Medical Questions > Womens Health > Hysterectomy Forum

Hysterectomy Can We Have Sex Befor 6 Weeks (Page 1)

Must Read
Is ovarian cancer connected with ovarian cysts? What types of ovarian cancer do doctors diagnose? Get the basic facts on ovarian cancer here....
Some women are at higher risk of developing ovarian cancer. Who is in the highest risk group and what can you do to reduce risk of ovarian cancer?...
Ovarian cancer symptoms can be vague or caused by many other conditions. Learn what to look for and know when to seek help for ovarian cancer here....
Its been 3 weeks is it ok to have anal and oral sex
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper nervouswreck0131
|

replied September 26th, 2003
Probably not. You have not completely healed, there is an increased chance of infection. Sex can wait...Don't risk your life! That is the only body god gives, take care of it. If he can't deal with that, then shame on him.
|

replied October 2nd, 2003
Re: Hysterectomy Can We Have Sex Befor 6 Weeks
herrons wrote:
its been 3 weeks is it ok to have anal and oral sex

i don't see what would be wrong with oral sex.
You could give him the old hand job, if I were you I wouldn't have anyother sex other than that for the time being, it's just to soon.

Just my 2 cents. Wink
|

replied March 9th, 2006
Wouldn't Risk It
2 weeks after my vaginal hysterectomy, I had this intense longing for my husband. For almost a week we played around both orally and touching each other until we couldn't stand it and he literally slipped in. I can't tell you of the ramifications for it just happened this evening, thus i'm up and worried about it. I'm ashamed to tell my doctor but I feel I probably better. Has anyone had intercourse after 3 weeks, did anything happen because of it. I wish we wouldn't have begun "teasing" each other, I even suggested we start sleeping in seperate beds. Geez, will the next 3 weeks ever get here???
|

replied July 23rd, 2011
I know how you feel, I just had mine a wk and 2 days ago!!! And I can't wait to be able to have sex with my husband again!!! They just don't understand it seems like those 6 wks will never get here!!! For some reason I feel extra horny, maybe it's bc I want to remember what it's lik before all the pain started!!!! And I don't know what to do? My husband understands & waits to wait till we get the ok, but I just don't know if I can!!!! Is that weird?
|

replied December 31st, 2011
sex after a hysterectomy
I am 12 days in and so ready to have sex with my husband!!! I can't help but think 36 more days is extremely long time! I know he can wait but I am not sure I want to...I feel pretty good and I know in healing quick I just don't know if its worth the risk??
|

replied April 4th, 2012
OMG I feel the exact same way. I am exactly 1 would n (26 yrs old mind you) and I want to have sex with my husband sssoooo bad!! I know I have to wait but it is spookier hard...I was thinking about trying n a couple of weeks but I don't want to risk it ;(
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2012
I had an 8" incision across my bikini line for my hysterectomy. I had a very difficult and long 8 week recovery. I waited till the 8 weeks was up and when we finally did it, the pain was horrible. Please know, that you are not healed properly. Nothing is worth messing up your stitches and wounds.

They don't tell you 6 weeks just to deprive you of sex. There is a very good reason...you need to heal.
|

replied April 28th, 2012
it has been 4 1/2weeks since my surgery is it ok to have sex with my husband
|

replied May 18th, 2012
I'm ready to have sex with my husband and it's been 1 wk and 2 days! I'm still a Lil sore but I was told by my dr nothing internally only clitoral stimulation:( I feel great and my external incisions are healed but my internal check up is n 4 wks. It's worth the wait to not tear myself up! He's also willing to wait but I want more than that!! After 6 wks if it's healed inside I'm clear. I would wait for sex till u have confirmation that it's ok, so my husband and I are like newly weds again with heavy petting, just no penetration!
|

replied July 31st, 2012
Sexual intercourse post Abdominal Hysterectomy
I had my surgery 4 weeks ago and it has been really hard to resist my husband. He really has been doing great but, I just had our 5 month old twin boys and he had to wait then too. Yesterday I was just tired of giving head and hand jobs so I gave in. Let me tell you right now, I fully regreted it and was in pain for the next 8 hours. The pain has since resolved its self but ladies trust me when I tell you, wait, wait, wait.
|

