Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Tingling Gums

Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....
Hello I have had a tingling to my gums on my bottom front teeth this has been going on now for like a week. Also I looked at the back portion of my teeth and my gum goes down a little lower and slightly discolored. I feel a great urge also to chew on stuff. This all began once after brushing my teeth and I believed I brushed to hard.Im only 21 yrs old and a begginging model and only make about 500 a month and have no money left over to see a dentis after food and bills. Does anyone know what could be wrong and any way I could have some kind of financial aid to help me! Thanks so much!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 21st, 2005
First of all try to change your tooth brush. It must be more tender. Buy some liquid to swallow your mouth which contains herbage and some special paste. I advice to read some information about vitamines which can improove your gums condition and change your ration. Anyway it can help, but not remove your simpthoms. Ussualy dantist cover teeth with special varnish in such a cases, or even put special fillings in oreder to improove gums' condition.
Try to cure yourself, but the dantist's help is the best solution!
|

replied September 1st, 2009
I have had the same tingling in my lower front teeth and I notice the tingling increases when I put pressure on my teeth. I have been thinking for a while now that it has something to do with my teeth being too crowded a there for moving around but I'm not sure. when I did get braces and retainers after I don't remember having the tingling. how ever now that I have stopped using my retainers for a month or so now the tingling feeling has come back. I'm not really sure if it is my teeth moving around but this is just what I'm thinking it could be.
|

replied October 3rd, 2010
i have it and its co irritating. I dont know what to do to stop the sensation now?? its driving me mad. I dont think its gum disease and i dont or havnt ever wore brases. id really like to know what it it??? xx
|

replied November 6th, 2010
Hi mines been tingling over a month now. I think it started after used a mouth wash. Do anyone have a cure out there?
|

replied June 28th, 2013
HI there, i have had the same problem for most of my life. my dentist told me that it is a virus that lays dormant for a while about 85% of people have this. it's kind of like a herpes virus. my gums get red sometimes. anyway if you do get sores in you mouth from it then you should go get antibiotics. He prescribed me with Codeine for the "pain" i found that eating cold things such as ice or popsicles helps. well i hope this helps you out.
|

replied October 3rd, 2011
my gums tingle too and i remembering it starting after a judo match. it was a very exhausting match and thats when mine started and itll do it on and off every now and then
|

replied October 10th, 2011
I have this a lot and have had it for some time. usually it only lasts for 1 to 2 days and starts up because I floss or brush too hard, or if I've had a recent dental appointment where they've scraped and cleaned the teeth. I think it may in fact be gum disease. Pretty sure that's what mine is, but if you're gums don't bleed then you may just have sensitive teeth. Some things that can help are rinsing with baking soda or warm salt water to lessen the aggravation and I've heard some allergy medicines work too. The way I get rid of it though, is by not touching, pressing on, or aggravating the teeth at all. I know it may be hard considering how incredibly maddening it gets, but if you push on them or play with them they'll continue to itch and tingle. Don't touch them for a day or so and it'll probably go away on its own.
|

replied October 10th, 2012
Tingeling on the lower gums
My son is nine-years-old and two days ago developed a large blistering on the out side of his lower lip. We began applying some essential oil and the blister has gone down. A day later (the oil is definitly not there any longer), today, he is complaining of a strong tingeling sensation on his gums (lower front teeth area). Seems so strange.
|