Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

I Want to Lose 8-10 Kg In 3 Weeks. (Page 1)

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
So here's my problem. I want to lose 10 lbs in 3 weeks, and I must must must.

But I have very weak willpower and lack a lot of motivation. I have tried the typical teenage "thinspirational" pictures, but anorexic celebrities don't seem to be doing much for me as far as inspiration goes.

I also that I have no idea how to diet, exercise or any of that. I'm very uninformed as far as that goes. I understand that starving oneself is not the way to go, and that quick weight loss is somewhat pointless because it is all gained back just as quickly, if not quicker, but I really need to lose this weight for personal reasons.

Please help me with your knowledge and experience! Thank you in advance.

my statistics:
weight: 60 kg.
Height: 168 cm.
Goal: 52-50 kg. By dec. 23.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper walaa
|

replied May 22nd, 2008
i weigh 70kg and my height is 159cm
am really fat and am sick of my look.i have to lose weight by three weeks about 9kg even though i know its not healthy but am ready to do anything just to lose weight in three weeks.am in a big trouble please help me. am the fatest in my family.
|

replied April 5th, 2011
you can lose 1kg daily through yog by a very simple exercise ( just sit comfortably and pursue yog) and it is guaranteed.
|

replied April 17th, 2011
how you are
hey it realy doesnt mater that you the fatest in your famiy they just gata live with who you are and y do you need to loose so much weight in such a shourt time and if its for a wedding just 2 say i was a bridesmaid for a wedding and i am about 20Kg overwaight and didnt want to do it because i was 2 upset about my weight but do u know what i was told even if you overweight you are still beautifull and if it for a guy hes not worth it if you have to change for him you are yourself and beautifull how god created you and if you not christen im sorry that i said that 2 you
|

replied April 15th, 2012
Stay focused on your health and faith.
Just make the time and effort, look at lifestyle factors and make an exercise routine ie 5 min warmup 10 minute light weight/resistance training and then a 10-20 minute walk/jog/run followed by 5 min warm down. Cut down on fried food and pop drinks. Snacks are fine but make them healthy ie fruit or veg. Drink plenty of water and you will lose weight maybe not 10 pound in 3 weeks but you will lose the weight and maintain the loss if you work at your exercise diet and maintain the drive to look and feel healthy. I have done this before and now have to do it all again because I lost focus for a while. Have lost 4kg in 2 weeks, not bad going IMO. God made us all and gave us all choices in this world. Sin is a choice, the wrong choice.
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Why do you need to rush losing weight?

If that is really something you need want to do then you need to speak with a doctor to make sure you do things safely, especially since you're so young. However the only way to lose weight and keep it off is to adjust your lifestyle, otherwise the second you go back to eating how you use to you'll put the weight back on way faster than it took to get it off. Weight loss happens for good when you think long term.

If you can take things a little slower then I'll be able to help you plan a little. And because you are so young and your diet is mainly determind by your parents-- in most cases anyways-- you should talk to them so they know your goals.

A healthy (and doable) goal would be to lose about 1-2 lbs (.5kg-.9kg) a week.
|

replied May 29th, 2008
well, if you wanna lose weight, itz all about control your daily calories intake. An average person needs to burn about 1500 Cal daily to funtion normaly. And mos of us we take in more calories than we do, so watever is above 1500 cal will store in our body as fat. And if you take less than 1500 Cal a day, then you can burn your fat. 3500 cal= 1 pounds of Fat. A couple of my friends took some nutrition products and they were able to lose 8-18 pounds in 2 weeks (in a healthy way)
|

User Profile
replied May 30th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Nutrition products are good at losing weight fast but when you do that the second you stop taking them then you'll add all that back. It's a short term fix and its hard to keep it that way when you're done taking the products.
|

replied May 30th, 2008
well, you are right, but just because ppl stopped using it and start going back to their bad eating habits which means eating food that has a lot of calories. So basically, if people don't have a strong discipline then they will need supplement, that is why supplement is for:D
|

replied May 30th, 2008
Experienced User
Tuna in water (onions, small bit of low fat mayonnaise, and pickles), eggs, apples, grilled chicken, green salads-tomatoes (watch out for the dressing - I used Wish Bone Vinegerette) - it is low in fat/carbs, but a little high in sodium, broccoli. Sodium will not make you gain weight, just retain fluid, so you think you are not actually losing, but you are. Even a small amount of low fat shredded cheese is okay in salads, or omelet. I ate an egg for breakfast (low fat/low carb toast - some days), tuna and multi-grain saltine crackers (not too many) for lunch, apple for a snack, and grilled chicken, broccoli and salad for dinner. Chicken stir fry is also good with broccoli, not too many carrots, onions, small amount of olive oil) and a salad. Sometimes, I would put the grilled chicken in my salad, and skip the broccoli and then sometimes, I would eat a grilled chicken breast with broccoli on the side. A lot of water - you can do it. Stay away from carbs/fats - not much left -but, it is healthy. Try and walk a brisk mile a day if you can. I lost 13 lbs in 6 weeks and did not exercise daily.
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Kelvintt wrote:
well, you are right, but just because ppl stopped using it and start going back to their bad eating habits which means eating food that has a lot of calories. So basically, if people don't have a strong discipline then they will need supplement, that is why supplement is for:D

Dieting is a lifestyle change. People can try to cut corners (I've watched my mom try often enough) but there's not going to be a long term change without a long term solution.