replied July 31st, 2012
Sexual intercourse post Abdominal Hysterectomy
I had my surgery 4 weeks ago and it has been really hard to resist my husband. He really has been doing great but, I just had our 5 month old twin boys and he had to wait then too. Yesterday I was just tired of giving head and hand jobs so I gave in. Let me tell you right now, I fully regreted it and was in pain for the next 8 hours. The pain has since resolved its self but ladies trust me when I tell you, wait, wait, wait.
|

replied October 30th, 2012
Is it only me or are everyone else more well, horney than usual. I had my historectomy 2 and half weeks back. But cant take it anymore. Glad to hear oral sex is in order. Wait till i get a hold on him. Hope I stay like this, after 18yrs of marraige we were a bit laking in the sexual department. I almost feel asif we're still dating with the way I want my husband nowadays.
|

replied March 21st, 2013
It has been 5 wks since my hysterectomy. And I ended up giving in this morning. But it was very quick and easy and yet of course I am freaking out wondering if I'm ok. I'm like a lot of women on here too I don't wanna tell my dr cuz I'm afraid to. But I'm not hurting it anything I had a light pink color of blood come out not much and that's all. So I'm hoping I'm ok. There will definitely be no more for another week cuz I'm too scared now. I will worry myself to pieces for the next week.
|

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2013
Community Volunteer
Hi MamaJ5488...I think we were short of the 6 weeks too...However, I would now wait until your exam...I know when I did go in that he found a raw spot and had to cauterize it...Not to worry if he has to do this as it is painless...Either way I am happy all is well...Take care...

Caroline...
|

replied May 21st, 2013
intercourse after hysterectomy
Should have never gon to the internet. I'm 4 weeks post op, full hysterectomy, abdominal. Had intercourse this afternoon. Took it soft and slow. Odd thing is I actually felt better afterwards. No pain, no bleeding. My only big concern now is infection after reading all the comments about semen and bacteria. That I'm worried about...and wished I could have held out. But I couldn't restrain myself...lol
|

replied May 23rd, 2013
sex after hysterectomy
I am 5 weeks and 2 days from having my robotic hysterectomy. My husband and I had sex today. He was so afraid he didnt put hisself in me all the way and he didnt cum inside me. Now, reading all the stories about possible infection, im scared to tell my dr. I had no bleeding and no pain but it did feel weird. I asked him to lets have sex once more but he wouldnt. He said he feels bad that he gave in earlier today.
|

replied May 26th, 2013
i slipped up
I'm upset I had my surgery 4 weeks ago and I had sex yesterday it wasn't ruff he was very gentle and no deep strokes he even pulled out now today I'm sore and I do mean sore we both are clean so a std isn't my concern my abdomen pain is what can I do I feel guilty
|

replied May 26th, 2013
After having sex with my husband, my legs were extremely sore the next day and i had a very small pain in my abdomen. I relaxed and didnt do anything except brush my teeth, shower, and use the restroom...nothing else. He cleaned, cooked, washed clothes, etc. I feel better. No more pain. We actually had sex again today. This time there was no abdominal pain but my legs hurt. I couldn't help myself. Maybe relaxing and doung absolutely nothing for a few days will help.
|

replied July 3rd, 2013
Sex after a hysterectomy
Wow I am at six weeks tomorrow but my doc appt is in 1 week still so I'm reading up on everything and I think I will wait as hard as it is one more week of bjs and handys I guess then I'm gonna tear into him!! Thanks for ALL the stories it is helpful
|

replied July 20th, 2013
I'm freaking out. I'm 4 weeks out and just forced myself on the hubs. Now reading all of this has me terrified. I'm not hurting at all just paranoid now...ugh.
|

replied July 23rd, 2013
Post op TAH- sexual intercourse
TAH-8 days post op today & I just "had to"!!!! After reading all of the risks, I sure wish I had of controlled myself! No pain, bleeding, etc, very gentle & no full penetration. However, now the worrying sets in.... "What if"
|
12 >>
Quick Reply