Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

Can I Get An Std Or Herpes Or Anything If Iam Getting Head?

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
Iam curious. Ive had oral sex done for me various times, if the girl had anything couldit have passed to me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 23rd, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
Yes.
|

replied December 23rd, 2005
cd998776 wrote:
yes.

all of them? Std, herpes? You must be shitting me!
|

replied December 26th, 2005
Both. Herpes or any other std, including hiv.
|

replied December 30th, 2005
Experienced User
Yes, But Under Certain Conditions
If she has a cut in her mouth, then yes. If u have a cut on ur dick, also u can get.
|

replied January 1st, 2006
cd998776 wrote:
both. Herpes or any other std, including hiv.

hmmm. I'd like to clarify the hiv thing a bit. Hiv would be quite low here.

I read that there's never been a clear incident of oral hiv transmission. The *estimated* risk is like 1 in 10000 with somebody known to be hiv positive.

Having said that, you biggest concern is herpes. Type 1 is the kind that is generally on the mouth and causes cold sores. Type 2 is the genital type. However, either type can show up in either place. Its just that type 1 has an easier time on the mouth and type 2 on the genitals. Its possible to pass it.

Other stuff is possible. I'd say just try to be careful and not worry about it excessively.
|

mrjsmith wrote:
cd998776 wrote:

hmmm. I'd like to clarify the hiv thing a bit. Hiv would be quite low here. I read that there's never been a clear incident of oral hiv transmission. The *estimated* risk is like 1 in 10000 with somebody known to be hiv positive.

Having said that, you biggest concern is herpes. Type 1 is the kind that is generally on the mouth and causes cold sores. Type 2 is the genital type. However, either type can show up in either place. Its just that type 1 has an easier time on the mouth and type 2 on the genitals. Its possible to pass it.

Other stuff is possible. I'd say just try to be careful and not worry about it excessively.

the question wasn't, "how likely is it to happen," but rather "could it happen?"
|

Right. However, its also possible that you'll win the lottery or be hit by a meteor. Statistically you have a much better chance of winning the lottery. Statistically, its safer to stay in and have oral sex than it would be to go outside and walk down the street, if we're talking about hiv. You are more likely to be hit by a car or be mugged. (this assumes you don't know your partner is infected, obvioulsy. Unprotected sex of any type with an hiv+ partner is a really bad idea, even at 1 in 10000).

Life involves risk. I'm not a bush basher, but I find it odd that there are ads for the army all over the place, but the "party line" is abstinence. Government approved literature, etc, will point out that its "possible" to contract hiv from oral sex. Last I checked, they don't point out that its almost impossible, and there isn't a confirmed oral only case known (again, I have read that, but I have not thoroughly researched that claim. See the site I posted).

Not to sound combative, but I think people are a little too freaked out about sex. Be careful, but have fun. Just telling somebody "its possible to contract hiv from oral sex" might prevent them from having oral sex. The chance that oral sex with a person will result in hiv transmission, when you don't know if they're infected, and that person does not engage in high risk activity, is astronomically low. So why do we want to prevent people from having oral sex?

So, in summary, I think the statement is misleading. You were quick to correct me. I would think, in the pursuit of truth, that you'd be quick to back up my statement and echo it. That, essentially, its possible to contract hiv from oral sex, but highly, highly unlikely.
|

Experienced User
cd998776 wrote:
mrjsmith wrote:
cd998776 wrote:

hmmm. I'd like to clarify the hiv thing a bit. Hiv would be quite low here. I read that there's never been a clear incident of oral hiv transmission. The *estimated* risk is like 1 in 10000 with somebody known to be hiv positive.

the question wasn't, "how likely is it to happen," but rather "could it happen?"

yes ppl, come on! Think, use the right answeres!Lol
|