Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Pressure On Lower Abdomen/uterus Area (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
For at least the past few days, i've noticed a sensation of pressure that can almost be described as light cramping or a feeling of heaviness in the area right above my pubic bone, about where my uterus is. This feeling is actually a bit lower than where I typically feel my menstrual cramps. Also, I just got off my period, and i'm on the patch, and a condom was used every time. I have no other symptoms of pregnancy, and my next period is weeks away. I know that no one here can tell me if i'm pregnant or not, and i'm not asking that question - I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this sensation in relation to pregnancy. I've spoken in the past to other women who've been pregnant before who described a feeling of "bubbles" in that area (the baby's growth at work) so I thought perhaps this "heavy" sensation could also be a sign. If I am pregnant, I haven't been for more than a few days. I have had no stomach/digestive issues going on right now that this could be related to. This is definitely a uterine feeling. I also feel as though the muscles in that area feel weaker than normal. Has anyone else felt this in the earliest stages of pregnancy?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Big_Green_eyes09
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Nope. Sorry I didn't start feeling pressure or weight there until the second trimester...
|

replied January 20th, 2009
babycarrot
I am having the exact same feeling - a heaviness or pressure in my lower abdomen, right above the pubic bone. I went off Birth Control 2 months ago so it is possible that I'm pregnant, but it is still about 10 days until my period. I didnt think you were supposed to be able to feel any pregnancy symptoms this early.

I'm pretty aware of my body, too, and I have never been aware of a feeling in this area other than menstrual cramps. I can't decide if the feeling is my bladder or uterus, though I don't have any of the symptoms of a bladder infection.
|

User Profile
replied November 3rd, 2011
Pulling and pinching describe the feelings some women experience in early pregnancy. It may feel like muscles are stretching or being pulled, or that you are being pinched on the inside. These feelings occur in the abdomen, uterus and ovary area. These types of sensations are not only common but very normal. Some women experience these feelings as early as implantation when the embryo attaches itself to the uterus (6-12 days after ovulation). There are a lot changes happening in your body, even in very early pregnancy so cramping and similar sensations are to be expected or it is symptoms of dysmenorrhea which is pms what has alot of like pregnancy symptoms I am 6 days past ovulation havent took a test I am due for my period this weekend which is in three days I will let you know if i am pregnant or not I am currently really tired experiencing pain or pressure when standing up or even sitting in a certain position and like others if lying down that also associates with a pinching feeling if i keep drinking water it some what helps I am also experiencing still clear sticky discharge even know i have already ovulated so i dont know i didnt think ovulation can last two weeks ?? last week when i started to ovulate i also just got my iud out so who knows
|

User Profile
replied November 16th, 2011
Today I took another test and it was postive
|

replied October 4th, 2012
How many times did u take the test?
|

replied July 21st, 2012
6 dpo
I think I had unprotected sex around ovulation.Did your cramps in your lower abdmen begin after your last day of your ovulation. Im 6 dpo and my cramps haven't stopped. A few days my cramps would be on one side. I thought they finally stopped today.A few hours later they are back.i could even feel pain above my hip 4 dpo ive noticed back aches and constipated ,now im gassy;( boobs are tender to hurt to bearable. Ive Noticed clear watery stuff came of my nipple when i put pressure on it.Im nauseouse 24/7 and only threw up once a few days ago.im not hungary
|

replied November 20th, 2011
what did you discover?
I'm having the same symptoms and am anxious to hear what this turned out to be.
|

replied January 21st, 2009
Me TOO!
Lately I have been experiencing the same "pressure" around my uterus and where my ovaries are. I just got off my period almost 2 weeks ago. This period was rather shorter than usual, it only lasted 3 days but mine generally last about 5 in total bleeding. I am trying not to get all worked up about being pregnant until my next period, if it is late or missed. I have also been getting unusual abdomen cramping...
|

replied March 25th, 2011
I saw that you posted this 2 years ago. I am going through the same thing and mine was 2 weeks ago also, but my boobs have also grown a full cup size the last month. I was wondering if you ended up being pregnant or not.
|

replied March 29th, 2011
maybe this will help
I am having this same thing to. I have 2 kids already and i did have this pain with both my kids before i found out i was prego. And ur boobs will get bigger if you are preggo.Mine hurt.
|

