Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Inflamed Gallbladder

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
Hi guys. 4 days ago my mum was rushed to the hospital. She thought she was having a heart attack. At the hospital the doctors examined her and said she may have stones but they were not shore. Today she had her gall bladder removed and no stones were found.
Im really worried now because the stones weren't found and could be something more serious to cause her episode 4 days ago :(
does anyone have an idea what may have caused the episode? The doctors will tell us tommorow but I cant wait till then :(
|

replied January 2nd, 2006
Well, the title of your post is "inflamed gallbladder". So i'm assuming that they took an ultrasound or ct scan in the hospital and it showed that her gallbladder was inflamed and that's why they took it out.
|

replied January 2nd, 2006
Anonymous
anonymous wrote:
well, the title of your post is "inflamed gallbladder". So i'm assuming that they took an ultrasound or ct scan in the hospital and it showed that her gallbladder was inflamed and that's why they took it out.

the nurse said no stones were found but it was inflamed. Does anyone have an idea what caused it to be inlamed?
|

replied January 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
My gallbladder was inflamed as well & I did not have stones. The scientific name for what I had was chronic cholecystitis. Had it out this past april. They really had no idea how it had become inflamed, possibly because I had cholesterol polyps on the inside, but they really don't know. Only that apparently it had been that way for a few years or more, as it had adhesion's all over it. They had a hard time getting it off my liver, which means it had been that way for awhile.

Your mums pathology report, when it comes back, may give better insight into a possible cause.

Take care,
blue
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 13th, 2006
Gall Bladder I Think
My right side below my ribs has been hurting badly for 2 days on and off. It worsens when I eat and radiates towards my navel and back . I am 40 yrs old could this be gallbladder?
|

replied February 22nd, 2010
Chronic Cholecystitis. Sick following Cholecystectomy.
I had my gall bladder out 6 weeks ago today and it was due to chronic acalculous cholecystitis... They removed it thinking that is was a perfectally fine GB because I had all the tests which came back fine except my HIDA was 53% (although my surgeon said that it was normal???) anyway, pathology came back saying that it was acute cholecystitis (without stones). I am so sick. I feel nauseous, my right shoulder blade hurts and it's radiating to my arm and my chest has stabbing pains. In saying this, I don't feel anywhere near as bad as when I had my GB still in me but the sickness is so much worse. My stools go from dirrhea one second to constipation the next and have bright yellow mucous in and around them. Cholecystitis is very uncommon considering I have no family history of GB problems and I am only 22 with CHRONIC CHOLE!! Wowzers! What is going on?
My surgeon said that when they took it out it looked fine so they didn't take xrays etc to see blockages. So is it possible that I have a block in my spincter? I am not jaundice though? If I eat something it relieves it for approx 20 mins and then I feel crook again. My weight is remaining the same yet I am scoffing junk food to relieve the sickness. It's not ulcers as I have had an endo Smile Cheers.
|

replied March 12th, 2010
I have been doing some research and have come up with connections between vitamin d, gallbladder, melatonin and calcium. Some of the connections between calcium and the gallbladder are: Limy bile, porcelain gallbladder, UV exposure and incidence of gallstones and mixed-type gallstones. It is my belief that the gallbladder plays a very important role in the body to do with calcium metabolism/buffering/regulation.
Try a magnesium only supplement and start at low doses. It should take several days if it's going to work for you.
|