Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Racing Heart And Sweats : anxiety ?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
My husband woke up a week ago in tears, scared. His heart was racing and he was sweating. We rushed to the er and they said he has anxiety. He was given paxil. For 2 days he was himself, then he layed in bed for 2 days sweating. His symptoms are... Racing heart, trouble breathing, hot spells, tingling in fingers. I would love to know what is going on. His doctor doesn't seem to pin point his problems. This started about 4 years ago when we were on vacation and comes and goes. We thought he got food poisoning, but the feeling comes back every so often. Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 19th, 2011
shaking hands, racing heart, sweats
I have no idea what this is, but I have it too. My hands shake, heart races, start sweating and feel ill. I went to my doctor and he is sending me to a cardiologist. I have extremely low blood pressure and he thinks they are related. He feels that there is a lack of blood flow and my heart has to kick in to get it pumping. It is very sporadic and when it happens, it is always the same and some times the fingers tingle.
|
Did you find this post helpful?