pls help me with this...My hands are very very dry...My fingers have distinct wrinkles on them..Which make them really really rough..I am too scared to hold a girl's hand because of this...I been to the doctor regarding this. The doctor gave me some cream but it didnt help..
Is there any way I can get back the smoothness of my palm????
Pls help me..
Hey, my boyfriend has the same problem. He uses a cream by neutrogena (sp?) ...I don't remember what its called but it has norwegian and fisherman in the name. Good luck...
And personally, coming from a girl...I don't really mind if his hands are rough
He uses it everyday and it helps, but he uses his hands alot at work (he's a construction worker). He always has his hands in cement or scaping them on wood...So his hands aren't really that smooth..But it really helps the dryness. I'm sure if you're not as rough on your hands as he is, it will help alot more
1) drink more water and stay hydrated. Dry hands are a sign of dehydration and dry skin. You might be outdoors, sweating a lot, or performing hard, manual labour. No matter what, drink plenty of water (not soda, milk, or fruit juice).
2) use a good hydrating moisturizing lotion on your hands and face every day; avoid oil-based ones for they tend to clog pores.
3) don't overwash your hands; wash them when necessary and avoid using extremely hot water. Luke warm water is sufficient.
4) wear gloves if you work with your hands a lot.
5) if you smoke, stop smoking. Smoking also dehydrates your body and dessicates your skin cells.
I don't mind holding my husband's rough hands, but in the throes of passion.. Ouch.
Take a half cup of oil or lotion and add enough sugar or salt to make a grainy paste. Rub it all over your hands for a few minutes. If you have time and this isn't too girly, put a pair of gloves on over the paste and leave it there as long as possible (i do this overnight). Then wash it off and apply cream or lotion. You will feel results right away and if you do it once a week or so it will keep them feeling that way. And keep using the cream and getting lots of water too!
you know, you might want to try getting a manicure. The have some incredible hand massaging techniques, and use this heated glove with some pretty viscous stuff to enhance the the softness on your hand. Don't worry about it being too girly. Just have it done once, and you'll be amazed at the results. Having dry cracked hands aren't so bad, but it doesn't work too well in the bedroom. ;-(