Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Gray Teeth

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
I have this one gray teeth right here and its hurting when I get cold drinks or chew hard food... What that could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper igotissues
|

replied February 2nd, 2006
....where Is "right Here"?
It's probably a dead tooth or almost completely rotted. Gray really isn't normal for a tooth. Also, right here doesn't explain where it is....
|

Are you rough when you brush your teeth? I remember hearing somewhere that if you have grey on your teeth, it could mean you've damaged the enamel. Would be a good idea to get it checked :-)
|

Thanks for the input you guys gave me.
Sorry for not being more accurate in the details...
Its not gray, from outside... It looks like its from the inside... So that takes out coffee or cigar stains.
I googled for the name and its my second premolar tooth that got gray.
Now its not hurting when I drink cold drinks because I changed my teeth paste, but if I push the tooth I little hard and let it go, it hurts a bit. Its not moving, though... As firm as the others. And still the same grayish color
three other things:
first, I smoke... Could it be related?
Second, when I floss it sometimes it 'cuts' the dental floss... Maybe a crack on the sides of it? Decay?
Third, grinding? Sometimes I get myself at night grinding my teeth... Not that freequent tough.
Really dont know what to do.. Im really tight on $ so im trying to find if its really necessary to go to the dentist or not.
|
Quick Reply