Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Abdominal Muscle Tear

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Just curious to hear from anyone who has had a severe abdominal muscle tear/strain/rupture. What did pain feel like? How did you treat? Leangth of time it took to recover and any other info worth sharing.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper mizzle
|

replied September 28th, 2008
abdominal muscle tear
I think I may have a tear in my lower back.
I fell hard while jumping my dirtbike a week ago. I hit the hard-packed dirt from a bout 6 feet at about 20 mph, landing on my right lower back.
The pain was very intense and I was unable to continue riding.
I went to Urgent Care and had an x-ray. Nothing broken, pain meds and relaxers prescribed.

Anyway, the pain that I now have is similar to pulling off a large scab, but internal. Very sharp and burning.
It only happens when I twist my lower back wrong, or try to lie on the affected side.
I'm guessing it's a tear, and am trying not to reinjure it.
I've been alternating ice packs and heating pad, with mixed results.

Is this similar to what you have?
|

replied March 30th, 2009
Abdominal Muscle Tear
for me was when i had to do sit ups..because in Singapore we have to do our proficiency tests..so i did my stretchings..and did 43 situps in one minute..pain was there but not for long..but it was not until few days later when i tried to throw a ball that i felt a "tear" in my abs..i actually felt it "tear" from the left side of my abs and all the way to the right..it was unbearable..coughing,sneezing and lying down on my back was hard as the pain was IMMEDIATELY felt..sleeping was uncomfortable as i had to coil up like a baby just so that i wont feel the pain..
|

replied April 12th, 2011
I'll appreciate ur answer a lot
hi how you doing? I just have two questions for you. have you recover from it? and can one actually heal and be able to exercise as before the tear?
|

replied April 12th, 2011
I'll appreciate ur answer a lot
hi how you doing? I just have two questions for you. have you recover from it? and can one actually heal and be able to exercise as before the tear?
|

replied April 23rd, 2009
abdominal tear
i tore from above the belly button all the way down to the top of the groin muscle, 8 months of physical therapy and i still cant lift a gallon of milk without pain and spasms. doctors dont know what else to do. so workmans comp is cancelling me! help what else can i do? i just want to get better!
|

replied November 5th, 2009
extreme pain...tender to touch...I had a CT Scan and am bleeding into muscle. Tell your trainer, (if it applies) that you CAN'T do any more...Recovery??? Still going through it. P.S. It Sucks
|

replied October 31st, 2011
abdominal muscle tear
I had a bad tear front ab and intercostal, pain was so bad I thought I had broken a rib, anyway I rested it for 2weeks, but wasn't getting better, so carried on resting it as much as poss and received ultrasound and used an inferential tens machine twice a day for 30mins! Within a couple of weeks it has slowly been getting better! Get the treatment asap!!!
|

replied February 19th, 2013
ABDOMINAL TEAR AFTER 3 CHILDREN
hI EVERYONE
MY SISTER HAD 3 CHILDREN AND THEY WERE ALMOST TEN.12 POUNDS, ONE WAS 9 POUNDS THE OTHER OVER 8, SHE IS NOT A BIG MADE PERSON, SHE HAD A BIG STOMACH HARD, WENT TO ONE DOCOR WHO SAID NOT TO WORRY, THE OTHER DID A ULTRA SOUND AND SAID SHE HAS A TEAR AND WILL HAVE TO DO PLASTIC SURGERY, AS SHE WAS EXERCISING TO LOSE THE STOMACH BUT EVEN THOUGH SHE LOST WEIGH EVERYWHERE ELSE HER STOMACH DID NOT GO DOWN AND EVERYONE THINKS SHE IS REGNANT DUE TO THIS, SHE IS 65 KILOS ABOUT 5FT 3 INS TALL WE ARE WORRIED AND WANT TO KNOW F ANYONE HAD GONE THROUGH THIS ROCEDURE, THANKS AND GOD BLESS
AND 8 L
|

hI EVERYONE
MY SISTER HAD 3 CHILDREN AND THEY WERE ALMOST TEN.12 POUNDS, ONE WAS 9 POUNDS THE OTHER OVER 8, SHE IS NOT A BIG MADE PERSON, SHE HAD A BIG STOMACH HARD, WENT TO ONE DOCOR WHO SAID NOT TO WORRY, THE OTHER DID A ULTRA SOUND AND SAID SHE HAS A TEAR AND WILL HAVE TO DO PLASTIC SURGERY, AS SHE WAS EXERCISING TO LOSE THE STOMACH BUT EVEN THOUGH SHE LOST WEIGH EVERYWHERE ELSE HER STOMACH DID NOT GO DOWN AND EVERYONE THINKS SHE IS REGNANT DUE TO THIS, SHE IS 65 KILOS ABOUT 5FT 3 INS TALL WE ARE WORRIED AND WANT TO KNOW F ANYONE HAD GONE THROUGH THIS ROCEDURE, THANKS AND GOD BLESS
AND 8 L
|

hI EVERYONE
AND 8 L
|