Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Question For Pregnant Members

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
My husband and I are actively trying to get pregnant. I have done all the research and taken pre-natal vitimens and the whole nine yards. My question is this: I am not due to get my period for two days. I know what some early pregnancy symptoms can be and have been trying not to pay close attention to them. The closer you look for symptoms, the more symptoms you will find you have. Anyway, the past two days I have had what I can only describe as cramps. I have to go to the bathroom a lot, but instead of the usual sensation when you have to go, I feel crampy inside like it is that time of the month. Has anyone else experienced this, or is this just something unique to me and has nothing at all to do with an early pregnancy? It is too soon to test, so just wanted to ask.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 27th, 2005
Experienced User
Hi hopefulin2006-

you can take an hpt now, it is not too early. I took one 2 days before my missed period and it came out positve. Faint, but positive. Also, that whole week before my period was due, I had period like cramps that would come and go. I really thought my period was coming. I am 6 weeks now and I still have those cramps, not as frequent. Good luck!!! Test and let me know what the results are!!

Liz
|

Experienced User
Thanks for the advice. I did call earlier today up to our local clinic and talked to a nurse. She told me I probably had the intestonal flu and to take some tylenol. I had told her I am trying to get pregnant and didn't think I could take anything. She told me that didn't matter and to take some and see how I feel. Needless to say, I am not taking the tylenol and am taking an early hpt I picked up at lunch today.

Melissa
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Hi melissa

i love how someone tries to tell you what you have over the phone!! The intestonal flu?? How the heck would they know!

Good idea though, take the test and see! If it is negative, don't get discouraged just yet. I had a false negative at first. Good luck!!
|

replied December 29th, 2005
Good Luck!
I hope you are that over the phone prediction was ridiculous....I also had a false negative pregnancy test the first time and I waited 2 weeks and took another one and now I am 6 weeks pregnant.
|

Experienced User
Tylenol is very safe to take while you are pregnant. I did for a massive toothache pain.

Hpt should work at this point. Good luck
|

User Profile
Supporter
hopefulin2006 wrote:
thanks for the advice. I did call earlier today up to our local clinic and talked to a nurse. She told me I probably had the intestonal flu and to take some tylenol. I had told her I am trying to get pregnant and didn't think I could take anything. She told me that didn't matter and to take some and see how I feel. Needless to say, I am not taking the tylenol and am taking an early hpt I picked up at lunch today.

Melissa

any news melissa? + or -?
|

replied January 11th, 2006
Experienced User
I got my period right on schedule on the 30th of january. It only lasted three days and the cramps continued for about a week. Took another test this week to make sure and it was negitive. I can't imagine how women go though months of waiting and just hoping and praying not to get their period, and then getting it. I have taken five preg tests just to make sure in one month! When you see the negitive sign you just refuse to believe it. We have only been trying since december 1, 05 so I think I have a long road ahead of me. I have decided to just relax and see what happens. I tried to do everything right last month after months of research and it didn't help. I guess god has a plan and I am not going to get pregnant one second sooner than he wants me to. I was just too arogant thinking I could accomplish in one month what all of you have been trying, or had to try to do, for months. I think I was taken down a notch or two. Oh well, still hopeful in 2006. Plus, sex every day for a month was great, but made me a little tired.
|

replied January 11th, 2006
Experienced User
Try every other day. A friend who had a a real hard time getting pregnant was told that by her doctor. She also did not go the the washroom right after. Aim for the fertile months based on your ovulation.

Good luck.
|