Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Fetal Pain

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
A fetus feels pain earlier than pro-choice would like to believe. Most of us know this but for the crying sake of pro-choicers, look up the literature.

Of course, let us not forget the real concern here, the baby. Pain or no pain, abortion is still killing an innocent baby, it is taking the life of a potential born human being. There is nothing you nor any woman having an abortion can say to change that, or make it right. So just keep in mind, you can rant, you can rave, but you will never win this debate nor argument in the end, because you simply just can't.

Take a look at:
cmdahome.Org/fastmedia/issues_abortion/... /media/fetalpainwhitep

in all reality, you will find sites that claim pain before 20 weeks and some that claim it not to ever feel pain while in the womb. I stated the bottom line though. Abortion is killing, pain or no pain. It does not change the true meaning of it. So really the yelling and screaming about pain pro-choice, is irrelevant.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 27th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Okay, so I agree with current unbiased medical knowledge. I do believe that fetal pain is an issue at 20+ weeks, but of course when fetal surgery is done the fetus gets anesthetics through the mother. Fetal pain for me is not an issue in the abortion debate, the womans pain and or needs are the issue for me. Women who do terminate at 20 weeks and beyond normally do so because of defects. If there are women here who have aborted past 20 weeks for non medical reasons, I do not mean to insult. But the majority of abortions done past 20 weeks are because of fetal deformity/disease, or the mothers health. Anyway, my whole point is that for amny pro choicers fetal pain does not matter, because the woman is naturally more important.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 28th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
True indeed. During pregnancy a women will experience far more pain than the fetus ever will, but noone seems to care about the womans aches and pains.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2005
Experienced User
whatisupwiththat wrote:
carifairy wrote:
anyway, my whole point is that for any pro choicers fetal pain does not matter, because the woman is naturally more important.


too bad simple minded people don't understand that, huh?


the fact that you don't care about fetal pain shows that you have no respect for humanity. Period. End of story.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2005
Experienced User
whatisupwiththat wrote:
carifairy wrote:
true indeed. During pregnancy a women will experience far more pain than the fetus ever will, but noone seems to care about the womans aches and pains.


because the woman deserves it <tic>


and I supposed that the fetus deserves to be slaughtered?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 29th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
It is inside of the womans body, if she wants it "slaughtered", then yes it is her right. Fetal pain is only an issue if the child is wanted, and fetal surgery is performed.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 29th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
whatisupwiththat wrote:
paganangel wrote:
the fact that you don't care about fetal pain shows that you have no respect for humanity. Period. End of story.


the simple fact that you hate women and want them to suffer via pregnancy shows you have no respect for humankind. Period. End of story.


paganangel wrote:
and I supposed that the fetus deserves to be slaughtered?


if the host doesn't want it in her? Yes.


i am woman and I think being pregnant is a miracle feeling, definetly not suffering. Too bad you don't see pregancy as something so incredibly wonderful like most people do. That is why we have 21 forum boards here for pregnancy. Tell me why do "you" think being pregnant is suffering? I can only imagine that you are a very young person who wants to live like adults too quickly. When one enjoys youth doing other things that are not sex when you become an adult you will see pregnancy as something wonderful.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 29th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
whatisupwiththat wrote:


too bad you seem to think because I am pro choice that makes me anti pregnancy. Idiot. How I feel about pregnancy isn't how another woman would feel. I don't expect everyone to feel/think/act the same. Sorry you do. I allow a woman her own thoughts and feelings. And being pro choice doesn't make me young, doesn't mean I am not a parent and doesn't mean I am anti pregnancy. Fool.



how old you are?



I do expect people to think the same regarding the right to life and i'm sorry you don't feel this way. I hope you understand that somebody has to speak for this defendless unborn children.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
whatisupwiththat wrote:


and someone has to speak up for the born women you wish to enslave via punishment for unwanted pregnancy. Pyscho.




i don't want to enslave them, I want them to be responsible citizens. There is got to be limits set up. Stealing is wrong right? If poor people steal they would have a better life but you can't accept stealing. Same goes for killing people.


If you don't want a child to happen then don't have sex.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied December 30th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
It is being responsible, maybe not in a way that you agree with, but it is.. I do not agree with welfare, and women having numerous babies on medicaid ect... Because they are not paying for their own children, they are asking other people to pay for their kids. How is that responsible? Making others pay for babies that poor women have?

Having an abortion is being responsible, maybe you do not like it, but it's still responsible. How is it being a good citizen to have a baby when you are poor and cannot even afford your own food? Many women who have abortions do so because they are poor, and cannot have a child yet.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 30th, 2005
Experienced User
Quote:
don't like abortion? Don't have one.


don't want a child? Don't get pregnant.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 5th, 2009
those of you in a bubble
I am a teacher, and I see so many children on free and reduced lunch...that can't even afford to eat breakfast/dinner...and are scared to death that lunch may be their only meal. They are dirty, scared, and hopeless. The people on here that say "don't want a child, don't get pregnant" are ignorant. You need to step into the real world and experience things outside of your little bubble. It's real, it's relevant, and it's your future. Consider your words, put on someone elses shoes, and experience life outside of your box.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 6th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
TEACHER112

Do you think the children in your care better off dead? That death would be better for them than life? Or you simply think they need better parents/homes and the people abusing them should be jailed? It's an either or question.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 9th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
A rapist feels pain too but nobody is advocating that he has the right to use a woman's body against her will.

