Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

I Think I Might Be Bisexual (Page 1)

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Didnt know whether the hell to put this so here goes neways.
About two years ago I started feelin more than friends for this girl, about a year ago I started to have feelings for more than that one girl - its nearly every attractive girl.
Me and my bf are always joking about me liking other girls, however he doesnt know how I really feel and ive joked before about it and he didnt like it. Hes scared ill lose interest in men all together.
Im wondering tho is it hormones becasue I am only 16 or cud it be real..And do I tell him?
Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 21st, 2005
Yikes!! I dont mean to scare you but being gay is not something to be proud of.. Stay away from other grls... Its in the best of intrest for you and your bf if you think you two have a serious relationship..Think about it the only place you can be gay without getting looked at funny is in a gay bar, or at your own home.. Seriously do you want to live the rest of your life hiding in bars and at home..?? I guess thats just how I feel on the matter.. If you dont agree, sorry I wasted your time... :) better luck with your next response..
|

Anyone got ne non-homophobic views on the matter?
|

Extremely eHealthy
It is okay to be bisexual. I am bi-sexual and marrying a wonderful man. You see this is how I explain my views to him, because he wondered if I may want a woman later instead. I fall in love with a person, not a gender. If I fall in love with a woman, then she is my love, and I remain monogamous. Same with a man. I happened to fall in love with a man, but I have been with a woman. We grew apart as she went to college far away in another state, we were very close and it was sad, but I recovered.
|

Thanx 4 ur comment, altho quick question how do I actuali meantion how I feel about women rather than jokin all the time cuz he doesnt always get subtlness
|

Extremely eHealthy
Well we talked about past relationships ..I was getting a divorce..He was out of a bad relationship for about 2+ years, so we just discussed things. I told him that I had dated a woman, and I explained that I liked him and would not cheat. I have found that being open and honest is the best policy.
|

replied December 22nd, 2005
Bi-sexuality, and homosexuality is a choice. You are not born that way!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
And your homophobic views are not welcome. I certainly do not choose to be attracted to females, any more than I choose to be attracted to men!!!
|

Nicely sed carifairy just cuz u dnt like the idea u cant help being attracted to the opp sex can u wel its the same!
|

replied December 23rd, 2005
Read your bible people. It's just plain wrong. It's a choice, sweehearts, whether you want to admit it or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|

replied December 23rd, 2005
By the way, my views are not homophobic. Homophobia is a man-made word, i.E. Excuse, for how you choose to live your life. I live my life according to the word of god!!!!
|

replied December 26th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Not everyone believes in christianity, and it is ignorant to think that everyone should.
|

Experienced User
Hi fudgecake. I don't know if you are bisexual, but there is nothing wrong with it if you are. I was in very long, monogamous same sex relationships in the past, although I am now married in a heterosexual relationship.

There are a number of gay youth organisations. You might find one where you live--is there a gay community centre near you? Or you might be able to talk to other young gay people on the internet. Most people your age are, like you, just wondering if they might be gay or bisexual, so most of the people you meet will be having the same kind of questions as you and won't pressure you into declaring that you are gay or bi. (i belonged to a gay, lesbian and bi youth group when I was younger, so I know what i'm talking about.)

just be very careful when talking to people on the internet.
|

Gay and lesbian youth group!!!!!!!!! Now that's an oxy-person!!!!!!!!
|

I am not saying everyone should be a christian, but you should believe in god, and god says it's wrong!
|

Experienced User
I am by no means bi-sexual, but if you think you are, then there is no reason why you should hide it or feel ashamed. I mean, this is you! If you can talk to your boyfriend about it, maybe that would help..It may just be a phase you are going thru. I am sorry other people on here, are so conservative!!
|

Experienced User
Also, don't feel like you "have to go read your bible", unless you want to! Yes, reading a bible is always a good thing, if you have a belief system, if not, then it isn't for you. However, a bible isn't going to be able to "tell" you whom you can/can't be attracted to. You can learn lessons, such as a man and woman were created to be with one another, but physical attraction is more deep than what you know can/can't be "the right thing to do..." which would explain why even some christians cheat on their spouses; in the bible that would be committing adultry, however again, I am not for cheating, but it would certainly go to explain how physical attraction can over-step "the right thing to do."

again, don't feel like you have to be someone you aren't.
|

Experienced User
mbreeggemann wrote:
yikes!! I dont mean to scare you but being gay is not something to be proud of.. Stay away from other grls... Its in the best of intrest for you and your bf if you think you two have a serious relationship..Think about it the only place you can be gay without getting looked at funny is in a gay bar, or at your own home.. Seriously do you want to live the rest of your life hiding in bars and at home..?? I guess thats just how I feel on the matter.. If you dont agree, sorry I wasted your time... :) better luck with your next response..

this is a very rude thing to say, this is a young woman looking for help,
|

Experienced User
Peewee, do you know what an oxymoron is?

Why would a gay and lesbian youth group be one?

Are you saying there are no young gays or lesbians? Even though you may not like them, you can't deny that they exist. Why wouldn't a group of young people with something in common want to form a group to support each other?

And for those of you who say that sexual preference is a choice, please let us know when you chose to become heterosexual.
|

It's an oxymoron because gay and lesbian and youth group, i.E., church, can't possibly go hand in hand. It's against god!
|