Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

What Does Implantation Cramping Feel Like? (Page 1)

I am trying to get pregnant and I am having some symptoms that a nurse told me could be implantation cramping. I have never been pregnant before so I have no clue. I am two days late for af. A few days ago I started having some very mild cramping on my right lower right side. I ignored it because I thought it must be my period. Then yesterday I had two really sharp pains on that lower right side. Theses pains lasted like two seconds each and then went away. Today I feel a constant pressure like feeling in the lower middle. Its kind of an achey pressure. Could this be implantaion? I talked to a nurse who says it very well could be but I thought I would ask some people who have actually felt it. I am going to take a hpt tomarro morning and I have a doctors appointment on tuesday. I am just really anxious about it and want answers now. Lol. Patience is easy said then done.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Kansas
|

User Profile
replied December 11th, 2005
Experienced User
I have just taken 3 tests and have gotten a positive out of all 3 so I am pretty sure I am pregnant. My period is due tomorrow so I am only a few weeks along. All last week I have had cramping on and off during the day...Still have it today. It felt like I was just about to start to period so that is why I was not sure if I was pregnant. I am sure it was implantation cramping and it does not feel any different from period cramps....Just a little lighter.

Hope that helps!
|

Experienced User
Thanks for responding and congrats! My cramping is a little different than my period cramping. It is lighter like you said but it feels like pressure and sometimes it will have really quick sharper pains. I really hope this is it. I have a headache today too. I am anxious about taking the test tomarro. I was going to take one today but I decided to wait till the first urine of the day tomorrow.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I got constant ovary pains everyday for 7 weeks.

I did have the sharp pain in one ovary with light headedness(really light headed--almost passed out) on one day, and 2 days later on the other ovary around 10-14 days into pregnancy.

I am not pregnant in my uterus. For I have no uterus. I feel the sharp pains I had was implantation--but not in uterus --in my ovaries.

Now I believe I am pregnant with twins, so that would explain the 2 different days.
|

replied March 6th, 2012
Question
How are you pregnant with no uterus?
|

replied April 8th, 2012
Have you gone mad? How is it possible for you to be pregnant with no uterus? smh.
|

replied May 13th, 2012
Hi
its call ectopic pregnany, love. its when the sperm swims up the fallopian tube and the egg is fertilized there and the egg chooses to burrow into the wall of the fallopian tube instead of the uterus. many pregnancies that start out this way tend to end sadly by a necessary abortion or a ruptured fallopian tube....
|

replied June 18th, 2012
Doesn't explain why she seems to think she's pregnant with twins. And FYI, if she doesn't have a uterus, there is no connection between vagina and Fallopian tube, AKA, unless she has some sort of strange chasm in her abdomen, she's not pregnant.
|

replied October 1st, 2012
Boy o boy
/loooooooooooool this strip is quite funny...

bless her she most prob really wants children.
|

replied October 14th, 2012
@ katie That's kind of mean to say, if you're not a doctor or a nurse you shouldn't come on here talking like you got all the knowledge in the world besides this whole topic wasn't about her anyway.AKA grow up.
|

replied June 30th, 2013
@katie Wow ignorant much? Go educate yourself ..
You sound stupid
|

Hey Kansas
I dont know if you remember me from other posts, but we are on the same cycle. I am also two days late. Two months ago I decided to do a pregnancy test at this stage and it was negative and I spent the next 24 hours wondering if it was a false negative until I got my period (very annoying). This time I gonna leave it as long as my nerves can take!!

Good luck and let me know..... I will definitely ket you know of news.

