. My 23 year old daughter had them for about 6 months and I insisted she get them check out and they found out that she has stage 4 hodgkins lymphphomia, and in her bones. This is nothing to fool around with. Get to the Dr and insist on a Pet scan ASAP.
|

replied March 14th, 2009
lymphatic drainage
My grandmother had her lymph nodes removed along with her mastectomy and has developed Post Mastectomy Lymphedema. I have been searching for "natural" ways to help her with this. I know that grapefruit oil is supposed to help with the fluid buildup and since I saw this forum I was wondering if I could use castor oil as the carrier oil. Would this help with her drainage like it does for the swollen lymph nodes???
|

replied March 29th, 2009
swollen lymph nodes-important
Canarygirl-
I agree that it's important to get checked, but let me ask you; what other symptoms did she have?
|

replied March 30th, 2009
Symptoms
She had pain in her left leg, that was her only symptom. They told her she had a pulled muscle, sent her to a physical theapist, then told her they were blood clots, then finally figured out they were swollen nodes in her leg. She worked the whole time, it was a blow to think she had a pulled muscle to finally a stage 4 and in her bone.
|

replied June 4th, 2009
Castor Oil and Lymphedema
ZTs Momma - have you tried using Castor Oil? I would like to know if it is helpful for primary lymphedema.
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2009
I use the brand Palma Christi castor oil its cold pressed and all that you can find it at whole foods or a health store. I'm using that and cayenne to dissolve some heterotopic ossification (bone) in my hip.
|

replied January 25th, 2010
Swollen Lymph Nodes
Correct, DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES!!! My 47 year old husband who is the picture of health, exercises everyday, has been a runner since he was in college, gets annual physicals with impeccable blood tests was hit while riding his bicycle. While in the trauma unit they did CT scans to make sure he didn't have any broken bones. They did see a swollen lymph node and was told that it was probably due to his trauma of being hit while riding his bicycle. Five months later the swelling in his lymph node has not gone down and after a biopsy we recently found out he has Chronic Lyphocytic Leukemia. His CBC in October was perfect, all tests within range including his WBC, all perfect yet here we are faced with this horror.
|

replied January 31st, 2010
where is his swollen lymph node at?
|

replied December 18th, 2010
Thanks Uzaman and all of you who shared about castor oil. I want to share my experiences, but the information I am sharing is not meant to replace the advice of a doctor, or in any way prescribe. I began doing extensive research on and experimenting on myself with herbs in the early 1990s when the conventional medical field here in the US was just beginning to really examine the possibilities of herbal remedies, most likely because it became a multi-billion dollar biz. For me, the conventional medical field has been necessary at times in my life, and quite often since I had multiple health related issues. I do believe I have had some of the best physicians in the world treating me. They have been most helpful in many areas, Yet there have been areas in which, even they admitted they could do little, although they did all they could. Thus, began my research into the alternative medical field. A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with Diffuse B-Cell Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. At about the middle of my treatments, I began to experience large, very hard and excruciatingly painful boils, which, as I understand it were most likely caused by the chemo. After being cut on at the ER twice, with the docs not giving the anesthetic time to work, and therefore feeling every cut, I knew I didn't want to go through the ER for boils again. I had studied castor oil quite a bit, and had always heard it could cure almost anything. Sure enough in my research I found that is has multiple healing properties. Some herbal remedies have hundreds of healing properties. I was desperate when I found myself with yet another painful boil. I would have been much more so, if I had known there were many more to come for months. I read this one post by someone who had used simple castor oil on a cotton ball to cure boils. I was extremely skeptical that this easy, inexpensive and painless solution could really work, though I had great success with natural remedies. Mostly, I was afraid it wouldn't and I could end up with an infection that could be much more serious. Again, I was desperate not to go through the torment I went through at the ER, so I tried the castor oil. The boils were huge, so a simple cotton ball didn't work and I found that these slipped out from under the bandaids, even when I used large ones. I used plain castor oil (don't know whether it was cold pressed or not), which I placed on a gauze pad, sometimes with double thickness, as the drainage was great. I placed a large size bandaid (ouchless type) on top of this. With this method, I have cured every boil since. This method has worked for me within 24 to 48 hours each time, bursting the boils open and causing them to drain profusely. It is like it explodes them or something. Really. I ended up having to quit the chemo as it was too much for my body, and have since pursued only prayer and natural remedies. It is possible that the chemo caused my blood sugar to elevate, which can be a cause for boils. And I know of at least one person who has told me that chemo caused this to happen to her husband and he ended up in the hospital with kidney failure. I didn't want that. What most people don't know, is that when a person takes chemotherapy, what they are receiving into their bodies is poison. Literally. It is designed to kill, as one conventional physician put it. He himself did not want chemo because of this when he was diagnosed with cancer, knowing that even though chemo kills cancer cells, it also kills the good cells of the human body. Please understand, chemotherapy drugs include "poison." I have read on multiple sites examining research on chemo that only about 2% of patients with chemo experience a remission from cancer. And please know, there is no cure for cancer. Chemo is not a cure. It is a treatment. One that can kill. And please also know, the interests of medical science is not always in the best interest of the patient. It is more important than ever, to make sure you are as informed as possible about the diagnosis you have received and proposed treatments before accepting these proposals. Not only this, in many cases, getting a second medical opinion is a big plus and can save your life and sometimes organs, which might be removed needlessly by surgery, and vital cells of the body, which can be killed by chemo. I just want to mention I have had family and friends who had their cancers go into remission from chemo. And I am not at all suggesting no one should have it. But for me, it was taking me down fast. I felt it was in my best interest to pursue only prayer and natural healing afterwards. I don't feel at this time that I would ever allow myself to take chemo again. At the moment, I am considering using castor oil for yet another purpose for a recently occurring ailment. I will let you know what happens. And by the way, I forgot to mention...I even had a boil occur on my face and on inside my nose, which threatened my airway on that side of my nostrils. Because of this I had a lot of fear and went to a plastic surgeon. After she told me there was no painless way to remove these I decided out of desperation once again, to use the castor oil. It worked!!! I saved myself painful surgery on my face and scarring as a result. My best to you all. Please keep yourself informed! : ) zacksmamacita
|

replied July 22nd, 2012
Caster oil
I am happy to hear of your great results with c o. I just recently found out the great beneifits of using it. I also wondered if you had done any research on 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide. I have read up on it and ound that it has fantastic uses. Cancer cannot live in an highly oxgenated environment. There are different treatments for it. I have been drinking it, dilluted of course. Just a thought! Good luck with your medical problems:)
|