Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Semen Dies When It Hits the Air?

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
I have been reading post and I hear people saying semen dies when it hits the air. I dont think this is true. I went to yahoo and it took me to different websites and they said semen doesnt die as soon as it hits the air it could live for up to five hours. So is it possible to get pregnant by rubbing it in your vagina if he cums on your stomach. I found this interesting because I read a post by girl name wildfire and she said she was doing this I just found it strange. I not trying to say anything bad about her I was just curious if it is possible to get pregnant by this

chrystal
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Darling
|

replied December 19th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Your right semen does not (caps) die when it hits air. Even air enters the vagina and if this were true then no one would be able to get pregnant! As long as they are semi-lubricated they can as you said stay alive for approximately 5 hours (give or take some time as well as taking into consideration your actions throughout those hours). This myth is a huge misconception!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply