Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

catch feeling in lower front right side rib cage

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
can someone tell me what a catch feeling in my lower front right side rib cage would mean? i love to drink...but dont consider myself the typical drunk that hangs out at the singles bars all the time...that may sound like an excuse. but i could sure use some advice here. as i am a single unemployed mom. just divorced. i drank a lot over the last 3 years when i was miserable in a bad marriage...i know...excuses excuses...can someone KINDLY give me some sort of info? hey thx!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 1st, 2006
General Q&A Answer A60
Alcohol won’t solve any of your problems but it will cause others. Alcohol damages the liver, stomach, nerves... and causes psychiatric disorders. The pain you feel in your lower right ribs might be an alert to liver damage. You can visit your doctor and request blood laboratory analyses (blood picture, sedimentation and liver status-AST,ALT,bilirubin,fibrinogen,choles terol), as well as an ultrasound examination to identify the reason for your pain and check on the health of your organs. You can also visit a mental health professional for the treatment of alcohol-abuse.
|

replied February 7th, 2012
Excrusiating Pain
I am 58 years old and had menopause when I was 43 years old, my appendix was taken out when I was 15 years old; at the momen have sharp cramp pain in the lower right side and it forms a lump, the pain is so excrusiating that if I wouln't know better, I would think I have appendicitis or I am in Labor! Any idea what could it be related to? Thank you so much
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.