Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Help In Understanding Crown to Rump Measurements

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Hi:

i just had an ultra sound done today. I am 12 weeks, three days. I am participating in a safer study which screens the mother''s serum blood? Not sure I expained that right. On the form, it says the baby is 62.2 mm, crown to rump measurments. What the heck does that mean? How big is that in inches?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Crown to rump is the measurement done from head to bum 62.2 mm is about 2.4 inches long not including leg length I dont know how many months you are but if the dr didnt say anything dont worry too much....

I know when they do u/s they measure the heads width, crown to rump, leg length they measure heart and a few other things it common to have it done the first ultrasound and even subsequent u/s.

Wish you luck on ur pregnancy!
|

replied December 29th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi, I am 12 weeks now, which is 3 months. The information I have says the baby should be 2.5 cm this week so I am right on track.

Thanks
|

Experienced User
Hi,

crl is a standard measurement that is performed in the first trimester of pregnancy and which is used for the purpose of determining the date of the pregnancy. It measures from the vertex of the skull to the buttocks.

A crown rump length of 62.2mm (6.22cm, 2.45inches) would usually indicate that the pregnancy is 12weeks and a few days.

all the best
|

Experienced User
Thanks so much for that link
|

replied December 30th, 2008
I had my first ultrasound today. On the ultrasound picture they gave me, the information at the top as the number 8.3cm/67Hz. Does this mean the baby is 8.3cm crown to rump or is that a totally different measurment?
|