I'll also point out that the poster, assuming the profile is correct, is 13 years old. Definetly not healthy.
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2008
im trying to do the same thing too.
the thinspiration thing didnt help me either.
& my will power sucks.
& just also try not thinking about it,
after you know the steps you have to take.
keep yourself busy & dont dwell on it.

i am constantly thinking about food.
& im down to one meal a day
& a slimfast in the morning.

im very unhealthy & im trying to lose
weight.

i know how you feel!!!
message me if you want something that i found
on tips to losing weight.
trust me, ive researched a lot.
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2008
ok, it was probably a bad idea posting
this... but i know how it feels to really
want it.
so im sorry if people get mad at me for
posting this, but i am going through the same
stuff... i have been for years...
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Feel free to pm me anytime syntheticblue.
I'd be happy to help in any way I can Smile
|
Users who thank Maddie34 for this post: syntheticblue 

replied June 13th, 2008
You can PM me too if you want SynBlue...I know exactly what you're going through....been there before and probably will be again...if you want some camraderie...i'm here
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Maddie34 wrote:

Dieting is a lifestyle change. People can try to cut corners (I've watched my mom try often enough) but there's not going to be a long term change without a long term solution.

I'll also point out that the poster, assuming the profile is correct, is 13 years old. Definetly not healthy.

YES most definitely. Corner cutting diets are just short term "solutions", during which your body will probably undergo permanent forms of damage because of the lack of nutrients to sustain itself. The only real long term solution is lifestyle changes.

As for the original poster and others who wished to lose weight within the next few weeks, it will be difficult in order to lose weight healthily, you need to keep an eye out on your calories, and where they come from. Just from sitting here on this very chair, staring at your monitor, for the entire day, you can burn anywhere from 1400-2000 calories depending on your muscle mass percentage, etc. With the proper dieting, and cardiovascular exercise, you can achieve your goal. Please don't resort to unhealthy resolutions, they really don't get you anywhere in the future. I'm not sure why you have to do this in three weeks anyway, but it isn't recommended to try losing that much in so short of a time.
|

replied April 16th, 2009
hi
i am 70kg and i am 170 cm tall . i wan to lose around 8kgs in 1 month . what is the diet and tips to follow in order to achieve? thanks in advance
|

replied May 28th, 2009
RE: Don't Mix Protein & Carbs = Weightloss
I tried diet pills, powerders, lotions and syrups. I even went to the gym, drank more water and followed a low glycemic diet. Nothing worked better than eating carbs separately from proteins. The first days were hard because your stomach is digesting food so efficiently that you "feel" like your stomach is empty and thus that you are hungry. I ate carb food with veggies and salads (avoid cream salad dressing) for some meals and other meals, I would eat meat/fish with veggies (avoid carb veg like potatoes/yams). I did this for the majority of meals in the week and the fat on my body melted to the point where I could SEE my own weightloss. I didn't need other people to tell me! Food combining means that fruit is eaten alone (always) because it is digested differently from carbs/veg/proteins. Remember biology class taught us that different foods require different digestive juices? Well the principle of food combining is the same: the body digests food more efficiently when the foods eaten at one meal sitting require the same digestive juices. Amylase for starch and pepsin for proteins! Mixing the two means digestive juices in the gut are neutralised and food has to putrify before it moves to the other end. I also lost my big appetite when I followed food combining. Try it. I also have the willpower problem, trust me. I was an obese child, a fat teen, and now I am a streamlined woman.
|

replied August 7th, 2011
Hi there
I was hoping that you could give me an example of your food intake for one day. And also what was your schedule of exercise was (if only a half hour walk)

Thanks you !
|

replied June 30th, 2009
How can I lose 8-10 kg in 10 days?
Weight:94 kg
Height:165 cm
Goal: 65kg-75kg

I tried major types of diet and till know i only lost aroung 5-6 kg in 2 months and know my weight is 94 kg i would like to lose 8 kg in 10 days , please help, i have to lose weight in 10 days because iam travelling during summer.

|

replied July 1st, 2009
What troubles be here is the Age group - YOUNG teenage girls?? While we all like to stand on our high stools and proclaim rapid fatloss is BAD we most likely have all tried it at one time or another ... and while we knew it was not ideal or healthy we still did it as we saw the benefits outweight the risk.

None the less, at such a young age rapid weight loss can only compound these possible detrimental side effect IF ONLY because *ALL* rapid-fat-loss techniques involve severe carb manipulation (including prolonged depletion periods) and/or lots of exercise - both of which in excess seriously alter Hormone levels ... and for a pubescent teen this is DEFINITELY Not ideal.

I know that is not what you wanted to hear =)

Now, if youre still DEAD SET on losing weight ... Look up a book by Lyle McDonald called 'A guide to flexible dieting'. It outlines some basic 'crash-course' diets - all of which wouldnt be recommended for you.
|

User Profile
replied September 6th, 2009
i wanna loose 8 to 10kg weight from 6km walk is this posiable
|

replied January 2nd, 2010
quick weight loss
eat only veges, fruit, fish no red meat. No bananas.
If you exercise; walk run what ever, wear a rubbish bag under your clothes + 2-3 layers over the top. ie, singlet, t-shirt, jumper. You will sweat the remaining fat. I lost 5kgs in two weeks. 170cm, 55kgs. I'm also an athlete, so i'm trying to make my weight. So, if you are not used to this hard core weight loss regime i suggest extra protein. Whey protein powder or chicken as a substitute. It works. + keep up max water intake.
|

replied May 23rd, 2012
I am 5'4 and weigh 57kgs (127 pounds). I want to become slim and become about 48-49 kgs. What is the best way to loose the weight and prevent it from coming back? I want to loose this weight in 3-4 months. Which exercises are the best? Am I fat currently?
|

replied January 6th, 2010
yeah...if you are go with whey protein powder than it's best..actually i have preferred also and as per the my experiences it's the best supplement in the diet schedule...!
|
12 >>