replied March 29th, 2011
maybe this will help
I am having this same thing to. I have 2 kids already and i did have this pain with both my kids before i found out i was prego. And ur boobs will get bigger if you are preggo.Mine hurt.
|

replied May 8th, 2011
im havingh pain in my uterus and it feels like a hard rock i wan
hi my name is kristina brantley im having the same pain in my uterus it feels like a hard rock and i was wondering if it hurts to be pregnant
|

replied February 23rd, 2009
same here!
anyone find out if they were pregnant yet? Because im feeling the same thing!
|

replied February 25th, 2009
MEEE TOOOO!
I feel like there is a rock in my uterus and I have slight come and go cramping! I'm like 6 or 7 days post ovulation so I don't know what it could be??? I also have creamy very light pink discharge, but my period isn't due until @ Mar 5th! Could I be pregnant? Would I feel pressure this early??? I have no signs of an infection as far as pain and/or fever. Help! Did any of you see a doctor and get a diagnosis??? Thanks!
|

replied February 27th, 2009
Yo Tambien!
same problem with me!!! i've been on the nuvaring since december and my breasts are insanely tender and have been for the past 2 or 3 weeks. and there s the pressure inside me that somewhat feels like cramps but feels like something else. i took a pregnancy test earlier this weeks and it came out negative but it said i need to take another one since i'm irregular. at the moment i'm spotting. anyone know whats going on?
|

replied March 1st, 2009
Pressure in the lower abdomen
Hey..Did anyone find out what was going on with them? Because I feel exactly the same way too. There is pressure in the lower abdomen feeling (like a "heavy" feeling..a "hard" feeling..) along with light cramping. If this is a pregnancy symptom, how soon pregnancy symptoms can start showing up? Could this be an infection? If so, what are the other symptoms of infection?

NOTE - I have been having this feeling for about 1.5-2 weeks by now. Just today, I have started feeling pelvic pressure. Also yesterday and today, I experience light chest pain & heart burn. 3 days back, I had very dark brown mucus discharge.
|

replied March 3rd, 2009
same here
I've got that too!!!!! I'm so excited (and scared! Very Happy) We weren't really trying but I think we might have made a lovey boo boo cuz we both secretly want! HA!
I've got the mega sensitive boobehs and the pressure thing near the hip. Over the weekend it was all AF cramp stylie, but now its just an internal pinchy feeling.
We thought we made a boo boo before and I was like OMG @ every little thing, but this is way different and more real!
EEEEE!!!
OK.. so for sanity's sake.. I read a billion message boards about it (you know the TWW is so much fun) and they all said just chill unless it's wicked painful. If its a cyst, then it might just go away. Also, I read something about the corpus luteum sometimes getting rather large and then eventually working itself out. I am pretty convinced that's whats going on in me. We shall see!!
Sorry- Yet another inconclusive entry. Oh I also have insane energy even without coffee (coffee is bad now grls!) and i have never felt better in my life. I have magically warped into a healthy lifestyle. HAAAA!!! Freakshow me! Love it.
|

replied March 8th, 2009
Clomid withdrawl
Hi! I too have heavy full feeling in my lower abdomen and uterus. Can't seem to be comfortable bending over. I took Clomid days 3-7, (had severe side effects!!) was active with hubby during days 10- 16. Now have severe breast tenderness, mild cramping, moodiness and am on Day 23. Could this be Clomid withdrawl?

Thanks!
|

replied March 14th, 2009
BFP!!!!!!
Just letting y'all know that my period never came and I got a BIG FAT POSITIVE on three home pregnancy tests!!!!!! Yay!! It was implantation bleeding that I was experiencing! My boobs were also sore 2 weeks before my period was due. They are now soooo sore that I can't even sleep on my stomach. I'm very excited because my husband and I got pregnant on the first try and I have endometriosis and a uterine polyp! THERE IS HOPE FOR YOU! KEEP TRYING!
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2012
That is great katieleroux6. I hope to have a positive test soon.
|

replied March 30th, 2009
Lower Abdomen Pressure
Hi All!

Baby dust to you all!

My period ended on March 17, and it's now March 30, 2009. If I ovulated it would have been March in over the last week and a half. I noticed since last Thursday that my tummy has been feeling crampy, and heavy. I am not sure if it is because I'm pregnant or not! I have a 6 year old already, and I didn't know I was preggo with him so I don't really know what I'm supposed to be feeling! I have PCOS, and I was on Clomid. I have also taken this drug before, and I haven't had this feeling before. So I'm not sure what to say! I just hope that it comes out positive in the next couple weeks, when I go and do the testing!

