Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

Abortion - What Kind of Medication...? Before It And After I

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
I need to have a abortion.. But im scard... Ho long can I wait... And is hr another way of gettin it removd rather than an abortion?
Wht kind of medication wud I have to take after it? Coz I live in a muslim asian country... And with my big joint family ( who r relle nosy) I gotta take precations tht no1 notices ! It thr anything tht might show I had an abortion? I heard ppl bleed for a mnth post abortion.. Is tht true? And wht actually happenes wen sum1 has a abortion? Can any1 plz help me out plzzzzzzzzzzzzz? I am 2 months far.. Thnxx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 18th, 2005
Extremely eHealthy
Okay at 2 months you would have a surgical abortion. After an abortion they would give you a few pills to take at home. They may give you birth control pills(helps with bleeding after an abortion and normalizs hormones), antibiotics(prevent infections) and methergine.(helps stop bleeding by making your uterus contract back down to normal size) noone has to know you had an abortion unless you get special pain medicine during your abortion, because you cannot drive after being put to sleep. Many clinics like for you to have a ride home anyway because it is good to rest.

*** how an abortion is done.
1) they will put you to sleep if you are able to have the medications.
2) they insert a speculum just like a regular female exam
3) they also insert a tenaculum which hold your cervix and uterus still
4)they clean your vagina and outer labia with antiseptic to prevent infection. (much like other types of surgery.)
5) they will dilate your cervix using small metal or plastic rods. They will dilate it to about the size of a bal point pen.(a bit smaller)
6)they insert a suction cannula and remove the pregnancy.

This is pretty much a basic description of what happens.
|

User Profile
replied December 19th, 2005
Advanced Support Team
If you need someone to talk to we are here for you... The poster before me pretty much explained it all...
|

replied December 23rd, 2005
Active User, very eHealthy
I wouldn't wait much longer. The sooner it is done, the safer it is and the less hurdles you have to jump (depending on your location).
Best of luck and keep us posted.
Peace,
jenn
|

sunshine424 wrote:
carifairy wrote:
okay at 2 months you would have a surgical abortion. After an abortion they would give you a few pills to take at home. They may give you birth control pills(helps with bleeding after an abortion and normalizs hormones), antibiotics(prevent infections) and methergine.(helps stop bleeding by making your uterus contract back down to normal size) noone has to know you had an abortion unless you get special pain medicine during your abortion, because you cannot drive after being put to sleep. Many clinics like for you to have a ride home anyway because it is good to rest.

4)they clean your vagina and outer labia with antiseptic to prevent infection. (much like other types of surgery.)
5) they will dilate your cervix using small metal or plastic rods. They will dilate it to about the size of a bal point pen.(a bit smaller)

wonderful. Sounds so nice. :roll:
to someone who is dealing with the stress of an unintended pregnancy, it is wonderful. In fact, the description just doesn't do it justice at all.
|

Experienced User
jenn_smithson wrote:
sunshine424 wrote:
carifairy wrote:
okay at 2 months you would have a surgical abortion. After an abortion they would give you a few pills to take at home. They may give you birth control pills(helps with bleeding after an abortion and normalizs hormones), antibiotics(prevent infections) and methergine.(helps stop bleeding by making your uterus contract back down to normal size) noone has to know you had an abortion unless you get special pain medicine during your abortion, because you cannot drive after being put to sleep. Many clinics like for you to have a ride home anyway because it is good to rest.

to someone who is dealing with the stress of an unintended pregnancy, it is wonderful. In fact, the description just doesn't do it justice at all.

yea. You keep telling yourself that queen.
Your description is "vague" i'm sure. No words describe the violence and inhumane disgust the procedure entails.
|

replied January 5th, 2006
sunshine424 wrote:
jenn_smithson wrote:
sunshine424 wrote:
carifairy wrote:

yea. You keep telling yourself that queen.
please, "queen" is not necessary. A simply "your highness" will suffice.
Quote:
your description is "vague" i'm sure.
it wasn't my description at all but was cari's and she managed to spotlight in easily understood terms the way the procedure is performed. Any other, more in depth questions regarding the procedure can and should be answered by the actual provider.
Quote:
no words describe the violence and inhumane disgust the procedure entails.
you are the one who finds the procedure "violent" and "inhumane". I, for one, find the prospect of illegal abortions much more violent and inhumane. But then, I actually consider .Women to be human beings in the first place and worth more than the possible contents of their uterus'. More to that same point, I believe .Women are moral agents capable of making the best decision possible for themselves, their families, and their communities in an otherwise stressful time. I trust .Women.
|

replied December 7th, 2013
What happen if i didnt took any bills after...?
What happen if i didnt took any bills after...?

what happen if you didnt took any bills after your abortion will that cost me any damage or i cant have any kids for i didnt took anything for my abortion an i miss my appointment for it is it to late for me to take em now i was in depressin situation cause i was bein force to do something i didnt want
|