I don't care what you call it or how soon it's capable of feeling pain: fetuses shouldn't be granted more rights than born people. If a woman isn't willing to share her body even to preserve a life, she should have as much right as a man to deny it. Biology should never make slaves of half the population. If I can't force you to give me a drop of blood to live, you shouldn't be able to force me to incubate.

It's pretty bloody simple. Women are HUMAN BEINGS, not reproductive slaves. We're entitled to refuse the use of our bodily resources no matter who's asking for them.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Phenicks wrote:
TEACHER112

Do you think the children in your care better off dead? That death would be better for them than life? Or you simply think they need better parents/homes and the people abusing them should be jailed? It's an either or question.
The question you pose is irrelevant. These children are already born, sentient humans. And just because a child is hungry does not mean they are unloved. Perhaps their parents are in financial straits? Any abuse of a child should be reported to authorities and if you cannot afford to feed your child you should consider government programs that aid in that matter. But the sad reality is that MANY children are hungry in this world and not every country can provide government aid for their inhabitants. The other sad reality is that abortion is so looked down upon that women, no matter how many mouths they cannot AFFORD to feed, still don't consider it an option (or do not go through with it), whether out of fear or impact on their social stigma. I do not think any abortion is wrong. I think they are all done for reasons that one cannot even comprehend. I agree with Teacher112, it is time to step out of our bubbles and try to put ourselves in another's shoes.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 11th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
Carifairy wrote:
It is being responsible, maybe not in a way that you agree with, but it is.. I do not agree with welfare, and women having numerous babies on medicaid ect... Because they are not paying for their own children, they are asking other people to pay for their kids. How is that responsible? Making others pay for babies that poor women have?


Having an abortion is being responsible, maybe you do not like it, but it's still responsible. How is it being a good citizen to have a baby when you are poor and cannot even afford your own food? Many women who have abortions do so because they are poor, and cannot have a child yet.


I totally disagree, to claim having an abortion or not having one is responsible opens up a huge slipepry scope If having an abortion when poor responsible then is having one when wealthy irresponsible? WHy not? Is aborting because you simply want no child of yours to ever be born responsible? Yeah tough questions leave responsibility out of this, it has nothign to do with that and everything to do with what the pregnant woman wants. When it comes to having an abortion. But a fetus will NOT be considered a human being if someone forces an abortion on her because it isnt one if she chooses it herself.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 12th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
Aborting when you know you cannot or will not provide for the child is responsible. It is not responsible to birth a child you will not or cannot take adequate care of.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
Who are you to determine who can and can not care ofr a child and who made you queen of all uteruses? The point of being pro-choice is to respect EITHER choice, regardless under any and all circumstances because it isn't for you to decide and it isn't your body or your business.

The woman with 14 abortions is no more responsible or irresponsible than the woman who bore 14 children.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 13th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Phenicks wrote:
Who are you to determine who can and can not care ofr a child and who made you queen of all uteruses? The point of being pro-choice is to respect EITHER choice, regardless under any and all circumstances because it isn't for you to decide and it isn't your body or your business.

The woman with 14 abortions is no more responsible or irresponsible than the woman who bore 14 children.


No one is claiming to make a decisio FOR anyone else. The point was that if a woman DECIDES she cannot look after a child, and/or that having another child or remaining pregnant will negatively affect her ability to look after any existing children, and she DECIDES to have an abortion because she BELIEVES it is the responsible thing to do, that is her CHOICE.

And yes, it is perfectly legitimate to look at someone who has had 14 abortions as more responsible than someone who has had 14 children they cannot look after, and keeps popping them out one after the other regardless. We are allowed to make any value judgements we like on other people on whatever subject, after all. The person making the decision doesn't have to agree with our judgements, but neither should they ask for our approval of their decisions.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank oopoop for this post: motherofhighspiritedones 

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
No one is asking for approval, I've said that in my own posts before that approval should NOT be sought, your decisions should stand alone and be guarded by you because you are proud of or at the bare minimum feel you made the right choice.

HOWEVER unless you are asked to judge who are you to judge? Values? Those have NOTHING to do with reproductive rights because most people don't share the same set of morals and values to judge accurately based on those criteria.

I would say ANY woman bearing children unmarried or not in a happy marriage are WRONG because the fetuses they bear turn into children who need fathers who turn into adults who are most likely to go to prison (the hughest commonality amonsgt US inmates -federal or state- is FATHERLESSNESS. Statistically I am correct and accurate in my statements which could you cross referenced with the BOJ and the CDC. Its not nice, its tactless and its wrong to make that statement because it places MY values -however statistically accurate or correct into someone else's womb. I have NO place there, neither do you or motherofhighspiritedones.

I feel like this, dont go sticking yourself in a womb where you're not wanted, she has the right to abort you if you do and completely dismiss your antics and place you right up there with other anti-choicers. Either you respect the right to make a decision in any and all LEGAL circumstances or you don't and you're anti-choice.

I've said before that many of you come off pro-abortion and you prove it everytime you say more abortions is better and more responsible than more babies.
|
Did you find this post helpful?