Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Testicular Cysts (Page 1)

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
I have had an epididymus cyst in right testicle for 10 years (periodically checked with physical exams and untrasounds and diagnosed non-cancerous)it grew over the years, then we decided removal was a good idea early in 2005
the cyst was somewhat uncomfortable and at same time a hernia was to be repaired so an operation was scheduled in feb 2005 at which time the hernia was repaired and the cyst in right testicle was removed and doctor also checked left testicle (incision) to make sure there were none (none was found). Pathology after operation showed normal.
About 6 months later I felt another lump growing in the right testicle (none in left) and in october went to same urologist who stated either he did not get all of the cyst or it grew back, I suggested an ultrasound which was diagnosed as normal, the doctor made appointment to review situation in 6 months march 2006.

Questions:
i want to know if this is a normal occurrence to have these types of cysts grow back?
Can this situation lead to cancer?
Although I am not looking forward to another operation, can I get rid of the cyst permanently?
Any suggestions on action I should take now?!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ecnerwal
|

replied March 25th, 2006
Experienced User
I too have a small right cyst in in my epid. Its been there for awhile I guess, but notticed it about a year ago, and am paranoid about it. Often I will check it alot to see if any changes has happened (none yet!) but then it will be painful from being inspected. Also, I have notticed a small bump on my testicle near that, but I can feel the same bump in the same place in/on my other testicle.

This is unrelated, but I do have a cyst on my left wrist aswell, it was removed on and came back a year later, since then I have left it.
|

replied March 26th, 2006
Experienced User
Cysts are one of those things that are considered non cancerous for the most part but the doctor will probably want to keep an eye on it for any changes. If it grows, or gets painful or becomes discolored, he will probably want to test it or remove it.

I don't know of anything that permantely gets rid of cysts, they seem to form because of hormones the body is releasing and we don't want to stop the hormones.
|

replied March 28th, 2006
I have a cyst in my right testicle.

I was so paranoid about it. I still didn't believe the doctor that it wasn't cancer, I had convinced myself! I am very lucky, and am so happy it wasn't cancer though. It gave me a slight insight to those who have had testicular cancer, and I feel very sorry for them.

As for your cyst growing back, I think thats natural to be honest. I think cysts do grow back. Get double checked though.
|

replied January 28th, 2008
Cyst on my testicles
I've had a cyst on my right testicle for for the past ten years too. My question. Do they always comeback when removed, and do you have a problem getting erected after surgery? and how exactly is the procedure done do they have to push anything up your urinary tract?
|

replied August 19th, 2009
"My question. Do they always comeback when removed, and do you have a problem getting erected after surgery?"

No. They don't always. From what I understand, there is a chance they can, but it's not definite at all that they do.

I had one removed from my right testicle 20 years ago, when I was 16 years old. It has not come back.

I check it often still, because I worry about it and have even recently had a new ultrasound to be sure. In my experience, checking it frequently can cause irritation and make it uncomfortable, which furthers worry.

If the ultrasound shows nothing, I would trust it, because the doctors do deal with this every day. The first thing they check for is anything that could possibly cancerous when you go to them about discomfort in the testicle.
|

replied September 4th, 2009
testiculat cyst
my partner has a cyst on his testicle, he only found out yesterday beacuse he went to the doctors originally to find a solution to his impotence, during the examination the doctor found a cyst which he said was harmless, he said some people do have it removed but that can cause problems aswell. i'm just so shocked that he knew he had this cyst for years, but was too embaressed/scared to go to the doctor to get it checked out, he worried it was cancerous and therefore "pushed it to the back of his mind" .......speechless with horror at this!please gt yourselves checked out!
|

replied November 27th, 2009
Hi,

I'm a 23-year-old male who is inquiring about a cyst that I have had in my scrotum for some time now. I would say over 4 years, it's hard to remember it's been so long. Anyway, it started off about the size of a very large pea, and is now the size of an orange slice. I would say it is easily as big as one of my testicles. It is very uncomfortable, but that is the least of my concern. I had 2 separate ultrasounds back when I still had health insurance(which is the reason I just don't get them removed), which was about 2 years ago, and they found nothing cancerous. However, to the touch, the cyst feels much harder than it used to be. It used to feel sort of soft even, but now is almost rock hard. I would equate it to squeezing a water hose as far as the amount of give that is there when I squeeze it. Could it have turned into cancer since my last 2 ultrasounds? What is the significance of it turning hard? I don't mind the pain but I just don't want to die. Thanks in advance.
|

