Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

Colposcopy

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I just had a colposcopy done, and now my vagina has this bad odor. Its been a week since the test. Is this normal and how do I get rid of the smell?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Halo611
|

replied December 21st, 2003
Experienced User
Did you have a leep procedure, or did they just look?
|

replied December 23rd, 2003
No, they just looked but I am going to have the leep procedure done in a few weeks.
|

Experienced User
Then it probably has a foul odor because of whatever you have that is requiring the leep procedure. Just keep it clean, and wait until after your procedure to worry. And be careful, you cannot have sex of use tampons for three months after your procedure. And you have to get pap tests more often than usual. So good luck and be careful.
|

I had a colposcopy done in 1996 but never experienced an odor. Did the doctor tell you everything that was going to be done throughout the procedure? I know when I had it done they told me they were going to use a vinegar solution inside to detect abnormal cells. When the solution was applied inside, the abnormal cells turned white so they cut a piece of tissue from each area (there were 3 areas). Then they scraped my cervix which cause instant cramps. About a week after I had the procedure done when I went to the bathroom (don't want to gross anyone out) there was a glob of brown stuff on the toilet paper. I contacted the doctor and he said it was normal, its kind of like a scab from the scraping.

I had leep surgery done and was in and out of the hospital the same day. I had no problems such as cramping or bleeding. Everything went well and have been fine since.

Good luck Smile
|

replied February 8th, 2004
Leep
I had a leep about 3 years ago, and before that I had the colpo... The odor thing is normal, they use a vinegar solution to see the bad cells and that reacts to your bodys natural chemistry for a little while afterwords. The coffee grind stuff comming out is from this stuff that they use to stop bleeding... I cant remember the name of the stuff.. But I remember the trauma of having coffee grinds on tp... Yikes. .
|

replied February 8th, 2004
Leep
I had a leep about 3 years ago, and before that I had the colpo... The odor thing is normal, they use a vinegar solution to see the bad cells and that reacts to your bodys natural chemistry for a little while afterwords. The coffee grind stuff comming out is from this stuff that they use to stop bleeding... I cant remember the name of the stuff.. But I remember the trauma of having coffee grinds on tp... Yikes. .
|
Quick Reply