Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Third Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Painful Intercourse 36 Wks

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Just curious if it is normal for intercourse to be painful lot of pressure but no bleeding, just achiness!! Help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 29th, 2005
Noone Will Reply
How come there have been so many views, but noone wants to help or give their advice!
|

replied January 3rd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I have experienced the same achiness with intercourse while pregnant. Made me not like it so much at all. For me it started around 2 months and continued all the way thru. Made my belly get so hard too.
|

replied January 14th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi I am 35 weeks pregnant too...Sex to me is not the most pleasurable thing right now either...Between my stomach cramping up all the time and the constant worry of pains coming on I try to avoid it at all costs, and my huge stomach is constantly in the way. I feel as though I have ate a full coarse meal everyday all day long and just want to unbutton my pants and rest..So the last thing I want is someone on top of me. My doctor said that some women feel sex to be comforting during pregnancy and some women find it to be uncomfortable and painful. Anyways what you are feeling is completely normal.
|

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I get that sometimes where its painful/pressure during sex not much you can do and even if you bled alittle after(spotting) dr wont take any concern, I find k-y jelly works wonder because of our hormones sometimes we need something extra because were dried up and that is where pain comes from. So basically just try different thing and try not to think of pain because you will feel sometimes mentally were afraid to apporach sex (after it hurt) with the same feelings of pleasure, make sure to tell hubby/bf to take it slow next time and have all the sex you can before baby is born lol!!
|

replied January 17th, 2006
Experienced User
Me and my husband haven't had sex since the late second trimester of my pregnancy, and when we tried to have sex a couple of weeks ago it wouldn't work. My body rejected him....We were so mad. I dropped during my 37th week so we definitely don't want to have sex 'til after we have our baby.
Edd 02/01/06
|