Good luck to all!
|

replied April 5th, 2009
early preg discharge
I believe I'm 5-7 dpo and over the few days ive had a heaviness in my abdomen and just 2 days ago I had globs of cloudy thick oderless discharge, never in my life have I noticed his much and sooo thick its large amount its like thick jelly. Is that preg mucus?
|

replied April 28th, 2009
Heavy pressure and Cramps lower abdomen
Hi,

I have the same symptoms as all of you are describing. I am just 4 dpo and these symptoms actually started 2 dpo. I find these symptons pretty strange. I did not know I was pregnant with my son until well after my missed period. Its definitely too early to test for me - but Im really uncomfortable - can't bend and am walking funny already. Is Katie the only one that got any results (congrats!!!)? Can some of you that posted earlier please update us!!
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2009
Abdominal pressure
I am supposed to start my period on May 4th. I took a 5 days early test on the 4th day early and got a POSITIVE!! I'm having alot of pressure in my lower abdomen and some crampning. Is this a normal symptom of early pregnancy?
|

replied May 6th, 2009
Zoha...
I've heard of many women feeling cramping...even throughout their 1st and 2nd trimester. I think it's normal. But when in doubt, ask your doctor. That's what their paid for.
...My dh and I are ttc. I believe I just ovulated, around 04/28 thru or to 05/3. (I had the ewcm, which I have never had. clear, stretchy, odorless) And I wanted to ask you... I have been having "ovary" aches, since wed, the 28th. And they have continued until today, but have lessened within the last couple days. I started my pd. on April 16th and don't expect it til about May 16th or so. I feel the aches next to my hips and over my pubic bone. Did you by any chance feel this way? Im just curious. Hoping it's our blessed cycle!
|

replied May 11th, 2009
Oh geez....
I went off the pill to give my body a break. My husband and I practiced the withdrawl method. I bled for 3 days when I first went off the pill and nothing since. My lmp was on April 22nd. I ovulated last week, during our marathon sex and yesterday and today, I am full of cramping in the ovary area, mostly left side, and my uterus feels full and bulky. I would think I was going to get my period, but it hasn't happened yet. It hurts to tighten my belly even. TOmorrow I have to go for my yearly and I'm worried about a pap if I am...OMG!
I also have peed like I would if I had my period (relieving the excess bloating) and have gas ( had that with both past prenancies) OH MY!
I'll let you know.
|

replied July 20th, 2012
If you go for a yearly PAP don't worry they will be able to tell you if you are pregnant that way. A woman's cervix changes in color because it begins to engorge with blood and when they press down right above your pubic bone area they can detect changes in your uterus it will feel softer to the doctor and they will def. be able to inform you on whether you are pregnant or not.
|

replied May 11th, 2009
yeah...
Hey...that is exactly how I feel! I, personally, have to pee...all the time! Lol! (tmi) And when I was at the dr.'s last, I even had them test me for a UTI, and it was negative. But within the last week, or so, when I have to pee, I feel pressure, I feel like I have to run to the bathroom immediately. I feel discomfort, until I pee. And everything's fine after that. Hmm...wonder what's going on. I remember a couple days ago, sucking my stomache in...(don't ask. lol, i don't know why) and the only way i can explain it is, after doing situps. But not severe pain. I don't know...
But GL to you! With whatever way you want it to turn out to be!!
|

replied May 13th, 2009
HPT
Well, I took a hpt yesterday and of course it was negative (anxiously did it at the gym). Took one this morning with 25mIU and a faint positive showed up. I will take another tomorrow. Last night I was having lower uterine cramps again, very tired all day and a little nauseous. This morning as I am eating and typing this, I am getting nauseous. I hope I don't puke. SH*T. I may just puke.
|

replied May 13th, 2009
yay!
Congrats! I really bet that is a positive!! That's so awesome. Let me know what's up! I felt like I was going to puke twice today, during a meeting at work. It was horrible. I came down with something yesterday. It started with sneezing, now I have to blow my nose here and there. And body aches... I hear that some woman get that sometimes, flu like symptoms b4 they get that BFP. Hoping this is it! (or maybe I'm just sick.lol)
|