Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Conditions Forum

Really Really Dry

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
Guys,
pls help me with this...My hands are very very dry...My fingers have distinct wrinkles on them..Which make them really really rough..I am too scared to hold a girl's hand because of this...I been to the doctor regarding this. The doctor gave me some cream but it didnt help..

Is there any way I can get back the smoothness of my palm????
Pls help me..
Cheers
bruce
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 20th, 2005
Experienced User
Hey, my boyfriend has the same problem. He uses a cream by neutrogena (sp?) ...I don't remember what its called but it has norwegian and fisherman in the name. Good luck...
And personally, coming from a girl...I don't really mind if his hands are rough
|

replied December 20th, 2005
Thanks for the reply...I will try that cream...We have it here in australia...I have used hamilton dry skin treatment....It didnt help...

Does ur bf have to use that cream everyday??? I mean is this a temporary solution or a permanent one????

Thanks again for the reply...
Cheers,
bruce
|

replied December 21st, 2005
Experienced User
He uses it everyday and it helps, but he uses his hands alot at work (he's a construction worker). He always has his hands in cement or scaping them on wood...So his hands aren't really that smooth..But it really helps the dryness. I'm sure if you're not as rough on your hands as he is, it will help alot more
|

User Profile
replied December 21st, 2005
Supporter
Just to reassure you, soft hands aren't a priority when I look for a guy. We really dont mind:)

my friend uses either a neutrogena or nivea one... The simple ones are the best, nothing too fancy. There's always palmers as well. That stuff's good
|

replied December 22nd, 2005
Thanks girls for the reply...That was really of help...I will try that cream asap.....Hope it helps...........
Thanks again,
bruce
|

replied December 22nd, 2005
Experienced User
Some medical suggestions from a physician:

1) drink more water and stay hydrated. Dry hands are a sign of dehydration and dry skin. You might be outdoors, sweating a lot, or performing hard, manual labour. No matter what, drink plenty of water (not soda, milk, or fruit juice).

2) use a good hydrating moisturizing lotion on your hands and face every day; avoid oil-based ones for they tend to clog pores.

3) don't overwash your hands; wash them when necessary and avoid using extremely hot water. Luke warm water is sufficient.

4) wear gloves if you work with your hands a lot.

5) if you smoke, stop smoking. Smoking also dehydrates your body and dessicates your skin cells.
|

replied December 25th, 2005
Thanks a lot for that suggestion....Yeah..I guess I have been missing out on water for a while...I will try that..
Thanks again
bruce
|

replied December 26th, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
bruce_almighty wrote:
thanks a lot for that suggestion....Yeah..I guess I have been missing out on water for a while...I will try that..

Thanks again
bruce

water is very important!
|

replied December 30th, 2005
Good one cd.
|

replied February 22nd, 2006
Exfoliate!
I don't mind holding my husband's rough hands, but in the throes of passion.. Ouch.

Take a half cup of oil or lotion and add enough sugar or salt to make a grainy paste. Rub it all over your hands for a few minutes. If you have time and this isn't too girly, put a pair of gloves on over the paste and leave it there as long as possible (i do this overnight). Then wash it off and apply cream or lotion. You will feel results right away and if you do it once a week or so it will keep them feeling that way. And keep using the cream and getting lots of water too!

Good luck.
|

replied February 23rd, 2006
Thanks for the reply....I will try that
|

replied March 14th, 2006
Dry Hands
Hey bruce,
you know, you might want to try getting a manicure. The have some incredible hand massaging techniques, and use this heated glove with some pretty viscous stuff to enhance the the softness on your hand. Don't worry about it being too girly. Just have it done once, and you'll be amazed at the results. Having dry cracked hands aren't so bad, but it doesn't work too well in the bedroom. ;-(
|
Tags: cream
Quick Reply