Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety Or Heart Problem?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
O.K. I am 14 and I have been to the er like 5 times had 5 ekgs, 2 chest x-rays, and echocardiogram where they use the dopplar thing, and a ct scan. I get this constant unrelenting pressure in my chest and I have been diagnosed with anxiety I guess but I don't believe it. Although this did happen after my dad died in september I don't think it is because of that. I get pain in my left arm and stomach problems and really bad chest pain. My mom is getting all stressed about it cause I am constantly checking my pulse or have an asprin in my pocket just in case. I seriously think I am going to jsut die. My doctors said it is not my heart but still, I think the problem I have is undetectable or someting. I even had blood tests at the er and as of 1.5 years ago my cholseteral was only 135 total. This pressure just won't go away. Xanax helps a bit but really just makes me fall asleep and lexapro I started a month ago is doing nothing. I also have a disease called lupus. I am afraid cause my dad had a similar disease and died of a heart problem. I am afraid the same will happen to me. Cause lupus effects your kidneys heart and everything really. I looked it up on the internet and everything seems like a serious problem and isn't helping me being anxious at all.

Do you all think it is anxiety or a heart problem? I think it is my lupus or my heart but my doctors all say everything looks good like my liver kidneys etc except for a liuttle protien in the urine. I have a big tummy but am not overweight, I am perfect for my age they said. Also I get cold hands and feet, I don't know if that will help, but I really think somethings wrong especially since these pains are all the time and get worse.

Anyone else have this? I know this was long but thanks for reading it. :) :? :d
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 3rd, 2006
Hi, for your comforting information, you're not alone. I often get cold hands and feet, constantly checking my pulse, blood pressure, and yes, it does drive you nuts. I had an ekg recently and bloodwork about a week ago, and everything was absolutely fine. But that only soothed me for about 2 days, then it all started again. Constantly shaky and nervous, stomach feels hot and sick after I eat from being so nervous I guess, but I was diagnosed with panic attacks, and pretty bad ones it seems. Depression accompanies this, but don't worry bubblygirl, you're not alone, i'm just 17 myself. I just try to keep going and hope for the best, as hard as that may seem, I lost a loved one this past summer, and i've been like this ever since. Wasn't a close loved one, but still someone I held dear to me, so hang in there girl.
|
Did you find this post helpful?