replied December 30th, 2009
Hello, I have had cysts on both of my testicles for about 5 years now, had the ultrasounds and was told all is normal. So during the 5 years the left one grew and grew until it was almost twice the size of the testicle. I never had pain or discomfort but deceided it was time to have it removed, So on 12/16 I had both sides done. The proceedure was simple enough. Go to hospital, get IV , fall asleep, wake up and woddle to the car. No pain but nausea from the anesthea. The next day the scrotum was huge and also the testicles so I had the wife remove the scroyum support (you will love this thing, imagine a jockstrap with a hole in it for the penis and that holds your scrotum up until the incision is healed) the weird part is the drainage tube. For about 2-3 days you will have some sort of drain in you to remove fluids. I went to the doctors office on 12/18 and they just pulled it out and said the hole would heal. I found the scrotum support to be painful as it pulls on the penis due to the sixe of the swelling but if you don't keep using it you will place strain on the stitches and the wound like I did. So here it is 3 weeks later, I no longer wear the support, the hole for the drainage is closed but mildly sore, The stitches have desolved and the incision is 90% gone with only very light bleeding or weepage. The testicles are still large the scrottum is slowly reducing in size and I expect in about 2 more weeks I can start working out. My advise to you so far is if you get this done prepar to be off your feet 90% of the time the first week and then you play it by ear. The hardest part for me was driving as the incision is about 3" long and is on the bottom so you kind of sit on it when in the car on a chair and when yo try to sleep you half to lift everything and lay it on top of your legs or it all falls down between them and pullls like hell. As far as sex the wife and I had sex 9 days after the operation but I can tell you pick the right position and don't try and get crazy
|
Users who thank meanuc for this post: Time_365 

replied January 24th, 2010
They are cysts. They do pop if given enough pressure and time, but doing so can also force the substance further into your scrotum, making it harder to come out. I have seen a doctor, who told me that many men get them (around 25% of men) and that they can be removed by a dermatoligst (sic) with an office visit and a local anesthetic. the doctor also said that they are mostly harmless, and will go away by themselves given enough time.

My experience has shown that with time they do not disappear, and with enough force, they WILL pop, which is a GREAT feeling to know you've gotten a cyst out of your privates. I have also gotten them to pop with the aid of a CLEAN, STERILE sewing needle inserted into the cyst to break it up a bit, and also to give it an easier route to escape. Heat and moisture help loosen the skin, open the pores, and make it much easier (try a shower or a long day at work) Some however, have eluded me for years, and I have been unable to get rid of them on my own.

They can itch, i think simply because they put pressure on the scrotum, but are NOT STDS, NOT transmittable, and NOT really a big deal. If they bother you, get them removed by a doctor, if you attempt to work on them yourself, make sure you use a clean tool, if and when you break the skin and/or draw blood, be sure you use an antibacterial cream ( i.e. neosporin) to prevent infection. A bad infection can result in you losing your NUTS if not properly managed

Moral of the story, don't freak, I had the same thoughts when i discovered them at age 16. Take care of them safely, properly, and don't make the situation worse by hastyness and ignorance about proper surgical procedures.
|

replied March 5th, 2010
Testicular Cyst
I just got back from the hospital today, I have a cyst on my left testical. I noticed it 2 weeks ago and got an appointment with my GP straight away and she reffered me to the hospital. The worry i went through was unbleivable, but i was so happy it wasn't cancer, I'm getting the surgery next week to get it removed. All this hassle and im only 17 Smile
|

replied March 15th, 2010
Testicular cyst
About a week ago, I noticed a small lump on my right testical. Thinking that it was cancer, I told my mom and she took me to the hospital. They had me do an ultra sound. I was really scared since I'm only 14. We waited for about an hour and the doctor told me I have a small cyst. It's not cancerous and it's harmless but I'm still scared. Can I still have kids when I'm older? How long after surgery can you do exercise like sports? The doctor gave me and my parents the option to have it removed or just let it be, what do you recommend I do? I'm only 14 and this is all really scary for me. Please reply.
|

replied March 19th, 2010
cyst in testicles
i also have 1, dont no wot side but pain is in both.
ultra sound says its about 15mm in size, is that big? Doctor said to leave it for now until infection has gone, SHOULD I B WORIED any more than i already am
|

replied March 26th, 2010
Coping with a Spermatocele Cyst
I've had a Spermatocele Cyst on my right testicle for years now. It has never really bothered my until recently as it's gotten bigger and I've gained some weight. They are harmless for the most part, only rarely causing serious side-effects. If they are causing chronic pain, then have them removed; however, there is no guaranty that they will not return.

