Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Happy New Year, Sad Update.

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hey everyone. I know I haven't been on for awhile. I had a bit of a bad spell for awhile. A few weeks ago, I started having contractions and getting really dizzy. I ended up going to the hospital after I passed out at mike and jenny's house. They got the contractions under control and kept me overnight to keep an eye on me. The doctors told me that I was under too much stress so I need to spend more time relaxing. Basically, they told me to stay in bed until february. They said I could develop more complications with my pregnancy because I didn't have the right nutrition and care for so long in the beginning. I didn't take the news well. I can't go to school now, so i've got a home bound tutor who comes in and teaches me every day. If it wasn't for her, i'd have to repeat my junior year. I wouldn't be able to handle that. I'd have no chance of getting into a good college. So... This pretty much is a no win situation. The baby is currently doing okay. She's still smaller than the doctors would like her to be, but I haven't been able to keep much food down lately. The dizzyness and fainting might be caused by low blood sugar because I haven't been eating well. I go in once a week now to get my blood sugar tested and to get checkups for the baby. I don't know. It all pretty much sucks. I'm going to go crazy if I really have to stay in the house for the next 6-8 weeks. Anyway... If anyone here has had to deal with this stuff in the past, drop me a note and give me something to do. I hope this baby is worth the trouble she's already given me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
So if you dont eat much, your baby doesnt grow properly? I didn't think that affected the baby. I've heard of anorexic women giving birth to big healthy babies, maybe some are just very lucky?
Goodluck with your pregnancy, hope things get better and your baby is okay, I sent you a private message.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Younger women tend to have the same pregnancy symptoms as you are having, I promise many of them deliver healthy babies. If you can try drinking ensure, or boost! It has extra protein calories ect..And will give you body a boost!
|

Experienced User
I hope everything goes well.... Good luck with your pregancy !!! And I hope youe start 2 feel better
|

Experienced User
Thanks everyone. And allie, just so you know, she's growing properly, the doctors just think she's a little too small. Didn't want you to worry or anything! She's healthy. Just small.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
The baby is worth it all ....And you can take sitting in your house that long....Take all that time and rest rest rest....Because when that baby gets here you are gonna wish that you had all that time back to use for sleep....Because you wont ever get any....So cherish this time you have...Just get a friend to come and spend time with you ...Read mag, watch tv...But don't stress and eat ...Hope everything goes good though...Best of luck
|

Extremely eHealthy
That's good to hear.
You've made it this far, you can make it another couple of months. It will be worth all the hard times when you see your baby, thats what I keep reminding myself. Not long to go now!
|

replied January 5th, 2006
Experienced User
Ah, bedrest. I'm afraid I might have to do that as well. I'm already appearing to be nine months (or so my doctor says) an I still have four months to go. I was told I was having twins, but nwo i'm worried there's more than two!
|