Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Schizophrenia Question

Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
I have a pain in my lower back (left side). At 1st I thought it was a muscle issue, but it has persisted and gotten worse over the last week. It is not a severe or sharp pain, but it is consistent. Currently all I have done is tried soaking.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 31st, 2005
Schizophrenia Answer A48
This pain might originate from the kidneys, the lumbar vertebra or from muscles. A blood/urine analyses (standard, urea, creatinin, acidum uricum), an X-ray of the lumbar vertebrae, and an ultrasound of the inner abdominal organs may help a medical professional diagnose your case.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Schizophrenia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.