Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Third Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Cramps Or Contractions??

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I have been have some menstrual like cramps......36 wks. They last a lil while but then they go away. They are not in any kind of pattern but they wake me up during the night b/c cramping bad. No bleeding, could it be irregular contractions?? Someone please give me some insight.... My 1st pregnancy not sure of what to expect!! Thanks a bunch
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper staciamarie16
|

User Profile
replied January 2nd, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi I am on my first pregnancy too, I am 30 weeks. I get cramp like feelings too. I think it's just your uterus stretching. I've gotten mine all through my pregnancy, and sometimes they are worse then others. But if they have no real pattern and they go away, I think you are all right. If you are really concerned you can always call your doctor and he/she can check you for dialation. Good luck!
|

replied January 13th, 2006
Hi, im only 29 weeks but it sounds like you are having braxon and hicks contractions, they are a warm up contraction preparing you for the real ones. You should tell your doctor next time you have an apointment. Hope that helps you
|

replied January 13th, 2006
Your Body Is Getting Ready
I am on my third pregnany. I have a 5 year old, 10 month old twins and I am due this summer with my fourth. Your body is preparing itself for the real thing. You will know when it is real when you are huffing and puffing every 10 min or less. However any time you get to worked up or are unsure call your Dr. They won't mind. It's better to be safe.
|

replied September 12th, 2009
i am also on my first pregnancy i am now 33 weeks i was having craming also with no pattern i went into the hospital today and found out they were contractions...so they said just to relax and not walk around...u could also be having the same thing if not then they are jus braxton hix so dont worry hope this helped u out!
|

replied June 13th, 2010
i am also 36 weeks pregnant and have been getting cramp like pains for a few days now and getting alot of pressure on my pelvic area it can be quite painfull, but i believe its just my body getting ready too give birth Smile
|

replied June 13th, 2010
if the pain is on going like a constant dull achey feeling in the abdomen area is this also normal?? Smile
|