Best wishes
|

replied December 13th, 2005
Experienced User
Whell
Kansas what were the results
|

replied December 13th, 2005
Experienced User
I went to the doc today. The urine test was negative. I am still late. My doctor thinks I may be preg but its too early to tell. I ovulated really late so if I am preg I would only be a week along. It wont show up on the test yet. I am really disappointed and anxious. She said to test again in a week if af dosent come. I am still having my wierd cramping and sore nipples. Now its time to play the waiting game. I reallly really really hope I am prego.
|

replied June 10th, 2011
what are preg signs in 2 weeks
I feel same like all months back. the anxiety then the dissapointment after high hope. I understand that we are much in this race. I wish all of us great luck. We'll get our babies. I'm still believing for this month. not done any test though. I'm hoping with faith for us all.
|

replied August 13th, 2011
Trying for 4 years and on pregnyl and femara now through the NAPRO approach. Did a PT yesterday and for the first time in four years I saw two lines and couldn't believe it. Unfortunately I called my nurse who explained that because I am on Pregnyl it could just be that showing up. I am irregular and my period comes between day 30 and 36 - i am on day 33. Two days ago I had sharp pains in my left side and last night very sore lower abdominal pain but only lasted a few minutes. I desperately want to know if I am pregnant. Breasts really sore. My nurse said I won't know till 17 days plus peak which is day 36 - 3 days and counting. Fingers crossed. Really I probably am not but how I wish i was Sad
|

replied December 14th, 2005
Experienced User
Waiting Can Be Stressful
Yeah the waiting game can be pretty stressful I hate having to wait.
I have no patience when it comes to that stuff.Lol oh whell let us know what the results are. Baby dust to you.

Good luck

trishabunny
|

Good luck kansas.... I.Mm also gonna test again in a couple of days if I dont get my period. Keep in touch
|

Experienced User
I still dont have af yet. This is day five of her being late. I am going to wait till the first of next week and test again if she doesnt come. I am still having mild cramping and very sore nipples.
|

Experienced User
Cramping
My first sign was sore breasts. Heavy, and sore and almost like my nipples sting. Owie. From the day I tested positive, ( 4-5 days before my period) I have had cramping, and it is basically as bad as period cramps. ( which sucks ) , but I have had them for a week. I have had 5 positive hpt, and am 3 days past period being due, so I am quite positive they were accurate positives. But the cramping sucks. It is off and on all day every day. Everyone I have spoke to says it is normal, plus I was told once my uterus "tilts", and someone told me they thought maybe what I am feeling is the uterus "righting" itself. Who knows. But so far, it is my worst symptom. :(
also, my belly is already swollen on the bottom.Rounded out a bit and hard. My normal dr was feeling it at an appt for a uti yesterday and she thinks maybe I am farther than I think ( I think 4-5 weeks, but she thinks maybe more, or twins because belly's dont get hard that early usually) she said I may have testd negative last month because I possibly ovulated nowhere when I was supposed to and possibly got pregnant right before my last period ( november), or maybe I just had some bleeding that first month, who knows. I have my first ob appt on tuesdat, so I guess I will find everything out then. I just hate the cramping because it makes me worried, even though everyone says it is normal.
|

replied September 30th, 2008
i dont know if im pregnant
alright heres the deal:) end july early august i got in a car accident and i thought i may have been pregnant they took a test before i got my ex rays and said it was neg. so i left it alone and then almost a month down the road from that i thought i was pregnant again because i had this little tiny firm bump just above my pubic bone and i had sore nipples and everything but then i got my period but it was a very abnormal period, then from that period right to when i was suppose to get my next period i had bleeding lighter then a period but still enough to have to wear a pad. my dr. told me to keep taking my bc and skip my next period but i have notice that in the last couples of weeks my bump is larger i know they said you usually only feel your uterus at 9-12 weeks but i am a very tiny woman so i think it may be my uterus i havent taken a test i am this week i just cant wait i want to know someone elses opinion.i also have been getting cramps for a few weeks now sometimes they are very mild but other times they are very quick sharp pains, i also have darkened nipples but they say it is the areola the area around your nipple that gets darker, i have been very sleepy falling asleep during the day and have had headaches which i never used to get,i have been running to the washroom more often and i also get back pain but i am not sure if that is a symptom because that is what i had hurt in the car accident...am i going crazy or does anyone else think i could be preggo ? please resond asap:)
|

replied September 30th, 2008
to fatfamily02
that is amazing i didnt even know it was possible to get pregnant without a uterus. is it safe? congrats Smile
|

replied October 16th, 2008
implantation cramping?
just today, i started having menstruation-like cramps. i (very stupidly) had unprotected sex about 2 days after ovulation, and it's now 4 days after. i'm expecting my period in about a week and a half, so i'm really hoping that what i'm feeling is not implantation cramping. can anybody offer any insight?

