Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Plaque Like Deposits, Throat Polyps??????????

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
I've been getting these yellowish plaque like deposits in the back of my throat for at least 8 months. They emerge out of these bumpy ,blister type bumps in the back of my throat . Sometimes there will be a couple at a time. Other times there will be just one big one, but I usually discover at least one every week. I smoked cigarettes from age 16 to 20, ending off at a rate of 2 packs a day, and then have smoked mini cigars at a rate of one a day, which I do inhale, up until the present, at which I am 23. I also have some dental issues that might factor in. I had some fillings that had fallen out, exposing the gumline in some spots even, a few years ago. I feel that I am at a pretty high risk for infection and disease since these exposures could offer a direct path to the bloodstream for unwanted infections and the like. Any insight on either of these issues would be much appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile TMJWorld
|

replied December 17th, 2007
Same Here
I have been getting these small rock-shaped deposits in the back of my throat in the same little fold in my throat. I have to sort of gag myself to make them come up and they stink. What are they??? And why do they go there??
|

User Profile
replied December 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
This is called tonsil cheese. Its merely your body spitting out bacteria---your tonsils are part of the lymphatic system. the lymphatic systems job is to fight disease. this is why you have these. its nothing to worry about. I get it all the time. the dental issues have nothing to do with it except for that you have the high risk for infection--its just your body expelling it from the body and protecting itself.
|

replied July 16th, 2013
I have had this embarrassing problem for years. It causes build up on my tongue and bad breath. What can I do to treat, lessen or cure this problem?
|

replied March 12th, 2008
Smile I myself have been stricken by the plaque rocks, I also referred to my mother and she replied( It's normal) not what I wanted to hear. I did a sort of process of elimanation on diet. And it turned out the first food that I eliminated was the culprit. White enriched Bread!!!!!! I now eat Whole Grain bread, And have not had a problem ever since. (2 years to be exact)
|

replied July 7th, 2010
They are called tonsiliths...google it. Smile
|