Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

My Feet Are Turning Black

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
I have been having a problem lately when I get in the shower or stand up for a little while. Or just periodically sometimes my toes will turn purplish black. I am a 20 year old female who weighs 100 lbs. I haven't had this happen before. Before my feet would just turn red sometimes. I don't think the water is too hot. So I am not sure why my feet are doing this sometimes by toes go numb. Please help
ashley
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ilovemybaby4life
|

replied December 20th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi ashley,

it sounds as if the circulation of blood to your feet is being constricted some how when you are standing for long periods of time. Especially since you are feeling numbness aswell. You really need to see your doc and find out what is going on so the problem doesn't progress to something like gang green. Gang green can lead to amputation, therefore it is really important you seek medical advice.

Good luck.
|

replied December 21st, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
I agree it sounds like a circulation problem & you need to get it sorted out fast or you may get gangrene & amputation this is no joke. But if you get it diagnosed early & deal with it then you should be ok.
|

replied December 28th, 2003
Experienced User
My grandfather had the same thing happen to him and it ended up being a side effect of his diabetes. You definitely need to go to the doctor and get checked out. You risk amputation if it is continued to be left untreated.
|

replied January 20th, 2004
Do ur feet swell up or just start turning black? My first thought was diabetes but im no doctor u should go to one
|

replied January 7th, 2013
Black toesk
Mine do this too but I just moved to a high altitude location so I'm thinking the elevation is causing some circulation problems. I have asked around and have heard that it eventually goes away.
|
Tags: feet, female, numb
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Bhupinder HirA
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile