Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Can You Get Pregnant 3-4 Days Before Your Period. (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I know u can get pregnant anytime of the month but is it likely, to get pregnant 4 days before u are to come on.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper chineseeyes513
|

replied December 24th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Most women get pregnant around the middle of cycle. But it just depends on you, and when you ovulate.

Say we start with middle of month--14 days before new menstrual cycle. Which is comon to ovulate then. You have 3 days before 14th and 3 days after to complete the normal cycle of ovulation. 14th being exact middle day. Well do you release egg first day, middle day or last day of your normal cycle. No one knows. So this makes 11-17 being most fertile days. Your eggs live for 2 days without being fertilized, and 5 to 7 days mans sperm live. If you release the egg as early as 3 days before 14--mans sperm could be inside you since the 7th if environment is favorable, and you could still get pregnant from that. If you release egg towards end of cycle which would be the 17th, you could get pregnant until the 19th day of the month. And if your cycle is not "normal" then it could vary closer to mensus, or farther away. You give or take a couple of days either way and that leaves a lot of days open for "possible pregnancy".
|

replied February 23rd, 2009
am i pergnant
i really would like to know if im pergnant!
so can you please helpppp meeeee!!!!!!

i missed my period on the 21st of feb and i had sex on the 17th we didnt use a condom!

so i can be pergnant or noo
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2009
Community Volunteer
The only way to know for sure is to take a test. I am tired of repeating this over and over, but please, if you don't intend on becoming pregnant, use protection. And use common sense, common sense for thinking you are pregnant would be to take a pregnancy test if you have missed a period.
|

replied August 12th, 2013
hi I been delayed for 3 weeks already,,it possible that im pregnant or not,,but I also try to test at home the result is negative,until now im still waiting of my period but not yet come..
|

replied May 16th, 2009
okay.
I went off the pill on April 20th, had a period for 3 days and light, had unprotected sex with coitus interruptus (withdrawl) for 5 days....thought I was pregnant, but as of yesterday (blood test) I am not. My period is 28 days always because of the pill, and is due on the 20th. I think I ovulated twice this month, on the 2nd and again on the 11th. We had sex this morning (TMI) and he did not pull out. It is 5 days before my period; can I get pregnant in this case?
|

replied May 24th, 2009
lula
I had unprotected sex on may 4 got my period on the 7 is their a possible i can get pregnant and now am spotting
|

replied May 25th, 2009
No
A big fat no. If you got your period after sex, that means that the luteal phase (the phase of hormones that causes your period has happened.) You are simply not pregnant, YOu have shed all the nutrients that a baby adheres to.
|

replied January 23rd, 2013
Hello, Im new to this whole thing... me and my boyfriend were dry humping 3-4 days before I was scheduled for my period. He kept his underwear on but mine were off.. he went in only about an inch and he didn't cum inside of me.. and I haven't started my period yet.. I've been stressing about it like crazy, and this semester is I have a lot of stressful classes... Ive also been pretty dehydrated and I've been really dry down there but today 2 days after I should have started my period i've started cuming... is that normal? Please help!?
|

replied October 16th, 2009
ok i am pregnant my due date is april 12th 2010. does that mean i got pregnant july 12th 2009? i had sex with 2 guys. one on the 3rd of july and got my period the 5th. then had sex with another guy on the 7th. could it be his?
|

replied May 31st, 2012
Am i Pregnant? Help.... :(
Please help me. I am 21 years old. I had sex with my bf on 26th may. we used condom but it got torn which we didn't know and unfortunately, he came inside me. i took emergency pill within 3 hours. my periods are supposed to start from 31st of may. i still haven't got it. i am worried. how long should i wait before i can take home pregnancy test? please help me.
|

replied June 7th, 2012
the plan b pill can change your period i wouldnt worry yourself about it. stress can post pone your period too! any btw you can take a test now if you want to calm your mind
|
Users who thank here2helpu11 for this post: tarini 

replied June 8th, 2012
thanks... anyway, the test showed negative plus i got my periods on 4th june. will be more careful from now on. Smile
|