also, my partner withdrew before ejaculation, but it happened twice so i'm afraid that there could have been sperm in the pre-ejaculate the second time.

and does anybody know when is the earliest i could take a pregnancy test, if i don't get my period first?
|

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
If you had sex four days ago, you're not experiencing implantation. Implantation occurs 10-14 days after ovulation - very close to the time you'd expect your period.
|

replied October 21st, 2008
False negative test?
Me and my husband are officially trying to get pregnant and about 5 days ago I believe i had implantation cramping and bleeding. It only lasted a day and hasn't come back. I was supposed to start today...but nothing. I took two tests yesterday and they were negative. I hoping that it was just too early but everyone i talk to says theirs showed positive the day before their missed period. Anyone else's not show up positive as early as that? I'm a labor and delivery nurse so i should know all of this- lol.
|

replied April 21st, 2011
With my first I was sure I was pregnant and took many tests but they were all negative until the day I should have started. That one was finally positive.
|

replied January 12th, 2009
update from Kansas?
I was just reading this post to find out some information about implantation cramping because I think I may be pregnant and I am hoping there is good news from Kansas! Are you out there? What was the result.

So, here is my story. My last regular period started on November 20th. Prior to that, I have always been regular and have been off birth control for about 7 months. I am not officially "trying" to get pregnant; just not trying not to get pregnant. I have had sex a number of times between my last period and now, but I have not been very accurate about keeping track of my cycle.

I thought I may have been pregnant a few weeks ago because I had missed my December period and took a few tests, but all came back negative.

Then, all last week, I experienced cramping like I was going to get my period, but it never came. Two days ago when I went to the bathroom, a few small drops of blood came out, but it wasn't like period blood; it was very light. And then, that was it, which is very unlike my cycle. I just took an hpt a few minutes ago and it was negative.

Do you think it's possible I ovulated very late in my cycle last month and that I could be pregnant this time? Some other article that I have read say that if so, a test should be positive in a few days. Wishful thinking?
|

replied January 19th, 2009
Implantation Bleeding? Pregnant?
Hi, I need help! I want to know if I'm pregnant. Last Tuesday (Jan. 13) I bled, it was very light and pinkish. It didnt last more than 2 mins. I'm guessing thats "spotting". Well anyways, it happened before my period is suppose to start. My period is suppose to be today and nothing yet. Was the bleeding possibly the "implantation bleeding"? I took 2 tests on Thursday, and neg. actually one of the test was very weird. I felt like it was inaccurate. Then on Saturday (Jan. 17) I went to my docs to take a urine test. I got the result today and again, its a neg. I'm completely torn. For the past few days my boyfriend and i have been thinking that I am. I've been experiencing cramps, very light cramps for the past two days now. I've been very tired. I experienced light headaches the other day. I'm going to wait and see if this I start my period and if not this week. I'll take another test. I just hate this waiting game thing. Basically I just want to know if I took the tests too early. All three tests were neg. Please, let me know if any one has anything to say? Thanks
|

replied May 15th, 2011
okay,im wondering if im prego,im haveing strang semtoms and havent had my mouthly in four mouths now its normal for me to miss a mouth but not this many,i also havent been able to keep down most all food i normaly eat i can only eat one dish and its all i really want i took a test came out negative,and the one at the doc did too so did the blood test but my doc didnt even knoe if you are prego you cant have an exray done,i have gone up two chest sizes and my stomach looks odd and my belly button looks/feels liek it might be coming out more,now im having a pain in my upper stomach like i line going down but with some pain,i also have some pain just below my stomack kinda by my bladder i seem to be ussing the potty more and haveing some back pains.it also hurts to streach to much it feels like im pulling on something/it buggs me to lay on both my sides.im also lacking a sertanhormone a women should have dont know if that afects it,most every women in our family dont show up till there 3rd or fouth mouth.if i am prego i believe i would be two mouths prego?!
|

