Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

I Got My Period the Next Day I Had Sex (Page 1)

Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
Ok I had sex with my boyfriend and we used a condom .... The following day I got my period but for some reason im scared im pregnant I dot think I have any symptoms but im just scared my next period should come sometime this week and I was just wondering wat are the chances that I may be pregnant
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper theconfused
|

replied December 12th, 2005
Someone please reply ....
|

I'm a little confused about your story but this is what I think.

If you got your period after you had sex then you cant be pregnant... Dont worry. I would only worry if you didnt get your period. Besides it is very unlikely that you are actually able to conceive just before your period.

I hope this helps
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied July 16th, 2012
helpPLEASE
I had sex with GUY#1 on June 1st through June 6th unprotected.
Then I had sex unprotected with GUY#2 on June 10th and again on June 16th unprotected.
I started my period June 17th and it lasted until June23rd (normal).
After that I had sex with GUY#1 again from July 5th - to July 8th unprotected.
--Now my period is late; I havent taken a pregnancy test yet. But i'm concerned because i'm having pregnancy symptons. Who would my childs father be if I am pregnant??

*Please no crazy remarks. Just actual advice!
|

replied July 17th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Guy #1, but wait until you get a positive pregnancy test result, before jumping to conclusions.

Please get an STD test done.

Best of luck!
|

Thank you it really helped ... Its just that my stomach has been feeling weird all day for the past days that ive been thinkin about it but my bf tells me its all in my head and I really hope it is
|

replied January 4th, 2006
It is all in your head....Because I had sex while on my period with a tampon in...Haha..I don't know how I managed to do that but i'm still currently trying to overcome that feeling too because I thought I was pregnant for awhile...I won't find out for sure until 2 weeks from now and I called a clinic to see if I needed a morning after pill..They told me more than likely I wasn't and that I didn't need one....If you take it off your mind..I promise you will feel a whole lot better...Trust me...I had a lot to worry about since I am only 17
|

replied December 14th, 2006
Experienced User
mv23rox wrote:
it is all in your head....Because I had sex while on my period with a tampon in...Haha..I don't know how I managed to do that but i'm still currently trying to overcome that feeling too because I thought I was pregnant for awhile...I won't find out for sure until 2 weeks from now and I called a clinic to see if I needed a morning after pill..They told me more than likely I wasn't and that I didn't need one....If you take it off your mind..I promise you will feel a whole lot better...Trust me...I had a lot to worry about since I am only 17

hi

it may just be your body changes, if you being taking any antibiotics or if you have been using implanon or changed your contraception or stopped using it, it will make alot of difference but I have had the same expeience it could be that your period crept up on you, this happens to me all the time when im not meant to be due then about a week early it creeps up.
|

replied June 22nd, 2009
well actually you could be pregnant because you can still have your period when you are pregnant. look it up. its true. the same thing happened to me and i thought i was just cuz i was thinking it and my stomach always felt weird and i would feel sick but it was all in my head. i am only 14 so it was really freaking me out but after i got that thought out of my head i started feeling better and now i'm fine.
|

replied July 8th, 2009
i had sex an then started my period the next day it only lasted 3days but i always last 7 days but it lasted 3 aN thwn just quit do you think i could be pregnate im nauseated an all that!!!
|

replied November 9th, 2009
Well I am the mother of four boys. I've never had a pregnancy where I had a period before. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend just days before my period was to start September 29, 2009. Just that one time right. I had a one and a half day period in October, now it's November 9th and I'm queasy with sore nipples and no period. The smell of things are bothering me and I'm having stomach cramps and headaches. So what do you think? Pregnant!
|

replied November 14th, 2009
well let me throw this in. I'm 31 yrs mother of 1. My last period was Oct 12, 09. My cycle is very regular and during ovulation i would have the ovulatory cramps and all what goes with it. My expected ovulation was due on Oct 28 or 29. i visited my fiance who lives in another country on Nov 5th. Because we are trying to conceive i took a few Vitex pills to delay ovulation starting on Oct 23. I took 2 400mg tabs each day and yes it did delay my ovulation. I stopped the pills on Oct 30 to knick start the process again. Oct 6 we had sexual relations which at that point i spotted which would normally happen during ovulation. I got my period or Nov 8 a day earlier than expected. My period was light and the whole time my cervix was high, closed and soft. Now Nov 13 and 14 i have been nauseous, on the brink of vomiting and having headaches. My MD thinks i could have gotten pregnant. If AF didn't show up then i would say definitely but it did. Way confused now. Anyone ever had this experience. Awaiting blood results.
|

Especially eHealthy
Did you test for delayed ovulation? Are you aware if you delay ovulation you also delay your period?