replied March 4th, 2013
can you get pregnant 3 days before obviously
Hi my name is Andrea. And me and my boyfriend. Are try to have a baby we have been having sex since the 22nd of February and today is March 4. My doctor said I hav will obviously February 26. But according to the online obviously calendar I will March 7. So if we had sex from the 22-9 what is my and chance of being pregnant. Please someone I need help with this.
|

replied March 18th, 2013
I had sex July 30(guy1) & got my period August 4 had sex on the 18th (guy2)my due date is may 12 ! is,it possible babys dad is guy #1
|

replied April 11th, 2014
I GOT PREGNANT ON NOV 3 HAD MY PERIOD ON THE NOV 7TH THEN DIDNT GET IN DEC ON DEC TH I TESTED POSITIVE PREG IT WAS TWINS SO I HATE TO SAY BUT YES IT COULD BE EITHER MANS
|

replied May 10th, 2013
Help
Ok I know it's Probably not likely but I had sex on the 7th of May and my period is on the 11th I was fertile from the 27th of April to the 2nd of May can I still get pregnant?
|

replied May 10th, 2013
Community Volunteer
Unless you have very short cycles, most women are not fertile at the very least in the 10 days before their periods or during the first few days of their periods (7).

Of course we all have cycles in our lives where we ovulate late, or twice in one cycle. So pregnancy cannot be totally ruled out. It is just very very very unlikely that you would have been fertile when you had sex.
|

replied May 29th, 2013
i had sex on may 24, then 2-3 days after i got my period, is it still possible that i can be pregnant?
|

replied May 29th, 2013
Community Volunteer
It is possible but very very unlikely
|

replied June 1st, 2013
Could I be pregant?
I had my coil taken out on 29th had sex night before and bf cum inside me and den had sex day I got it out 3times and the next day too I have not yet come on been having belly cramps waking up feeling sick dizzy and having metal taste in my mouth could I be pregant?
|

replied June 1st, 2013
Community Volunteer
Pregnancy does not happen 3 days. That does not mean that you are not going to get pregnant this cycle, just that this is not it.
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2013
Hi was wondering if you could help me :0) My partner and I are trying to have another baby :0) I've never had any problems in the past falling pregnant first time around with my other children lol
I had my last period on the 6th of May had unprotected sex on the 21st of May on the last week when I was due for my period I was spotting light pink and brownish stuff for couple of days then on the 30th of May I stated bleeding but for only 2days then brownish stuff agin with light pinkish again for a day or two and then that was it I've never only bleed for two days! I've taken 2 test in short period of times and both came back negative :0( my cycle is every three weeks give or take a couple of days! I've been getting headaches and really tired and moody! Could it still be possible that I am pregnant??? Plz help! :0)
|

replied June 5th, 2013
Community Volunteer
It sounds like just a lighter period with some spotting.

Has your cycle always been this short (around 21 days)? With a short cycle like that your fertile week will be much earlier, most likely while you are still on your period, or immediately after.

It is always possible that you can be pregnant but it is not showing up on your pregnancy test. A blood test are much more accurate if you still think that you can be pregnant.

Best of luck TTC!
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2013
Thank you for the reply :0) I've just never had a period like that before and so short. More than likely they are but I've never really keeps tabs on my period cos it has always been different but lately I have and it has been around the three week mark give or take a few days! Again thank you for getting back to me so quickly :0) I was going to wait another week and take another test or just goto a dr and just get a blood test just to clear it up ASAP! Do you think that would be the best option just to get a blood test done?
|

replied June 16th, 2013
I have a question I had unprotected sex with my bf on the 25th and again on the 28th of may and got my period on the 29th there is no way I could be pregnant is there?
|

replied June 21st, 2013
Teach me on how to ccount my safe days!
Am trying to get pregnant, however i dont know my first date of period like i spot blackish blood and yellowish stuff 2 -3 day before 18th when my real heavy periods start am expecting it to end on 22.when should i have un protect sex? And assuming its from 29-1 that am fertile and dont have sex then can be lucky if i have sex between the 15-17th? That 3-4 days before my period on 19th next month?
|

replied June 27th, 2013
Ok ladies, I need some help. We had unprotected sex on the 17th. I took plan B. I was supposed to start my period on the 19-21 (it's always between those day).. Here we are on the 27th and no period? Am I likely pregnant? Nothing is showing up on tests.
|