Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Intestinal Disorders Forum

Orange Oily Discharge In My Poop (Page 1)

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
On dec 25th, I had some orange, oily substance that floated on top of the water in the toilet, along with solid poop, that looked normal. When I wiped, it was all orange. The next day, I saw nothing in there, a little orange when I wiped. Today, i've had to go to the bathroom 3 times just to expel gas, along with this orange oily substance. Is it bile? Should I be worried? I ate ham on xmas, and the night before. Cheese potatoes, bagels with cream cheese, pepporoni pizza from the freezer... But nothing out of the ordinary, aside from the ham, which I eat only around xmas. I feel my gi tract moving occasionally.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper collegekid1234
|

replied December 30th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi,

i don't know the answer to your questions are but sometimes I think that when oil present in faeces means that the fat in your digestive tract as not been broken down by the bile. If it continues to be a problem then you should maybe visit your gp incase there is a problem with your liver or gall bladder.

All the best.
|

replied January 14th, 2008
Answer! Orange Roughy Or Butterfish!
Search the Internet for Orange Roughy and oily discharge.

It's even on Wikipedia. I had two pieces of the stuff yesterday and scared the living hell out of myself when I went to the john. I don't know how long this is going to last, but it's hell. It started with some stomach cramping the following morning after eating the fish the previous evening. Then, about 24 hours later, here comes the surprise flatulence and orange oil from you know where.

I've had Orange Roughy before; however, the frozen fish fillets in this bag looked larger and somewhat different from what I had in the past. The results certainly were. I'll never eat it again; that's for sure!

Hope this info helped some scared orange butt oil surfer. What a scare and what a mess.
|

replied September 20th, 2008
lost control over all bowel function / Me & Kids
Embarassed I bought 3 lbs of beautiful Orange Roughy at the fish market. Never had it before. It was so good myself and three small children ate all 3 lbs that night. Within two days we were all loosing complete bowel function to watery oily orange stool. I was convinced that we all had gotten some horrible food borne illness. However no one was in pain. Yet my two year old's diaper looked like an orange oil slick which had overflowed covering his bean bag. Myself and ten year old daughter would run for the bathroom every hour. Most of the time we did not make it. My seven year old son luckily did not eat as much as the rest of us. Still He walked around making statements like why is my butt oily? Never again will we eat the devil fish Orange Roughy!!!!
|

replied July 23rd, 2010
i got this today and i'm quite scared. I didn't eat anything unusual at all except i think maybe it might have had something to do with all the pink lemonade I've had. Its disgusting and embarrassing and i think here would be the best place to ask because no one knows me. I just want to know how long it will last and if i should be more worried about my health. I generally have a very unhealthy diet because i fast all day and only eat a bit of dinner then pig out on things like chocolate and crisps and fizzy drinks. Lately I've had bad mood swings where i cry myself to sleep and stay up really late then sleep until 5pm the next day. I never really get any exercise. Could these habits be contributing to my illness?
|

replied July 28th, 2010
Hunny I think that these habits probally effect you extremly. If you are eating real late a night you food isnt properly digesting. Food gives you enery so you should deffinetly be eating in the day even if its not breakfast,just anything!! I would take it that you probally arnt getting enough of what your body needs. I used to stay up like that, but it took a toll on my body. Try going to sleep earlier even if you cant sleep juss lay down a relax your body. If you ever are up and need to talk, write me.
|

replied October 8th, 2010
Orange oily substance in stool.
This just happened to me too. Ever since this morning when I go to the bathroom there is lots of orange oil that floats on the top of the water. I haven't eaten any fish but I had gas during the night. What should I do?
|

replied December 1st, 2010
Experienced User
orange could be lymphatic or kidney toxin; do a complete cleanse. also, try a (good) ion cleanse therapist to see which toxins release, try a bio-resonnance machine (generally naturopath) to find out everything. in the mean time, give yourself a lot of colonics and cleanse.
|

replied January 3rd, 2011
I need some help bad! I haven't been feeling well over the past 3 or 4 days and I have really bad gas. I'm also having orange oil come out of my rear end when I use the restroom. I haven't had any fish all I had for the past couple of days was pasta, bread, and a couple other Italian foods. ( My grand parents are Italian) When I eat their food this never happens to me but while I was down at my grandparents I did have a load full of cashews. Please help!
|

replied January 15th, 2011
If any of you are having this problem and are taking a weight loss drug that may be the cause of the oil. When fat is not absorbed into the intestines, it will be expelled in an orange oil.
|

replied November 1st, 2011
I have been taking Ali for 2 days and today got the orange oil.I was really freaking out.So Ireally hope that was the problem not going to take that pill anymore
|

replied March 20th, 2011
yellowish orange oil discharge
i have this problem for two days now...i smelled something foul and i went to the bathroom and went to take a shower, took off my pants and saw orange discharge...i thought oh my?! i didnt even felt that my behind was wet?!!....i hurriedly washed my clothes and noticed when it dried, it was stained yellowish orange. It was oil!...again this morning when i went to the bathroom, i noticed that there was round oily stuffs floating... i got curious and took toilet paper and checked what was it...it was orange oil. I panicked and called my nurse nephew...he said he never heared anything like that and asked me what i ate for the last few days...I said pepperoni pizza and lots of cashews. He told me to stop eating cashews and see what happens. I hope this helps...
|

replied August 7th, 2011
thanks! I have been eating tons of cashews and now i know that that is probably the reason i am getting this.
|