Sounds like you had your period and are not pregnant this cycle.

Good luck.
|

Yes i did test for ovulation with the OPK kit on Nov 4th it was positive. Sorry i forgot to put that in, that is why when AF showed up on the 8th i was shocked. My temps also stayed high and are still high. Confused...
|

replied November 20th, 2009
I also have the same case (almost)... Last Nov.19 i had unprotected sex with my bf, (it was 2 months since the last time we did it on Sept.19). Surprisingly, on that same day, i had my period which is 6/7 days earlier because I'm expecting to have my menstruation on the 24th or 25th. I have a regular 30day-cycle and it is based on my menstrual calendar. I am in my 2nd day of period and it's really heavy! Why is that so? Another question is, can i still get pregnant by that unprotected sex we had though got my period hours after? need your answers/comments...thanks!
|

replied December 20th, 2009
You can only get pregnant roughly 4 days before and 2 days after you ovulate since sperm can survive in the body up to 5 days. if you know when you are due to ovulate will give you an idea of your risk. There are many reasons that cause woman to have an early period.
|

replied December 16th, 2010
I don't know if i'm pregnant?
I got my period on Dec.8,which was It lasted 3 days,not very heavy or anything. Well,the 3rd day i had pretty much stopped bleeding. So i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. The first time there was no blood,but the second time i started bleeding again. I went to the bathroom & their was no blood on the toliet paper. For four days after that,I was spotting. I have had major headaches,a little nauseous, & i have had many people say my boobies have grown. Is it possible i could be pregnant?
|

replied December 18th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Austinsgurl11, Take a pregnancy test and find out. If people can notice your bigger breasts under winter clothes, you must be quite pregnant by now.

It is however unlikely that you will get pregnant from sex on day 3. That will mean that your cycles must be between 15 and 21 days long. This is abnormally short cycles.

When you orgasm shortly before during or shortly after your period, the orgasm contractions in your uterus can force some left over menstrual debris out. This sounds a lot like what you are describing. The contractions during orgasm have much the same effect as the cramps during menstruation. It will help the uterus loosen the lining and excrete it. One difference is that during orgasm it is pleasurable.

Please be very very careful. Rather protect yourself every time you have sex and be safe from pregnancy, infections and STDs.

Best of luck!
|

I came off the pill and a week later I was getting period cramps. I had unprotected sex with my ex whom I was still living with and the next day I came on. Since then had cramps on both sides very painful for the last 2 weeks after period, and now been vomiting and very very fatigued. Am I in early stages of pregnancy?
|

Especially eHealthy
Jessie, It is unlikely. It may just be your body adjusting to life without the hormones. You can take a pregnancy test about 21 and 28 days after the sex to make sure.

Be careful. I am sure you do not want to become pregnant from your ex. Booty calls are OK as long as you take precautions. Since he is your ex, you also does not know what he is up to, so it will be wise to protect yourself from STDs.

Best of luck!
|
Users who thank UnknownABC for this post: Jessie_Babe 

Thank you very much. I am very careful but was advised to come off pill due to back side effects like mood swings.
I will never do that again. Thank you again.
|

replied July 11th, 2011
I just had sex with my boyfriend for the first time yesturday afternoon. He used a condom and pulled out every time before he came then he changed condoms. My stomach felt a little funny when I got home but I thought that was expected. I woke up around 1 in the morning and found that I got my period. It was really heavy and I have bad cramps and my stomach hurts. Should I be worried if I'm pregnant or not?
|
12 >>