Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

2 Neg Hpts, 21 Days Late?

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
Hello.
I took an hpt when I was 6 days late and it was clearly negative.
Took another when I was 16 days late and it was also clearly negative.
Now I am 21 days late.

I have never missed a period but am not super regular either. I have been up to 10-12 days late before.

What could be causing this?
I know it is possible but what are the chances I am pregnant after 2 neg hpts taken so long after I should have started?

Thanks.

Marcie
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 20th, 2003
Experienced User
Even though the hpts are coming up negative, please don't discount the fact that you could be pregnant.

Some women who become pregnant do not produce enough of the hcg hormone (the pregnancy hormone) to make an hpt positive.

To get the best and accurate results, consult your physician for a blood test.

Best wishes!
|

replied December 20th, 2003
Experienced User
I definately agree with the previous post. Negative tests don't mean you're not pregnant. I would make an appointment to be sure.
|

replied December 21st, 2003
Experienced User
Yeah, those home tests usually do not work. I had a friend who was four months pregnant before her test came up positive. And I had another friend who took three that said she was pregnant and she wasn't. They are right sometimes, but they are definately not foolproof. So, you should contact your doctor and have a blood test.
|

replied December 29th, 2003
Experienced User
Well from my experience... I had missed my period the first month so I took 2 test both neg. So I wasl ike ok its just not coming this month unusual but ok then the second month still no period so took three more tests all came back neg so I scheduled an appt. With Dr....Then finally missed the third and one week later was my appt. Went to the doc to see what was wrong cuz I was thinking sumthing must be wrong with me since the test say im not preg. But no period for three months and sure enough she done two tests and told me I was 13wks preg. So if you dont start soon id go to the dr cuz u may be preg after all .... Remeber its not uncommon at all to get a false neg.
|

replied July 5th, 2004
Hello to all. I too have a problem that I could use help and advice with. Please respond with any advice you may have.I am 22 years old and I have had very irregular periods since I was 15. I have a 4 year old son and in 2002 I had an abortion. I have been having unprotected sex since april and my last period was may 11. I've taken at least eight pregnancy tests and they've all come up negative. I have had severe middle of the night heartburn, frequent urination, uncomfortable bloating, and very moody and sensitive. I just want some advice as to what you guys would do next.
|

replied October 27th, 2011
Hi all i 2 am havin the same problem4 days before my period was due i bled for 2 1/2 days and then went away. I am now 21 days late and i have had 9 neg hpts but i am experiencin swollen breasts which r really sore and i have gained weight 2. My periods r normally like clockwork so i am really confused. Can any1 plz help
|

replied May 21st, 2012
hey frnd .....m new to dis site bt m 21 days late and with 3 -ve hpt and 1 -ve blood test but i ve swollen feets and back pain.....and here i like to mention i h'd misscaride 4 months back....at dt time in 1 dec 2011 i hd my period and ws due on 1 jan 2012 bt didnt come and i hd 3 test week after week but all came -ve dn on 28 jan 2012 it came +ve but misscarid on 31...i was so dipressed...and now again dis thing is happnig...i think one shud take a test in late week of month in which the date ws due
|

replied May 21st, 2012
Hello Im 21 and married, I was 3 weeks late for my period 3 neg. hpt 1 neg. blood about 2 weeks ago. When I was 3 weeks 2 days late I started spotting pink/brown blood very little only when I wiped, had that for 2 days and now for 2 days its been heavyer but not much with no cramps , I usually have 7 day very heavy periods with cramps always on time 24th of every month last good period was 03/24/12 I have a dr appointment friday the 25th so right now I need help and opinions from others
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile