Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Husband Calling Me Crazy.

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
What do you do when your loved ones think you are crazy?
My disorder if you want to call it that, is not a joke, not something to be made fun of. Right?
The people you need to support you and love you are making fun and brushing you off. I can put myself in their position and I know it is probably hard but I wouldn't make fun. It hurts when your having an attack and they call you crazy or roll their eyes.
I have tried telling them that it hurts my feelings, what else can I do?
Everytime I try to talk to them they turn it into self pity... My mother says "what have I done wrong to have a daughter like this?"
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 27th, 2005
Same Here
Hi everyone treats me like that as well and my mom sounds just like yours the best line is though "you'r getting me depressed now" that one really makes you feel great. I replied to your post on headachs and called you justin I think sorry if I did I missed off the e best wishes and take care xxx
|

Experienced User
People react like that because they have no idea what having one is like or what having constant anxiety feels like. It is a prehistoric view and those people should support you no matter what. M y boyfriend is exactly the same and the good thing about my anxiety is that its shown what he is like in response to those type of disorders and I don`t like what I have seen. I really am re thinking whether I want to be with someone who is like that. I can`t make him understand and he doesn`t have to understand it, he should just be there for support.

My family is great and I cannot fault them, but this forum is good if you don`t get that support there are others out there willing to offer you a helping hand.

Take care

debs x
|

Experienced User
Thank You
I know they do not understand and I am in agreement that they should be there to support me instead of telling me I have a mental problem and that I am crazy. Esp my husband, I need his support the most.

He has a dry sence of humar and he thinks he is joking around a lot when he is actually hurting my feelings. I ask for him to stop but he continues. He'll eventually get the hint.

Thank you for replying. I am glad that I found this forum. It has brought me great comfort knowing that I am not alone, and there are ppl suffering out there just like me.

Justina xx
|

replied May 19th, 2011
I guess I am crazy
My husband calls me crazy everytime I get upset, he tells me know one would stay with you! I admit I get upset and say things bad because of my bipolar, PSTD, obsessive compulsive disorder and major manic depression, but we have three children and he's just so mean to me, he says I remember everything and you won't have me too much longer!
|

replied September 13th, 2011
dessperate woman
I'm from Morocco married with two children suffering from depression. Each time i get upset or complain about somthing the only response i get from my husband(you crasy i'm ganna take the children and make end in psychiatric hospital.
|

replied September 13th, 2011
dessperate woman
I'm from Morocco married with two children suffering from depression. Each time i get upset or complain about somthing the only response i get from my husband(you crasy i'm ganna take the children and make end-up in psychiatric hospital).
|