Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

When to Take a Pregnancy Test After First Month On Clomid?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I am on day 22 of my cycle, I started clomid on july 22nd, when do I take a pregnancy test?

If I don't get pregnate does it mean it is not working?

I am taking clomid because I don't ovulate.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mirandak119
|

replied August 12th, 2003
Clomid And Tests
Is your doctor monitoring you to see if it is working (helping you ovulate) or taking the right amount of clomid? I started in june 2002 and the first month it did not work (50 mg) then the doc. Up the the dosage and it did not work (ovulate) not until I reached 200mg and it worked (i ovulated but no pg). The next month, on 200mg, I did not ovulate. I know that I wouuld ovulate because the doc had me take a blood test each month and use a ovulation test. They both were negative. I am now seeing a infertility doc (re) and they have me on metformin and clomid. I am now ovulating on only 100mg of clomid and producing 2 or more follicles (eggs) which ups my chances, right!!! :d
you should take your test on you 28th day or later. Atleast two weeks (or maybe more) after ovulation. I hope your doc is monitoring you, there is no point in taking the meds if you don't know if that dosage is working, right. It kinda is like a waste of money!!! And brings your hopes up, when there is no ovulation going on.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes... The people here are very nice and friendly, start writing. This has helped me
good luck and let me know if there is anything I can help with
|

replied August 14th, 2003
Hi I just wanted you to know that just because you dont get pregnant doesnt mean that its not working. I got pregnant my first month on clomid and am currently 16w along. (very lucky). I also do not ovulate and usually but not always 50mg does the trick. I wish you the best of luck!
|

replied August 18th, 2003
Hang In There!
Don't take a pregnancy test until you are at least a day or two late. I learned this the hard way - you waste a lot of money taking tests before you have any reason to believe you are pregnant. When I found out I was pregnant (i was also using clomid) I waited until I was four days late to take one.

Hang in there! After trying to conceive for a year and a half, I only had to take clomid for three months before it worked for me, and I am now 30 weeks pregnant!

One thing you might want to ask your doctor about is hcg shots... My doctor gave them to me to bring on ovulation and assist the clomid.

Don't be discouraged, it might take a couple months!
Miranda
|
Quick Reply