Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Lists

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Does anyone know where I can find a list on the internet or anything of everything I need for my baby..And things I should be doing to prepare..Im makin my own but I dunno what im leaving out

i found out yesterday im having a boy!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2005
Especially eHealthy
Pretty much every online registry site has a list of things you "need" for baby. You could also try googling it. That's what I did when I found out that I was pregnant. Then I talked to friends and relatives who looked over the list and who told me what I actually did need and what was crap....
|

replied December 23rd, 2005
Experienced User
I don't know about a list on the internet, but here is what I bought:

infant tylenol
nose bulb
onesies
receiving blankets
crib , or bassinet at first
stroller
carseat (alot of places like walmart, have the carseat and stroller combos, they are cheaper that way.)
pacifer
formula on hand, if you aren't going to breastfeed
lots of diapers, they go through them fast, so stockpile
blankets
wipes
the tummy drops...Mylecon (sp??)
a bouncy chair is great, they have the one's that vibrate now
a swing
bottles (even if you breastfeed)
breast pump (if you choose to breastfeed)
diaper rash cream
baby shampoo

i know it is overwhelming at first. I recommend having a baby shower, to get some help getting the stuff you need. I loved picking out baby stuff. Good luck sweetie!
|

User Profile
replied December 23rd, 2005
Community Volunteer
Google..New baby checklist. There's a bunch.

To add to the previous post

baby bath
baby towels
soap
crib sheets and crib set (blanket/bumper pads)
socks
hats
clothes (some 0-3month stuff but 3 month+ stuff is likely to last longer, cause they outgrow the lil stuff fast!!!)
sleepers
baby moniter
nail clippers
baby brush

and you'll need more as he/she gets older.
|