Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Can Someone Share Your Clomid Experience

Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
Hi, I am new in this forum. Am terribly depressed as I have been trying for 3 years. I was on clomid for one cycle and went to see the gynea on the 10th day after my period. My eggs were still very small about 12 mm. The gynea told me that I am not responding to clomid and will be increaseing the dosage to 150mg for the next cycle. Anyway, I need some support and advise if anyone can share your clomid experiences ?Should I try to monitor my ovulation now or wait for my period?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 12th, 2005
Experienced User
I would still monitor your cycle...I have been on clomid twice. I ovulated both times, not very high quality eggs though. I was only on 50mg though. I would continue to have sex and monitor ovulation, as clomid makes you ovulate a little later than normal (for most women). What cycle days did you take it? If you took it cd 3-7 it can make your eggs a poorer quality, but produce more eggs. Whereas cd 5-9 produces less eggs but of better quality. I wouldn't say this cycle was a bust. I ovulated on cd 21 my 1st round and cd 17 my 2nd. Good luck!!!
|

replied December 12th, 2005
Experienced User
Thank you for advise. I took it on the 2nd day for 5 days. I am diagnose with pcos and endrometrosis. Am wondering if my chances are very slim? The gynea is expecting me to ovaluate on the 14th day and suggested an iui actually. But then on the 12th day when I went back my eggs are still too small. Growing at 1 mm a day!!!!
|

replied October 3rd, 2006
Re: Can Someone Share Your Clomid Experience
debb75 wrote:
hi, I am new in this forum. Am terribly depressed as I have been trying for 3 years. I was on clomid for one cycle and went to see the gynea on the 10th day after my period. My eggs were still very small about 12 mm. The gynea told me that I am not responding to clomid and will be increaseing the dosage to 150mg for the next cycle. Anyway, I need some support and advise if anyone can share your clomid experiences ?Should I try to monitor my ovulation now or wait for my period?

i currently on clomid with the iui this is my 3rd. Iui we are hopping this is the one before this I did clomid by itself and did not work either hang in ther I know it's hard but just think of how many blessings you have already and a child would just be adding toall the others.
|

replied November 11th, 2009
HELP! Im so worried and want to know about Clomid!
Hi...my doctor has just put me on Clomid and my first day to take it was actually today. They told me that my estrogen levels came back low and that is why they wanted to put me on Clomid. They only have me on a 25mg dosage until they have my temperatures from this months cycle, which I have to turn in on cycle day 18. Does anyone know what my chances to concieve are, with low estrogen levels?
|

replied June 1st, 2010
Clomid................
I did one clomid cyle of 50mg per day for five days. When I went in for testing, the Doctor said My body did not respond to the Clomid, so we will do another round of Clomid, but this time at 100mg per day for five days. When I went in for blood testing on CD 17 the Doctor said that I had responded to the Clomid and scheduled Me to come in for an ultrasound on CD 20 and possibly Mt trigger shot. Well, when I went in for the ultrasound the ultrasound technician said that there are a couple of eggs, but they are very small, so I had more blood work done and am now waiting for the Doctor to call Me this afternoon. Anyone else in this boat? Thank You! Smile
|