Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

I Never Believe Its Anxiaty

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
How come (im sure im not alone) never believe its the anxiaty.Like for the past 2 weeks every other hour or 3 ill get a thump I my throat or my chest when I get up sit down its happened everyday since the last 2 weeks.Everyone around me says its anxiaty or that im too consicous for my own good.I have seen a carido last march ,did blood test in the summer and I have seen maybe 6 dr since last summer and had a ekg done,shoulnt that be enough to convince me??? Nope. Im tired of having these negative thought because of anxiety.Heres another one I feel like im oign crazy this constant fear of being commited I dont hear voices I dont invent things but the fatc that I could happen scares me, I understand that these are all symptoms of panic and anxiety but someimtes its overwelming anyways thats my story.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 2nd, 2006
Ummm I am in the same boat mitch....It started with chest pains, those went away (after an ekg and chest x-ray came back normal).....And my panic went away. Then I got a headache for two weeks, had an mri that came back somewhat abnormal (chiar 1 malformation is the prognosis). Now I am scared shitless that all of these symptoms that I am having are because of this malformation. Even though it's usually benign...I have to go see a neurologist on wednesday who is going to do some more examining.....But I feel like such a hypochondriac....I think my family thinks that I am going crazy. I know that my boyfriend certainly does (can't say that I blame him either, because I often think that I am). But just wanted to let you know that your not alone. Right now I feel like everything is scaring me.....Every little sensation in my body makes my breath stop and the fear rise....I am pretty much at my wits end with this anxiety/panic disorder crap.
|

Experienced User
Anxiety Side Effects
I too myself have similar problems. It is hard to believe that anxiety can cause you to have so many side effects. Some of them are just frightening. I had the whole chest pains, shortness of breath, tingling, dizzyness, headaches, nausea, etc... I am so restless and scared to be alone or go anywhere alone in case something happens to me.
I am on three different medications, one for my heart because I was experiencing tachycardia, and celexa, and ativan for my anxiety/panic attacks. The drugs cause so many side effects too that I find myself going crazy wondering if I am sick. Lately I have been afraid that I am going to have to live the rest of my life in fear and feeling like crap.

I really hate that I have to be this way. I cannot enjoy life. Hopefully I will get help soon when I see my psychiatrist.
I will keep you in my prayers, we all certainly need all the help we can get.
|

I Don't Believe It's Anxiety Or Panic Either...
I just copied from a post I put on in another section of this site.....

I have been having the same symptoms, but thought it was lightheadness first and was going to pass out. Then had numbness in elbows to hands. Then I feel like its a heart attack because I get so nervous. Have been to er and nothing. They thought it was ear infection. I have anxiety now, just because of these feelings. Please help. Kim

i am on an event monitor now. The monitor will record when I push it, and I am suppose to push it when I have an "episode." my feelings were really light headed at first and just really hard to describe, thought I was then having a heart attack because I think I had a panic or anxiety attack. Then the last one before chrsitmas was pain on the side of my head and numbness in elbows to hands. Then another panic attack - I think, thought I was having a heart attack or stroke after that. The doctor thought they were stressed related anxiety or panic, which could cause migranes which migranes could cause stroke like symptoms. Now, I fell like my chest is heavy. I feel like I have anxiety because I am so worried about these coming, now I worry when i'm out or that I can't go out an enjoy myself. I will be having an mri and mra on wed., and i'm terrified, but I will feel better knowing they can figure something out I hope. If anyone else feels any of these please reply. It's helpful to read these, thanks. Kim
|

I Don't Believe It's Anxiety Or Panic Either...
I just copied from a post I put on in another section of this site.....

I have been having the same symptoms, but thought it was lightheadness first and was going to pass out. Then had numbness in elbows to hands. Then I feel like its a heart attack because I get so nervous. Have been to er and nothing. They thought it was ear infection. I have anxiety now, just because of these feelings. Please help. Kim

i am on an event monitor now. The monitor will record when I push it, and I am suppose to push it when I have an "episode." my feelings were really light headed at first and just really hard to describe, thought I was then having a heart attack because I think I had a panic or anxiety attack. Then the last one before chrsitmas was pain on the side of my head and numbness in elbows to hands. Then another panic attack - I think, thought I was having a heart attack or stroke after that. The doctor thought they were stressed related anxiety or panic, which could cause migranes which migranes could cause stroke like symptoms. Now, I fell like my chest is heavy. I feel like I have anxiety because I am so worried about these coming, now I worry when i'm out or that I can't go out an enjoy myself. I will be having an mri and mra on wed., and i'm terrified, but I will feel better knowing they can figure something out I hope. If anyone else feels any of these please reply. It's helpful to read these, thanks. Kim
|

replied January 5th, 2006
Experienced User
Deep down I know its the anxiety causing my symptoms, but still every time I have them, I panic I am dying or going to faint!!
|

replied January 22nd, 2010
ive been told i have suporventricular tachycordia and anxiety
i just want to say that i am so so happy that their are people who are going through the same thing im going through, it sucks but its a mind releaver to have other people u can relate to. im only 24 yrs old and i have the lightheadedness and dizzy feeling like i cant breath,panic attacks,when my heart races i feel like im going to die just drop im scared to take a shower alone someone has to sit in the bathroom why i takeone because im afraid i might fall or pass out or even die and nobody will know,i cant drive i freak out ,i havent in almost a year,i hate being alone my dad comes to stay with me when my husband goes to work,ive been told i have suporvintricular tachycordia so every sence then ive just lost my mind i truely feel like its much more then what they say i feel like they tell this to everybody what do u do? i feel like they wont know anything until its to late then the doc will say oh,thats what it was . i feel like my lifes over i cant do anything or go anywhere i hate to go to stores i cant go out to eat, is their anyone who knows how i feel?
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2010
I used to have the exact same symptoms, I was completely convinced in my head that something was medically wrong with my heart. I first thought I was having heart palpations and than heart attacks. It felt far too real to be a panic attack. I started calling the ambulance on myself everyday. Everytime I got to the hospital though, they told me I was fine. The doctors all thought I was kidding everytime I came in. Eventually I went to a special hospital and they diagnosed me with "panic disorder". They put me on some certain medications, and that didn't seem to help. Then they taught me coping skills, and that didn't help either. I thought the feeling of about to die would never go away. I talked to all kinds of people. And within time the feeling stopped, well not permanently. I've finally stopped avoiding places that I thought would give me a "heart attack". It's all really in your head though, you have to try and distract yourself and convince yourself you can fight it. Look up "flight fright freeze". You can get through it though!
|

replied April 4th, 2010
fears anxiety disorders
I had related symptons, but I knew where they comming from, deep inside you maybe you know what really scares you. Imaginary or real at least you know what it is, then think be more objective when you make a dessision what to do with that specific fear.
I did and I didnt take the best dessision I should! but i dont have no more fears....
|

replied April 5th, 2010
Continue to be an advocate for your own health. When doctors cannot pinpoint a reason they often give you an anxiety diagnosis. My husband finally got a correct diagnosis of a pheochromocytoma which had been diagnosed as anxiety, depression, and insomnia for years.
|