I share your fear. What if.... Is always at the back of your mind because you care for your newborn and don't want to hurt it. You are smart to have taken a cpr course specifically for babies. When I was twelve my mom had my sister and she choked on a scotch mint at 13 months old. Having taken a "babysitters" course in school I reacted quickly and responsibly, thank goodness. I took charge of the situation and saved her life. I am thankful I had some training in cpr at that time so I had an idea of what to do. Best advice: stay calm. It's most important at that time. Also, the people at 911 are very helpful. Please don't worry, if and when the time comes you'll know what to do.