replied October 20th, 2011
Orange oil in stool
I am survivor of an iffy liver transplant (in '05 I weighed 65 lbs when I finally got a donor liver). It injured every organ in my skinny bod, so I have to take CREON, a swine-derived mix of pancreatic enzymes, since my pancreas doesn't work (I'm also diabetic, on insulin). If I do not take the medicine I get a variety of unwelcome symptoms when using the head: pain, feeling like you're never finished, and oily orange fluid in my stool. It's because I can't digest fats, there fore the yucky oil. I derive very little nourishment from food anyway. Without CREON almost none. I'm barely 130, -45 lbs off my normal, and I eat like a hog, basically all day, then dinner, then 1000 or so more calories after midnight. And I'm skinny, except for a slightly pooched belly from surgery.
I have the big upside-down smiley-face scar, from port to starboard matey...Smile Now go get some piggy enzymes! peace- John
|

replied March 20th, 2011
I had a similar incident about twenty years ago. I woke up with a major lower backache, got out of bed to go to the bathroom and got such a big headrush that it dropped me to the floor. I crawled to the bathroom and, too, noticed an orange, oily discharge that I thought was odd...especially considering the backache, head rush and 104 degree fever I found out later that I had. Went to the hospital, they ran tests and it seems that the discharge was due to a massive abscess that had formed in me due to my APPENDIX rupturing.
|

replied March 20th, 2011
I had a similar incident about twenty years ago. I woke up with a major lower backache, got out of bed to go to the bathroom and got such a big headrush that it dropped me to the floor. I crawled to the bathroom and, too, noticed an orange, oily discharge that I thought was odd...especially considering the backache, head rush and 104 degree fever I found out later that I had. Went to the hospital, they ran tests and it seems that the discharge was due to a massive abscess that had formed in me due to my APPENDIX rupturing.
|

replied March 21st, 2011
...on this 3rd day, after i stopped eating cashew, i did not have that yellow orange discharge.... I didnt experience any pain in my lower back or any excruciating pain before or after having the discharge... ( thank God )...
|

replied March 21st, 2011
Mine actually happened about three days after eating a bunch of pumpkin seeds, shell and all. The doctors suspect that it is what caused the appendix to rupture.
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2011
Supporter
I have seen several posts on this topic and the same reasons seem to crop up. If it is a one- time or short lived event that gets better soon the culprit could be something that you ate:
*lots of cashews
*fish labeled Orange Roughy (other fish have been labeled as OR but are in fact butterfish/ escolar or other fish which cause an oily leakage) I've had real Orange Roughy and never had this problem. I'm not sure why they are able to classify various types of fish as OR and other harmless fish.
Also, if you use a fat blocker pill such as orlistat/ xenical or its over the counter version, Alli, oily discharge is a common side effect.
If you eat a lot of product which has olean or olestra, same thing.
If the problem persists for a long time you may want to see a doctor and consider gall bladder problems, Crohns disease and other more serious causes.
there is a similar thread on this topic which lists other causes of oily orange droplets in stool.
http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic10871. html
|

replied July 17th, 2011
loose stools
i've had these symptoms for a few days now.
i suffer from IBS and am used to bouts of loose stools etc, however for the past few days i've had chronic stomach pains followed by orange water stools and gas. my diet has changed from the ordinary and i've already had my appendix out so its not that.
any suggestions??
|

replied September 13th, 2011
Orange, liquid excretion; intestinal fluid retention - PAINFUL
I've had this condition for 5 days now. I've eaten no fish, take no diet crap. 28 years old, athletic build female, normally 125 lbs. 6 weeks pregnant. No one else in my family is sick, thank G-D. Lost all bowel control and it's been completely orange and oily like Italian dressing since day 1. Eating even benign foods makes bowel movements more aggressive and painful. Can't keep water or gatorade in. Gained 20 lbs in a day in fluid in my intestines. Doctors insist it's viral. Intestinal swelling radiating to lower back - extremely painful. Feels exactly like back labour. Emergency Room doctors keep sending me home. Unlike stomach viruses, this situation seems to be worsening. What IS this?
|

replied October 4th, 2011
White Tuna Turns to Orange Crude Oil
Holy smokes I thought I was crazy before I read these threads. I bought and ate white tuna from a shelf in a south american grocery store. The frozen packets of "White Tuna were all packed in single 6-7 ounce (clone looking )portions. After reading this thread, I now know why. God know what could have happened if had eaten more.
14hrs later The white tuna came out as I was walking towards the jon at the gym. I was not big hurry but I knew I might need to go. I never made it to the door when my ass felt like someone just poured baby oil between my cheeks. I scurried to the jon and blew the rest of it out. When I looked down, I could not believe what I saw. The orange oil was thick and nothing else. Just clear Orange looking crude oil. I had to toss out my underwear and freeball from there.
Good luck getting this orange oil out of your cheeks or behind the sack. This orange crude oil will not stick to toilet paper at all. It's like some kind of space age oil. I would be careful even smoking near one of these accidents because it probably could flame up. This whole ordeal really messed with my head today and I could not concentrate on anything at work after that.. I feel much better after reading this. I will be bring extra underwear to work tomorrow just in case.
White Tuna??? Why would anyone sell this.
|

replied December 27th, 2011
Glad I aws not the only one. Been discharging orange oil along with feces since last night. Had some type of fish eggs the night before, not sure what fish. hole family member ate it, I got the largest bite I guess. And I think I am the only one with this problem since others say nothing at all.
|
12 >>
Quick Reply