replied April 3rd, 2012
is this english?
|

replied January 21st, 2009
Implantation cramping
Ok so...I have been taking Yaz for the last 6 months and just took my last pill on January 3rd. I didn't really have a period the entire time, really it was just spotting when I was on the placebos for the last 4 pills of the month. So starting on January 5th, I had my typical "spotting" like period for 3-4 days. I checked my cervical mucous and it seemed like I was ovulating this weekend so my husband and I had sex on Sunday. I went online and tracked everything charting my spotting as if it were my period on the 5th and low and behold, I would have been ovulating on the 19th, the day after we did the deed. I had some cramping off and on today (the 20th). Is it possible that the cramping was implantation or just ovulation?? Could I be pregnant this soon after going off the pill? We were planning on trying in March, but we would be thrilled if I were pregnant now! Anyone?? Smile
|

replied January 22nd, 2009
Implantation cramping
Need a little information for my SANITY!!! Last year i miscarried. I was at 7 weeks and it goes without saying my husband and i were devastated. In november, my dr gave us the go ahead to ttc again if we felt up to it. We just got the nerve this month to try again so when i got my period on Dec 26th we used that as our starting point. I wasnt really tracking my ovulation but the tests that i did do said that i was ovulating around the 11th (give or take a few days) I've been regular since my very first cycle,even after the miscarriage, I'm supposed to start on the 24th of this month which is in a few days. Last time i was pregnant i took a test a couple days before and had a positive test. Today i tested but it was negative.
For the last few days i have experienced light cramping that comes and goes. Its not really sharp, but it is uncomfortable and i feel like my body temperature fluctuates when i cramp. Today i had some light pink spotting (just once) and light headaches. Could what i have be implantation cramping and it's just too early for a positive test or could it really be just af? Any type of information would be so so so so so helpful. thanks.
|

replied March 2nd, 2012
indecisive
I have one son and he is 5 so it has been a while since ive experience these pains so everything seems pretty New to Me...CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME... i have lower back pain,I Had sharp pain in my uterus for atleast 4 days until i went to the hospital,The pain was actually that bad..lol..They checked me for everything i have no discharged no Std so they sent me Home saying that its normal the pain was so bad the only way it could be copped with i had to sit in the hot tube of water then once im out the water her come the pain again..Now i feel Lower back pain..Mild headaches,Watery Mouth,Mild Tooth aches,Heat Flashes & a lil nausea my period is not due until the 7 of March but i honestly ready to take the 6day response...SHOULD I Test
|

User Profile
replied March 18th, 2012
am i prego
My LMP was Feb 22, and my hubby and I are trying. Well starting Friday I've had this throbbing, thumping, fluttery,spasm like heartbeat in uterus area. Yesterday for about three urinations I was saw like pink but now its gone. My period is to start in 3 days. Pregnancy tests still neg. Could I still pregnant but its too soon to tell?
|

replied March 19th, 2012
You and I are on the same cycle, my LMP was on the 23rd of February me and my husband had unprotected sex on the 3rd, 8th and 9th of march. I ovulated on the 9th. It is now day 10 after ovulation and I am feeling a very light crampy feeling, I have had no spotting what so ever. My breasts arent very sore but kinda, I'm very tired all the time and it seems like I am using the restroom more often, I have headaches off and on, and have felt nauseated off and on within the past few days. My cramping started last thursday which was the 16th, it has quit. I am not supposed to get my period for 3 more days, is it a likely chance that I am pregnant? I could use all the help I can get!! Thanks
|