Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

Sex After Abortion Pill?

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
Hi,

i took misoprostol three days ago and the worst of the bleeding is over (in fact, it's nearly all gone). I was wondering if it is safe to have sex again, and if not, why not? Obviously, with the surgical procedure sex should be held off but can anybody tell me the risks of having sex three days after taking misprostol if proper protection is used and the bleeding has minimized?

Has anyone else does this so soon?

Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 2nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Your cervix is dilated during surgical, so you should wait at least one week to begin sexual relations. When your cervix is dilated you can get germs and bacteria up inside of your uterus. Misoprostol does cause dilation and softening of the cervix. Can you feel for your cervix to ensure that it is closed? I also would say to call your provider, and it is easier to become pregnant after an abortion.
|

User Profile
replied January 2nd, 2006
Advanced Support Team
I agree with the other posters.. I would def. Contact your doc. To get there medical opinion
|