I've found that gently massaging the cyst before, and during masturbation with increasing pressure on top of and around the back of the testicle just before and during ejaculation helps to express fluid that builds up due to the cyst. You will feel a great relief of pressure and may notice a slight decrease in size and hardness of your testicle after applying this method. The size of the cyst seems to be decreasing as well. Sometimes the fluid expressed has bits with the consistency of tapioca pudding, and I can only assume that is coming from inside the actual cyst.
|

replied April 14th, 2010
My husband has a testiclar cyst and is contemplating surgery to have it removed. He has been under a lot of stress and is experiencing high blood pressure also. He is 62, a hard worker (construction) and we have a small business which is causing him much frustration also. His father died last month and I''m concerned that he is not in good health to be able to tolerate any surgery. What are your thoughts?
|

replied April 20th, 2010
i have 1 small oval shaped cyst on my left testicle, its firmly attached too. if inspected it will lightly hurt for the next 24hours, so its good to not touch it. worrying about it can also make me more aware of its presence somehow. lately it has been hurting mildly alot more which has me a bit worried but it has not changed in presence.

1 year ago i had it inspected by a doctor and got an ultrasound. it is harmless. they also found another form of cyst they called a ''pearl'' which is the size of a pearl and is extremely mobile around the whole scrotum... so mobile its hard to find and touch. weird eyy!!!!

something the doctor laughed about was how worried i was it was cancer. pretty normal worry i thought. he said that testicular cancer will often be very different because the testicles themselves will feel different; very firm and maybe even look a darker colour.

i would say get everything checked and if your lucky and its just a cyst (yay) know that they come in so many forms and shapes, they can change, grow and be cut out. its all up to you how you deal with them. were so lucky its not cancer.
|

replied April 23rd, 2010
about three months ago, my right testicle grew in size (the left was always bigger but not anymore) and i felt a growth on it. went to the doctor, got an ultrasound booked, worried myself stupid and it was just a cyst (the growth was natural, i''m only 19) just get these things checked. it''ll save a lot of worry and it really put my mind at rest.
|

replied May 5th, 2010
Cyst on testicles
i have a grape sized cyst on my left epydymus, it was found by an ultra sound along with 3 other smaller cysts on my right epy. the doctor told me that cysts are nothing to worry about and there can be hundreds of causes. They are no threat to sexual health, impotency or fertility. they are a natural occuring thing in the body. do not worry!!!
|

replied May 13th, 2010
Dull aching Paing in testicule how long will pain last
I have a cyst in my right testicule, not on the surface. I can pinch it under the skin and have had a urologist look at it and its non cancerous. I have had it for about 10 years no pain or anything.

For the last 1 week I have had a dull aching pain in that nut with a pressure sensation in my lower abdomen. The pain is getting very annoy and am afraid that it will never go away. Anybody else experience this?
|

replied April 15th, 2011
yes mate, im getting very annoyed at the moment, having to see a different doctor everytime i go to my local surgery,I think its been on going for ages,It makes me want to urinate 24/7 Sad doctors insist it is epididimitis but i seen an osteopath 'unrelated who suggested getting a mri on my back to make sure no nerves were trapped as I also get a shooting pain down my left leg and groin aswell as a dull ache from my back all the time
|

replied June 12th, 2011
surgery to remove
my husband had the same thing and just had surgery Friday to remove what they thought was 3 cycsts to 8 cysts. he has a little pain 2 days later when he stands up in his abdomen when he stands up He had the same exact pain you are experiencing and could not deal with it. do said he she feel better after a couple of days you should have these removed if it is causing pain
|

replied July 27th, 2010
Cyst
I've had a cyst on my right testicle for about a year now. I'm in pain for the most part of my day. The urologist I saw said that I shouldn't worry and that I should just sit on a daily dosage of NSAID containing drugs (Motrin, Aleve etc.) However no matter how many days in a row I take them I still feel the pain. This cyst has given me the misfortune of being unable to run and experience pain so harsh I feel like a girl just kicked me in the nuts. I want to get it removed however he said it would do more harm than good being that it would affect my fertility. Is there anyone out there that has been in my position? Please write me.

I would much appreciate any response.
|

replied November 20th, 2011
Left testical/epididimus cyst
I am in the same position and all ive been finding out is its not harmful but is painful when straining or lifting and i notice it gets bigger also when you strain alot.. I have a very physical job and i can tell you it does not help but when i was on vacation the pain and size went down.. Doctor told me to apply heat to relieve it, it was 4 mm in size when i got the ultrasound done but i definetly notice the variation i size when lifting i also where back support n a hernia belt but still doesnt ease the pain..hope this helps.. I use a wrag with hot water feels alot better when heat is applied
|