Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Second Trimester of Pregnancy Forum

Everytime I brush my teeth I feel like throwing up

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Everytime I brush my teeth I feel like throwing up. I had major morning sickness i'm pretty much over it. I dread brushing my teeth because I about gag and sometime hurl when I do. Anybody have any suggestions or going through the same thing?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 14th, 2005
Experienced User
I can understand where you coming from there, I start gagging whenever something is anywhere near the back of my month (i was actually gagging on my toast this morning) try brushing your teeth when your in the shower (don't ask me why) but this actually seemed to help or you could just try doing sometime else while brushing them. Good luck
|

replied July 10th, 2009
Try using a toothbrush w/ a smaller head. I actually purchased a child's toothbrush and it's definitely helped with the gagging/throwing up response I get when brushing my teeth.
|

replied August 12th, 2009
Yeah, I also have the same thing with me which happens every morning. I know our breath is not fresh every morning so I toothbrush before I eat and when I do that, I feel like throwing up. I noticed it only happens when I haven't eaten anything. Sometimes you only feel like vomiting when you have pushed your toothbrush too deep in your mouth that you almost swallow it. So, what I did was, I just brush my tongue not too deep.
|

replied December 21st, 2011
using a tooth brush with a smaller hear but still feeling nauseous and especially after i have drunk tea and then i go to brush i just want to gag. Almost everything i eat makes me want to gag is this normal
|