Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

smelly bloody discharge from belly button

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
what is a smelly discharge from my belly button & now it is bloody
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2006
General Q&A Answer A76
An infection on your belly button (omphalitis) can cause smelly discharge and blood from the navel. A visit to your doctor an examination will confirm the condition and can start you on a course of treatment. You will probably be given local antibiotics and a local disinfectant.
|

replied December 24th, 2011
Blood caked in bellybutton
I am normally healthy as a nut and just felt something caked in my belly button and had no idea what it was, but then I pulled it out and it was caked blood and it smelled horribly bad, it was just a terrible stench and I got really very scared, so Now I too hope that some good online doctor or other have some more info on this topic.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.